Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 08:05 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,460,589 times

Advertisements

In English - more on the Reyes Salazars - cartel family being given asylum now in the USA.

Arrest of high-ranking boss Jose "El Rikin" Escajeda could weaken Juárez cartel, officials say - El Paso Times

Miguel Angel Reyes Salazar

Escajeda could be as high as third place in the cartel's hierarchy and reputedly works for cartel lieutenant "JL," whom the Mexico attorney general's office has identified as Jose Luis Ledesma.

Ledesma, also nicknamed "El Dos Letras" and "La Bestia" (the beast), and reputed cartel kingpin Vicente Carrillo Fuentes remain at large.

Escajeda had been under fire since the war began between La Linea and the "Gente Nueva," the new people allied with the Sinaloa cartel, erupted in January 2008.

Escajeda has been the focus of threatening, often-vulgarity filled Internet videos possibly made by rivals.

On Friday, Escajeda and three other men were captured by a Mexican army patrol checking reports of armed men riding in bulletproof vehicles in Nuevo Casas Grandes, military officials said.

What a joke. We are now giving refuge to the relatives of the very worst criminals that exist. Families of the cartel hitmen are being given asylum. That's how very easy it all it.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:17 PM

3,857 posts, read 6,934,195 times
I don't get it. A law enforcement official may be seeking asylum and you post 3 in row about relatives of criminals asking for asylum.

Old 03-04-2011, 08:23 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,460,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
I don't get it. A law enforcement official may be seeking asylum and you post 3 in row about relatives of criminals asking for asylum.
Showing how easy and ridiculous the asylum has become. 33 members of a cartel family are handed their asylum and of course all the money that goes with it, and woman who never challenged the cartel in her town, made it clear she would do nothing about the cartel - "can't we all get along?" and now she's being given her asylum and of course all the money that goes with it.

Meanwhile the cities in the southern part of Mexico are perfectly fine. Exactly why don't these people simply move to one of them?

Old 03-04-2011, 08:23 PM

50,069 posts, read 46,625,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Siete View Post
I don't get it, who are you responding to?

Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 PM

13,691 posts, read 18,364,647 times
There is no reason to offer asylum to criminals. EVER!

Old 03-04-2011, 08:34 PM

2,196 posts, read 1,988,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
Yes they finally ran her out of her OWN COUNTRY and away from HER JOB!

She's in the USA now - I heard she got ASYLUM! So you know what THAT means.

Not that she's going to be safer here because the cartels have long arms.

I wish her well.

There's a vacancy in Ciudad Juarez for a Police Chief, some potential illegals need to volunteer for the position, because at the first sign of being threatened they get automatic ASYLUM in the USA!

I'd go for that!
LuckyGem !!! ... On The Money !

Indeed ... The saddest factor regarding this entire idiotic matter is the very real possibility that it may well be far worse that you have described
above ^ ...

The 'Illegal Alien Nightmare" on the Southern Border is an absolute disaster for the good people in the States ! The vast majority of American's appear to acknowledge this horrendous fact ! ... And yet the Wash. "Career Politician" muppets,who work for these great folks continue to do little or nothing to resolve this utter disaster !!!

How utterly shameful and unbelievable this situation has become !

Cheerio / Old Sgt. Lamar

Old 03-04-2011, 08:52 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,029,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
That was probably her plan from the beginning. No info on whether she and her relatives entered legally.

Report: Female police chief, 20, flees Mexico - World news - Americas - Focus on Mexico - msnbc.com
Desapareció jefa de policía en Chihuahua - Univision Noticias

She is returning to work on Monday.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:08 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,440,710 times
Quote:
A blog?

Oh please, spare me the self-righteous indignation. How is posting an article regarding a Mexican asylum-seeker inciting violence and hatred? You defend miscreants, and you have the gall to take the moral high ground. Give me a break.

Sorry, but she knew the risks when she accepted the job.
It's CNN.

There's nothing self-righteous about anything I posted; you're much too quick to misinterpret and misread things - or ignore them.

I see you really think she's "a Mexican asylum-seeker." Then your concern would be that she "may" have entered this country illegally. Do you know if she has a visa or a passport? No, of course you don't. So the only thing left is that she is a Mexican - which is your real problem with her.

Quote:
No, we are NOT on the same page. We still do not know whether she entered this country legally, do we?
No, "we" do not. How brilliant to concern yourself with how a famous, law-abiding Mexican citizen came into this country. Good thing we have people like you watching our borders for those criminals. We're safe now

Old 03-04-2011, 09:15 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,440,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
She's in the USA now - I heard she got ASYLUM! So you know what THAT means. ...
There's a vacancy in Ciudad Juarez for a Police Chief, some potential illegals need to volunteer for the position, because at the first sign of being threatened they get automatic ASYLUM in the USA!

I'd go for that!
First sign of being threatened. You haven't the slightest idea what you're talking about.

Old 03-04-2011, 09:15 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,029,649 times
Quote:
I’m not sure why you are belaboring the issue of illegal entry versus visa overstay. They are BOTH violating our laws, ergo, ILLEGAL ALIENS. Again, the MAJORITY of Mexicans living in this country are here ILLEGALLY. That is ALL that matters.
I have no problem understanding that both; those that cross the border illegally and those that overstay their visa, are in fact breaking the law.

However, you do have a problem comprehending that there are thousands of Mexicans coming to our country on a daily basis. That majority do so legally.

Your posts prove to me that you do have a problem with Mexicans, irregardless of their legal status. Thanks for the debate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration