Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 11:21 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
No reason?...How 'bout freaking common sense! To actually believe that EVERYONE is associated with the cartels is _________. Im not going to fill in the blank. I'll leave that to the forum readers.

Correct and genius are definitely not options.
Guess what - all she had to do is step down from the job and it would have made no difference to anyone. She made it very clear from the start that she was never going to take the criminals on. And she never did. At best they would have lost nothing more than a social worker but it's doubtful she didn't make any effort in that either.

Another option, pack her bags and run to Mexico City, or Puebla, or Oaxaca. As we all know, there is very little crime in those cities.

And yes I most definitely believe that in that Valley of Juarez, no one is promoted to anything if they don't have the proper connections. Why else would some cowardly young 20 year old single mother be given the job of police chief? You don't get to be dog catcher without the right connections in that part of the cartel controlled border.

That whole region is corrupt, that's the whole problem.

Old 03-05-2011, 11:45 AM

24 posts, read 26,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
You do have to wonder don't you? Why would a 20 year old female college student with a baby son take on that job in the first place?
She's 20 and only has one baby? And in college too??? My heart bleeds with envy. The ones by me have 4 kids by this age and have dropped out of high school!

Old 03-05-2011, 01:17 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
I never twisted your words. I responded to your comments for what they were. If you were concerned "solely" with those that are illegal, why post a thread about an asylum seeker? Someone who is coming here legally. Why make assumptions that she is crossing the border illegally? You have made it clear in another post.

I don't care that you posted an article on a Mexican national. This whole forum is on Mexican nationals. You don't see me posting on every single thread. Did you expect people to not debate against this article simply because the majority of illegal residents in the US are Mexican? Is that truly a reason to demonize an entire ethnic group?

I have no problem with the threads as long as people don't demonize ANY group. It just so happens that Mexicans are the topic on every thread in this forum. If you were really nonjudgmental and only concerned with illegal immigrants, you would be careful not to make stereotypes and generalizations of ANY group. Particularly when the article said nothing about illegal immigration or entering the country illegally.

malamute's article did NOT mention anything about the lady not going through the legal channels. That is HIS opinion.

Did you really think about that statement? I don't go after every thread you make. This one clearly is not an illegal immigration issue. Regarding Obama's aunt, I do remember posting I was in favor of her staying unless it was during the period I was absent from the forum, traveling. I don't know what you mean by she's black? My closest friends who are in the country illegally are actually from Africa and Brazil.
You have not one shred of evidence to prove her immigration status. Yet, you assume she is here legally, and that your opinion is more credible than mine. Why? Furthermore, why shouldn’t I have posted this article? After all, it IS an update of a prior thread. Funny, there were no accusations of demonization, and apparently, it is considered “relevant” because it wasn’t moved or closed. There was also no whining when it was posted. In fact, a member who felt the need to castigate me for posting this thread, participated in the discussion, and voiced no objection whatsoever. Hmmm. . .

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...ef-police.html

Well what do we have here? No, these couldn’t be other asylum threads posted on this forum, could they?

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...vancouver.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...ar-asylum.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...g-already.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...erate-u-s.html

//www.city-data.com/forum/illeg...co-border.html

Please quote even one of my posts in which I have demonized an entire ethnic group. Go ahead and search, you won’t find one. I have no control over the fact that the majority of illegal aliens are Mexican, or that the majority of Mexicans living in this country are here illegally. Like it or not, that is reality, and this is the Illegal Immigration Forum. Seriously, what group would you expect to dominate discussion?

If I truly wished to demonize, I could fill page 1 of this forum on a daily basis with horrendous stories involving Mexican illegal aliens. I could also keep the Illegal Alien Crime Thread alive with daily postings of the numerous incidents of rape involving infants, children, and elderly women. In fact, I read a despicable article last week in which an illegal raped his roommate’s Chihuahua. Talk about vile! But, you consider THIS demonization? Please.

By your own admission, your “closest friends” are in this country illegally. Not that I’m surprised. After all, the most vociferous supporters of illegal aliens are either illegal, employ them, or have illegal relatives or friends. However, given the circumstances, do you actually believe you can relate to this issue objectively? I think not.

You and others may try to make this an issue of race, ethnicity, demonization, or whatever the flavor of the week may be; but, in the final analysis, they are here in violation of our laws, and have no right to expect or demand ANYTHING, including respect.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Glad she's here. Beautiful young woman and a college student. Can't blame here for fleeing from the savages. Hopefully she can replace someone who voted for Bush.
You weren’t referring to me, were you? If so, sorry, but I have yet to vote for a Republican in a presidential election. But, there’s always a first time.

You are calling Mexicans savages? Oh my.

Old 03-05-2011, 01:37 PM

9,598 posts, read 16,560,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Oh, but it IS relevant. If she entered illegally, she should not have received asylum. Particularly, given millions of others worldwide who would love to seek asylum in the U.S., but don’t have the convenience of simply crossing our border.
Do you feel this way about Cubans also?

Old 03-05-2011, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You weren’t referring to me, were you? If so, sorry, but I have yet to vote for a Republican in a presidential election. But, there’s always a first time.

You are calling Mexicans savages? Oh my.
Yes, what irony. Now it's the pro-illegals/open borders types calling the people of Mexico "savages". That's pretty low.

The reality is that much of Mexico is plenty safe. Even where it's not, it's the criminals that are warring and so have to fear. The rest of the people can be good and hard working and aren't getting caught up in cartel wars.

There is no good reason at all for most of these asylum seekers to be leaving Mexico. When Americans left some inner cities, Americans didn't make that an excuse to be given asylum in some other country, Americans just moved to safer towns or neighborhoods.

Asylum comes with very nice perks, cash handouts from our government, all expenses paid, food stamps, free health care - the whole smear. They never have to make an effort to learn English or anything else.

This young mother never put herself in harm's way, never went out arresting the bad guys, never stopped any killings. Far braver and better men and women are actually risking their lives - in her country and in ours to stop crime. She made sure she would have nothing to fear by making sure the criminals knew she wasn't going after them.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
For one thing this asylum crap from Mexicans is not about political asylum at all. Mexico has a democracy, elections, and a government that we support.

These asylum seekers fear street violence - well we have plenty of street violence here in the USA and they fear their own cartel because they were involved in cartel activities.

It's all nothing but a hoax, our very own government is giving their very own government billions of dollars to fight the cartels - so it makes no sense at all for these people who claim they fear their government because it's shutting their cartel down to come running here.

The Reyes Salazar case is an excellent example of that. They were very much involved, Miguel Angel Reyes Salazar was involved with Escajeda (aka El Rikin) - remember the LeBaron executions? They claim to be activists, claiming their government is behind some of their cartel relatives being killed. They claim the USA is helping their government attack it's citizens. So where do all 33 of them decide to run? To the USA. The same country they blame for the drug war that's harmed their cartel.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:55 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,837,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
For one thing this asylum crap from Mexicans is not about political asylum at all. Mexico has a democracy, elections, and a government that we support.

These asylum seekers fear street violence - well we have plenty of street violence here in the USA and they fear their own cartel because they were involved in cartel activities.

It's all nothing but a hoax, our very own government is giving their very own government billions of dollars to fight the cartels - so it makes no sense at all for these people who claim they fear their government because it's shutting their cartel down to come running here.

The Reyes Salazar case is an excellent example of that. They were very much involved, Miguel Angel Reyes Salazar was involved with Escajeda (aka El Rikin) - remember the LeBaron executions? They claim to be activists, claiming their government is behind some of their cartel relatives being killed. They claim the USA is helping their government attack it's citizens. So where do all 33 of them decide to run? To the USA. The same country they blame for the drug war that's harmed their cartel.
It is interesting that though the Reyes family was offered asylum in other countries, notably Spain and Venezuela, they instead chose to simply cross the border and accept asylum in the USA. Do they really expect us to believe that they will be "safe" from the cartels they fear by moving to the USA?

I'm guessing that a. the other countries don't offer asylees near the same benefits as the USA does and b. they actually still want to be close to their homeland.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Indeed I do. For several years, I worked for a DOJ contractor for the Cuban Entrant Program. Taxpayers spent millions annually providing services for the miscreants and mentally ill Castro dumped on our shores. And, the BS wet foot/dry foot policy should have ended years ago.

I believe in granting asylum or refuge for those in imminent danger, such as the Haitians following the devastating earthquake. Our country has been more than generous, but we can’t rescue the world. If that makes me callous, so be it.

Old 03-05-2011, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
It is interesting that though the Reyes family was offered asylum in other countries, notably Spain and Venuzeela, they insted chose to simply cross the border for asylum in the USA. Do they really expect us to believe that they will be "safe" from the cartels they fear by moving to the USA?

I'm guessing that a. the other countries don't offer asylees near the same benefits as the USA does and b. they actually still want to be close to their homeland.
I vote for A.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration