Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-04-2011, 01:47 PM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times

Advertisements

Her initial immigration status is irrelevant. If the US has granted asylum then she is here legally.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:50 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggy001 View Post
Her initial immigration status is irrelevant. If the US has granted asylum then she is here legally.
Oh, but it IS relevant. If she entered illegally, she should not have received asylum. Particularly, given millions of others worldwide who would love to seek asylum in the U.S., but don’t have the convenience of simply crossing our border.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:51 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Do you have a link? I searched, but couldn’t find anything to verify her initial immigration status.
Quote:
She "went to the United States along with two relatives and will seek asylum," the relative said, speaking on condition of anonymity.
Andres Morales, a spokesman for Praxedis G. Guerrero, said Valles Garcia was expected back at work on Monday after taking some time off to deal with family matters.
"Right now, these are rumors," he said of the asylum report, according to the El Paso Times.
But he acknowledged that Valles Garcia had gone to the United States, saying it was to seek medical treatment for her infant son, who has a lung ailment.
From your own link. It states that she came here to seek medical attention for her son. No where does it say she crossed the border illegally. Therefore, we have no reason to think that she is an illegal. Many, many, many people who live at the border have permits to cross the border LEGALLY for personal business and work. My family does as well. If she is going to seek asylum and she is already here...it does not mean she entered illegally. She could even stop at the border and seek for it there or she could enter, stay here legally and do so from within. Now please show me where you found the link that she crossed the border illegally since you feel it pertains to illegal immigration. Thank you.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:52 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Actually it's still only a rumour that she has sought asylum. Supposedly she is on a few days leave while she and her husband bring their baby son to the USA to seek medical treatment for a lung ailment. But I have to ask, does Mexico not have hospitals?

Old 03-04-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Actually it's still only a rumour that she has sought asylum. Supposedly she is on a few days leave while she and her husband bring their baby son to the USA to seek medical treatment for a lung ailment. But I have to ask, does Mexico not have hospitals?
Of course it does. This is obviously an excuse. The point is, no where does it say she crossed the border illegally.

Old 03-04-2011, 01:56 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
Of course it does. This is obviously an excuse. The point is, no where does it say she crossed the border illegally.
and as we all know, pro illegals never introduce slightly off topic subjects into the threads on this forum either

Old 03-04-2011, 01:59 PM

Quote:
and as we all know, pro illegals never introduce slightly off topic subjects into the threads on this forum either
Would you care to share what this has to do with the OP?

Old 03-04-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
From your own link. It states that she came here to seek medical attention for her son. No where does it say she crossed the border illegally. Therefore, we have no reason to think that she is an illegal. Many, many, many people who live at the border have permits to cross the border LEGALLY for personal business and work. My family does as well. If she is going to seek asylum and she is already here...it does not mean she entered illegally. She could even stop at the border and seek for it there or she could enter, stay here legally and do so from within. Now please show me where you found the link that she crossed the border illegally since you feel it pertains to illegal immigration. Thank you.
Perhaps you missed by initial post, in which I CLEARLY state I could not ascertain her immigration status. In any case, unless you have evidence of her “legal” entry into this country, it is only your “opinion” that she entered with permission.

If this thread should be posted in another forum, I am sure it will be moved. If it’s moved, so be it.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Apparently, they don’t. Otherwise, I am sure she would have remained in Mexico.

Old 03-04-2011, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Perhaps you missed by initial post, in which I CLEARLY state I could not ascertain her immigration status. In any case, unless you have evidence of her “legal” entry into this country, it is only your “opinion” that she entered with permission.

If this thread should be posted in another forum, I am sure it will be moved. If it’s moved, so be it.
No, actually, in order for it to be considered part of this forum the post should show that it is "illegal immigration issue". So far, it is just an assumption. An assumption that is in line with all the rest in this forum...that All Mexicans ENTER ILLEGALLY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration