Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-13-2011, 01:39 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times

Advertisements

Good grief.................

Quote:
Aldermen unanimously approved a resolution urging Obama to use his executive powers to call an immediate halt to deportation of undocumented workers that separate them from families that include either a U.S. citizen or a child who would be covered by the so-called “DREAM Act.”
and then they have the unmitigated gall to try to tie deportations of illegals into actions against slavery?

Quote:
Burke noted that in the 1850s, the City Council voted to prohibit law enforcement officials from cooperating with U.S. marshals then tracking down fugitive slaves. The immigration issue is a similar issue of “compassion and morality,” Burke said
Chicago aldermen urge moratorium on
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 02:18 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Good grief.................

and then they have the unmitigated gall to try to tie deportations of illegals into actions against slavery?

Chicago aldermen urge moratorium on
After reading your confusing post, I can see why you have questions...still.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:22 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Now, let them try to deny these children aren’t being exploited as anchors. It truly boils my blood when they compare slavery to illegal immigration. There is NO comparison; none whatsoever. If caught, an illegal will be detained, and at the most, deported. Within a few days, they will return and resume their illegal lifestyle. They will not be shackled and beaten unmercifully, and then sold to a plantation owner as a gift to the lady of the manor. Their children aren’t being ripped from their mothers’ arms, never to be seen again. They aren’t being branded, and hunted like animals, and killed for sport. Nor were they captured and stuffed like sardines on ships, and brought here against their will. This truly, truly pisses me off.

Old 01-13-2011, 02:27 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
After reading your confusing post, I can see why you have questions...still.
Why do you respond when you appear to have nothing to add to the topic? If you find my post "confusing" perhaps there's a reason..........and it's not my post

Old 01-13-2011, 02:36 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,868,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Now, let them try to deny these children aren’t being exploited as anchors. It truly boils my blood when they compare slavery to illegal immigration. There is NO comparison; none whatsoever. If caught, an illegal will be detained, and at the most, deported. Within a few days, they will return and resume their illegal lifestyle. They will not be shackled and beaten unmercifully, and then sold to a plantation owner as a gift to the lady of the manor. Their children aren’t being ripped from their mothers’ arms, never to be seen again. They aren’t being branded, and hunted like animals, and killed for sport. Nor were they captured and stuffed like sardines on ships, and brought here against their will. This truly, truly pisses me off.

These kind of misconstrued arguments will hopefully come back to bite them where they sit. I'm with you, when they make these comparisons it diminishes the atrocities of our past. And they wonder who is rewriting history.

Old 01-13-2011, 03:19 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times
Quote:
Now, aldermen want Obama to take matters into his own hands to stop a deportation policy they called “inhumane” and said is
Quote:
separating 1,100 families each day.
If only this were true....

Old 01-14-2011, 08:41 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Too uneducated to realize, there are consequences for an individuals actions.
Let's change the consequence on the fly.

Cheating in the game and changing the rules when you get caught cheating, gets the game destroyed never to be played again.

Old 01-16-2011, 05:55 AM

320 posts, read 290,417 times
Comparing slavery and illegal-immigration is just STUPID.

Old 01-16-2011, 01:14 PM

6,864 posts, read 12,078,177 times
The open border crowd has no problem with 'anchor babies' and 'chain migration'. Look for the words 'chain migration' in the next push for amnesty. It was in the last bill.

Old 01-16-2011, 03:29 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Why do you respond when you appear to have nothing to add to the topic? If you find my post "confusing" perhaps there's a reason..........and it's not my post
the REASON-the confusion is in equating the Dream Act with "achor babies" one has nothing to do with the other...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration