Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 10:09 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,429,775 times

Advertisements

Immigration Raid in Small Washington Town Shakes Residents
Published January 22, 2011
| Fox News Latino

Immigration agents raided several mobile home parks in Ellensberg, Wash. early Thursday, arresting more than two dozen immigrants and leaving many children without immediate childcare, residents said.

More than 200 people turned out at a central Washington church to discuss the raids. Those attending the meeting included faculty members and students from the hometown Central Washington University

Quote:
"It's sad how this happened," Ayala said. "The crimes these people are accused of ... they are crimes done because they want to work."
Immigration Raid in Small Washington Town Shakes Residents - Fox News Latino
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2011, 12:35 AM

6,612 posts, read 12,841,462 times
Posted earlier https://www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...ice-raids.html

Old 01-23-2011, 07:21 AM

1,150 posts, read 1,178,825 times
[quote=mkfarnam;17536400]Immigration Raid in Small Washington Town Shakes Residents
| Fox News Latino

Immigration agents raided several mobile home parks in Ellensberg, Wash. early Thursday, arresting more than two dozen immigrants and leaving many children without immediate childcare, residents said.

More than 200 people turned out at a central Washington church to discuss the raids. Those attending the meeting included faculty members and students from the hometown Central Washington University

I've seen this charge before, about leaving children without anyone to care for them. It's just another lie perpetrated by illegal alien supporters to garner sympathy. No agency is going to leave minor children without proper adult supervision. They may be left with a friend, or relative, or they may be turned over to Child Protective Services, but they're never left on their own.

Old 01-23-2011, 07:39 AM

http://www.kirotv.com/news/26582211/detail.html
Quote:
"My mom opened the door and I heard her screaming 'Why, why?' and then I heard someone say 'Everybody come out with your hands up in the air," Gonzalez said.
At least they understood English.

Quote:
"It's sad how this happened," Ayala said. "The crimes these people are accused of ... they are crimes done because they want to work."
So I guess that justifies everything?

Sorry for bothering you.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:03 AM

[quote=Jayarcy;17538865]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
Immigration Raid in Small Washington Town Shakes Residents
| Fox News Latino

I've seen this charge before, about leaving children without anyone to care for them. It's just another lie perpetrated by illegal alien supporters to garner sympathy.
Quote:
No agency is going to leave minor children without proper adult supervision.
They may be left with a friend, or relative, or they may be turned over to Child Protective Services, but they're never left on their own.
That's right. Before the officers leave the sceen they ask neighbors to if they could watch the children and if that isn't possible, they have a # for Child Services.
This goes on record and the parents are informed somewhere down the line.
If they didn't, the LEO could be charged with "child endangerment".

So like you said, it's all just a type of bait-n-switch tactic.

Old 01-23-2011, 08:58 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,522,451 times
The people who made the CHOICE to enter illegally are trespassers that need to be sent home. Our founding documents are not a blanket that covers anyone that sets their foot on our soil. How far is our government (and President) willing to push The People before the people push back?

And shame on the people supporting sanctuary cities and amnesty, If they really care that much how about doing it
the legal way...Like everyone else !

Old 01-23-2011, 09:31 AM

8,624 posts, read 9,088,985 times
Boot them ALL out! If they cared about their kids they would not have put them at risk by starting their life in this country illegally.

Old 01-23-2011, 09:36 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
I think they need to match these kids up with their illegal parents and get the whole family back home where they belong quickly.

That's where voluntary departure fits in, let the parent show some love for their children by choosing to return home rather than spend time in a detention center fighting the deportation order.

Old 01-30-2011, 04:18 PM

25,021 posts, read 27,933,813 times
Don't let the door hit you in the ass, illegals.

Old 01-30-2011, 08:45 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,305,916 times
I don't think a lot of the people who make the comment of "They just want to work," really understand and see the big picture. Most of us "want to work," but you don't break the rules and ignore the policies of a country to do it. Plus, there's more to it than them just working. It's not that simple. They are more than likely taking more than giving and they are getting everything they want, but giving little. There are just many aspects of our country that are affected by illegal immigration, it's not just about them simply wanting to work. Sometimes, they don't just want to work, they want to have kids here, get assistance and became legalized eventually so they don't have to worry about getting deported.

Notice that the video in the link says, "Benefits fraud charges, ..." You mean to tell me that there are people out there that think there is some EXCUSE and JUSTIFICATION of these people cheating on things like food assistance or health insurance? SO, when the legal resident goes for food assistance and there are no more funds left because of illegal immigrant increases over the years, that's OK?

Also, in that video, notice the people that are at the meeting and who are arguing against this raid. I'm not saying that people who are not Hispanic (let's face it, those who are Hispanic [whatever that means] are the largest group of illegal immigrants in the country and are the ones represented in the video.) can't fight for illegal immigrants, but a lot of the time, the people who are fighting for illegal immigrants are the employers of them or they make money off of them in some way. I noticed some of the people in the background, they looked like people who work in labor industries. I'm from Kentucky, the look of someone who works in labor is not hard to spot. So, I'm thinking that these people in the video saying that they need to be informed that raids will happen are people who have taken a liking to illegal immigrants because they work for them or make money for them.

Do they really care about them? I wonder the motive of a lot of the people who jump up to defend illegal immigrants. I do believe in this case, there were some church members involved. That's fine, love is good. But, don't try to justify illegal immigration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration