Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2008, 08:19 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chefkey View Post
Amnesty will be OK if they put a stop to further illegal immigration first. Get control of the border and stop the flow of new illegals. Then identify the illegals already here and make them legal forcing them to pay taxes like the rest of us.

We can't deport them, it would be impossible and would hurt the economy because the lower end workforce would be too reduced. This job availability gap would be much higher than our current unemployment rate.
Looking at the coming recession; I doubt it will be all that hard to find Americans to work.

Yes; some of us will be going 'boo-hoo' over actually getting our hands dirty, such is life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2008, 08:34 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
He's going after the Hispanic vote big time. He's strong with the black vote already. His civil rights comments won't hurt his support from the black voting block. They might not like what he said but it won't affect their vote. The Hispanic vote on the other hand can lock up the nomination for him. He's just reading his poll numbers and adjusting his rhetoric accordingly.
Not so fast. I, for one (Black), will not vote for Obama. It is true that Obama has huge support in the Black community. However, he most definitely does not have all. I can assure you he lost BIG TIME with his stance on illegal immigration. I don't care if he is black, green, or polka dot -- his pro-amnesty stance has, and will, lose him the support of many Blacks. There are too many in the Black community losing their jobs to cheap illegal labor. Not to mention, the ‘ethnic cleansing’ being launched in CA by the Mexican Mafia. Lest we forget -- Clarence Thomas is also Black.

Last edited by Benicar; 01-31-2008 at 08:43 PM..

Old 01-31-2008, 08:36 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,949,756 times
Its almost as if Obama is using his Blackness to get the Black vote. He isn't even full Black, he's half white.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:42 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Its almost as if Obama is using his Blackness to get the Black vote. He isn't even full Black, he's half white.
As are a multitude of others in this country. Regardless, he is still considered Black.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:42 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,877,477 times
Surprise, surprise coming from these anti-American, far-left Liberals! The illegals will vote Democrat and that's the only way they can get those votes. They are a disgrace!! Both of them!

Old 01-31-2008, 08:43 PM

4,135 posts, read 10,810,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
Both Hillary Clinton and Obama are now saying that they will see that all 12 million illegal aliens in our country will be given amnesty. Of course they are not saying in those words but instead using code words like Earned legalization.

Obama is going a step further saying that today's illegal aliens are part of a new civil rights movement. What do you think about that? Come hear illegally and you will get the same rights as someone who was brought here from Africa as a slave.

Clinton, Obama court the Hispanic vote in South Florida -- South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com

Americans for Better Immigration
Know what? Send them all back. All 12 million ( probably a lot more). It does not matter if they are hispanic or something else -- send them home. ICE snet a planeload of African nationals back recently from NY state.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:01 AM

1 posts, read 1,652 times
Well im glad to be a democrat, and i support amnesty....It's nice to look at the world and i mean really look at it not just the the color of skin in it!

Old 10-30-2008, 10:44 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,120,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dess View Post
Well im glad to be a democrat, and i support amnesty....It's nice to look at the world and i mean really look at it not just the the color of skin in it!
Guess what: yes; I am extremely prejudiced against illegal immigrants----------no matter their actual race/ethnicity.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:11 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,618,376 times
Quote:
You are, what we call, the problem. Stop bieng part of the problem and start bieng part of the solution..

Old 10-30-2008, 07:54 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,213,219 times
Quote:
Well I am libertarian and I don't support amnesty. We should never reward deliberate criminal activity. It only encourages more of the same as the past 2 amnesty's have proven.
Look at the world not the color of its skin? What part of the term illegal immigrant calls out skin color?
My wife is a legal immigrant her skin is the color of cinamon. She speaks english and will not speak her native tongue in public. Not due to shame, but because she feels that it is rude to do so. I Guess thats but 1 of the many differences between legals and illegals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration