Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 11:11 PM

15,912 posts, read 20,198,598 times

Advertisements

I know this is off topic but how about this?

Between FY 2008 and FY 2011 the federal climate change budget more than doubled from 7.4 Billion to 18.1 Billion dollars....

THAT is beyond sickening.........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2011, 07:54 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Everything in states budgets are paid for, then throw in the cost of illegal parasitic sponges and it is putting States into bankruptcy.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:01 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
in fact...the study would find out how many illegal children there are in Texas, not the Country. I would be up to each state to do like-wise to find that number. Regardless of the number of illegal children in Texas schools...The Supreme Court of the US has ruled that...All children will recieve a public education regardless of immigration status.
That's not even the case in many Texas schools. The students are not residents of Texas -- forget legal residency. Many students cross the border daily - or they reside in Texas M-F with some relative and go home weekends. And many here live in New Mexico.

It's a joke. The clerks registering the students will tell Americans they must get a utility bill and birth certificates but they tell the illegals and non-residents just to get some notarized statement that they are paying rent to someone as proof of residency when they lack all other proof.

And I know this for a fact because I've witnessed it many times. And they'll help them find the "right" notary public.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:33 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
And if Texas and other states did a true study of what it is costing them to educate the children of illegal aliens and presented to the Supreme Court that ruling could be reversed.
How would that happen...The Supreme Court never said that the Education would be without cost. It simply ruled that all children were entitled to an education.

The Court Doesnt Rule on the wishes of States... it rules when a party has been harmed. If it was the Court itself that made the ruling, then It was aware that there would be cost to the States.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
That's not even the case in many Texas schools. The students are not residents of Texas -- forget legal residency. Many students cross the border daily - or they reside in Texas M-F with some relative and go home weekends. And many here live in New Mexico.

It's a joke. The clerks registering the students will tell Americans they must get a utility bill and birth certificates but they tell the illegals and non-residents just to get some notarized statement that they are paying rent to someone as proof of residency when they lack all other proof.

And I know this for a fact because I've witnessed it many times. And they'll help them find the "right" notary public.

what does any of that have to do with the Supeme Court's Ruling? That battle is with the State.

Old 01-14-2011, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Everything in states budgets are paid for, then throw in the cost of illegal parasitic sponges and it is putting States into bankruptcy.
That is why the state of Texas is doing the study. What do you know of the cost? Which State's study are you quoting from?

Old 01-14-2011, 03:17 PM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
This is beyond sickening.
We already know the costs to welfare and other programs what can it hurt to break down other services. Like checking status of students parents upon entering our school system.

Some people have a lot to hide and it makes you wonder just what Country their loyalty is to.

Old 01-14-2011, 03:43 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
I always have to wonder exactly why it is that schools are not allowed to ask immigration status, especially as they can't BE denied an education in K-12 years. Colleges and Universities are allowed to ask for status upon enrolment, so why all the secrecy in the K-12 sector?

Old 01-14-2011, 03:47 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
I always have to wonder exactly why it is that schools are not allowed to ask immigration status, especially as they can't BE denied an education in K-12 years. Colleges and Universities are allowed to ask for status upon enrolment, so why all the secrecy in the K-12 sector?
Good question. I would like to know the answer to that one also.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:12 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
I was wondering the same thing. Now that illegals live under the unwritten protected status, it's not like anyone will get into trouble. They want stats on every darn thing else we do. Just not those things that aren't so rosy.

We know a helluva lot more about cigarette smokers than we do about illegals. And the smokers pay huge taxes for their indiscretions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration