Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2011, 12:48 AM

1,481 posts, read 2,160,761 times

Advertisements

That is do they get locked up for employing illegals with no or false papers and for not running the proper checks on all papers ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2011, 06:54 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,681,326 times
No, some of them might be fined...but that's about it.

See, if every single business had to pay a fine, and I am talking at least 100k for every single illegal immigrant they employ, ( that number starting with smaller business ) and going up according to the size of the company, I think things might start to change. I know this is all wishful thinking but so many great things that happened in this country when it was founded were just a dream at some point...don't you think?

I think those who employ illegal immigrants should go straight to jail but then that would also mean tax payers would be paying for their stay in jail as well.

Those who employee them are as just ( if not more ) as wrong as the criminals that work for them.

Old 02-05-2011, 06:54 AM

27,159 posts, read 15,334,701 times
They should.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:20 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,325,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
That is do they get locked up for employing illegals with no or false papers and for not running the proper checks on all papers ?
Some have served jail time. Many have just been fined. However, it is hard to prove that an employer has "knowingly" hired an illegal alien because they present such authentic looking fake documents and most employers are not using e-verify because it isn't mandated in every workplace yet. E-verify should be mandated but the bleediing hearts and ethnocentrics are trying to block it. Even those employers who are using it aren't allowed to use it to check on the employees that have already been hired prior to its usage. That to me is ridiculous. Once an employer starts using it they should have to determine the eligibility to work on those already on their payroll.

Old 02-05-2011, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Some have served jail time. Many have just been fined. However, it is hard to prove that an employer has "knowingly" hired an illegal alien because they present such authentic looking fake documents and most employers are not using e-verify because it isn't mandated in every workplace yet. E-verify should be mandated but the bleediing hearts and ethnocentrics are trying to block it. Even those employers who are using it aren't allowed to use it to check on the employees that have already been hired prior to its usage. That to me is ridiculous. Once an employer starts using it they should have to determine the eligibility to work on those already on their payroll.

I went thru hell when I was hired at my former job because I had just gotten married and my passport didn't match my married name...although I had my marriage license with my maiden name and my married name on it. I had a license with my name on it. A Military ID with my name on it. I had my birth certificate. My social security card. EVERYTHING you can possibly imagine.

In a way, I liked that because the company was very strict about not hiring illegal immigrants...though it was a bit on the crazy side.

I wish people would stop criticizing those who want to keep this country safe for once. However, most who seem to oppose it, haven't been directly affected by the increasing flow of illegal immigrants in this country. ( besides the fact that they pay taxes and it is all going to the wrong places. ) I think until it truly affects them, they are never going to wake up.

They don't mind the Spanish signs everywhere, the "press 1 for English" BS....but wait until they try going to the hospital without health insurance, while having to wait behind 25 illegal immigrants who are also in line but shouldn't even be in this country in the first place. I haven't had to go through that but some of these liberals need to see all of that first hand. It's kind of like "out of sight, out of mind" right now.

"Oh the people in Arizona are a bunch of racists..Blah blah blah". Try living close to that border. I was there, I know it. They just want to keep this country safe and reinforce our laws. What is wrong with that?!?!

I hope they wake up sooner than later.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
I went thru hell when I was hired at my former job because I had just gotten married and my passport didn't match my married name...although I had my marriage license with my maiden name and my married name on it. I had a license with my name on it. A Military ID with my name on it. I had my birth certificate. My social security card. EVERYTHING you can possibly imagine.

In a way, I liked that because the company was very strict about not hiring illegal immigrants...though it was a bit on the crazy side.

I wish people would stop criticizing those who want to keep this country safe for once. However, most who seem to oppose it, haven't been directly affected by the increasing flow of illegal immigrants in this country. ( besides the fact that they pay taxes and it is all going to the wrong places. ) I think until it truly affects them, they are never going to wake up.

They don't mind the Spanish signs everywhere, the "press 1 for English" BS....but wait until they try going to the hospital without health insurance, while having to wait behind 25 illegal immigrants who are also in line but shouldn't even be in this country in the first place. I haven't had to go through that but some of these liberals need to see all of that first hand. It's kind of like "out of sight, out of mind" right now.

"Oh the people in Arizona are a bunch of racists..Blah blah blah". Try living close to that border. I was there, I know it. They just want to keep this country safe and reinforce our laws. What is wrong with that?!?!

I hope they wake up sooner than later.
Both the bleeding heart liberals and the ethnocentrics that have a personal stake in this are going to be the downfall of our country.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Both the bleeding heart liberals and the ethnocentrics that have a personal stake in this are going to be the downfall of our country.
True. I have woken up. I was never too interested in politics growing up. However, I have always been opposed to illegal immigration because my dad was a legal immigrant.

I moved back to Massachusetts this past summer and it was really hard to find a job...I had all qualifications but one: bilingual English / Spanish.

It's a such a slap in the face.

I applied for MassHealth ( aka Medicaid ) because I lost my benefits through work due to being on unpaid leave for a high risk pregnancy...you had the option to download the forms in English...or Spanish.

WHY WHY WHY??!?!!?!

Old 02-05-2011, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
True. I have woken up. I was never too interested in politics growing up. However, I have always been opposed to illegal immigration because my dad was a legal immigrant.

I moved back to Massachusetts this past summer and it was really hard to find a job...I had all qualifications but one: bilingual English / Spanish.

It's a such a slap in the face.

I applied for MassHealth ( aka Medicaid ) because I lost my benefits through work due to being on unpaid leave for a high risk pregnancy...you had the option to download the forms in English...or Spanish.

WHY WHY WHY??!?!!?!
Thanks for the eyeopener. I thought that those employment ads for bi-lingual English/Spanish speakers were only rampant here in the southwest. I see the pandering to illegal alien Spanish speakers has moved as far northeast as Massachusetts now. That is the same reason that one has the option of downloading forms in Spanish now.

Old 02-05-2011, 09:51 AM

Quote:
I see the pandering to illegal alien Spanish speakers has moved as far northeast as Massachusetts now. That is the same reason that one has the option of downloading forms in Spanish now.
Massachusetts is paradise for illegal immigrants! And it's been for a very long time! Look up Deval Patrick and his ideas concerning illegal immigration and healthcare for illegal immigrants ( BTW he is our governor ).

A lot of towns/cities in the state are mostly Hispanic and most people in those cities do not speak English. Aka. Lawrence, Holyoke, Springfield ( ALL Top 10 in Food Stamps Benefits ) Among others.

I remember helping a customer who came to my store ( I worked for Sprint / Nextel by the way ) who did not speak a WORD in English...but here's the kicker: She left her FOOD STAMPS CARD behind!!!

It's okay to live off taxpayer's money but it takes too much effort to learn the FRICKING LANGUAGE!!!!

So many times ( I am taking 7 out of 10 ) people would come in and the first words out of their mouth were "Speak Spanish?!"

I am not kidding. I wish I had caught that on camera.

( PS: One of my co-workers was half Mexican and he would get annoyed as hell when people refused to speak English. He said it was extremely disrespectful...and I totally agree! )

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 02-05-2011 at 10:08 AM..

Old 02-05-2011, 10:13 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,526,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nzrugby View Post
More often then the politicians who refuse to enforce
the laws and approve the needed funding to secure
the United States, and this is something THEY took
an OATH to uphold
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration