Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2007, 01:46 PM
JD. JD. started this thread

199 posts, read 489,021 times

Advertisements

Mexico is boo-hooing about their water, insects, and pollen not being able to cross the border freely if a fence is built. Wish they cared half as much about cracking down on the ridiculous amount of illegal drugs being exported out of their country.

(ATTN: Kele...this is where the environmentalists are!)

MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexico called on the United States to alter a plan to expand border fences designed to stem illegal immigration, saying the barriers would threaten migratory species accustomed to roaming freely across the frontier.

LINK: Mexico seeks changes in border plan - USATODAY.com
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seriously guys, stop talking about the border fence. The Sonoran Pronghorn is hanging in the balance...

Last edited by Administrator; 12-03-2007 at 02:56 AM.. Reason: [cut - too much of the article reposted]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2007, 02:03 PM

3,860 posts, read 8,471,333 times
This is ludacris! They are really grasping for straws.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:05 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,494,434 times
The more I read this, the funnier it gets.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:07 PM

764 posts, read 1,460,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JD. View Post

(snip)

Seriously guys, stop talking about the border fence. The Sonoran Pronghorn is hanging in the balance...
I’m a tree-hugger and will, at every opportunity, do what I can along with others to actively protect the environment and conserve resources. The border has to be sealed, that’s of vital importance to the future of America and ALL her citizens (even if millions aren’t yet able to see the forest for the trees), but if it can be done while also providing protection for the environment and other life forms that live on Earth, then it should be done.

If you’re a staunch supporter of limiting immigration, then you should also be a staunch supporter of our environment and resources. You won’t like what is left after overpopulation begins to dramatically affect ALL our lives.

And if ANYONE cares about what the UN has to say about it, then THOSE are the people we should all take issue with. That’ll be the day when we allow anyone NOT an American to influence what we do with our self-sovereignty.

Old 07-31-2007, 02:58 PM

786 posts, read 4,742,800 times
They will use environmental reviews and feedback from the local community groups as a way to slow progress on the fence as long as possible.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
They will use environmental reviews and feedback from the local community groups as a way to slow progress on the fence as long as possible.
The only way to speed up the process is activism. What a mess. There must be organized groups "out there" that have formed up and that have one-click letter-writing capabilities at their websites to deluge representatives at all levels with citizen opinions. Know of any?

Old 07-31-2007, 03:13 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,494,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happyappy View Post
I’m a tree-hugger and will, at every opportunity, do what I can along with others to actively protect the environment and conserve resources. The border has to be sealed, that’s of vital importance to the future of America and ALL her citizens (even if millions aren’t yet able to see the forest for the trees), but if it can be done while also providing protection for the environment and other life forms that live on Earth, then it should be done.

If you’re a staunch supporter of limiting immigration, then you should also be a staunch supporter of our environment and resources. You won’t like what is left after overpopulation begins to dramatically affect ALL our lives.

And if ANYONE cares about what the UN has to say about it, then THOSE are the people we should all take issue with. That’ll be the day when we allow anyone NOT an American to influence what we do with our self-sovereignty.
I am led to suspect that the Mexican government is far more interested in keeping the US border open to provide easy access for the millions of unskilled poor people they are so fond of encouraging to violate US immigration law and settle in El Norte.
This would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic. Mexico City has had some of the worst air pollution on the planet for decades, the 'New River' which originates in Mexico is the most polluted river in the US and is destroying the Salton Sea (http://www.sci.sdsu.edu/salton/NewRi...oison.html)and the border crashing illegals have left over 25 million lbs. of garbage strewn all over the place. Now let me guess, someone is going to point out that we have failed to provide trash cans for them.........

And the Mexican gov. is talking to us about pollen??

Old 07-31-2007, 03:14 PM

13,813 posts, read 28,592,040 times
bs...there are LEGAL ways for these species to enter this country! I've got absolutley no problem with any migratory species entering the US so long as they do so legally...and pay taxes like our species do!

Old 07-31-2007, 03:41 PM
JD. JD. started this thread

199 posts, read 489,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
bs...there are LEGAL ways for these species to enter this country! I've got absolutley no problem with any migratory species entering the US so long as they do so legally...and pay taxes like our species do!
Ha! That one cracked me up.

Old 07-31-2007, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
I am led to suspect that the Mexican government is far more interested in keeping the US border open to provide easy access for the millions of unskilled poor people they are so fond of encouraging to violate US immigration law and settle in El Norte.
I agree. The more poor they chase out of the country, the better off the remainder will be. And the more of them are in America and the higher the birth rate, the easier it will be to create Canamexico. I wonder if the-pie-sliced-into-fewer-pieces-makes-for-bigger-pieces concept will ever catch on in America. Nah. Better to keep bringing in more people to cut more pieces out of the pie.

Quote:
This would be hilarious if it weren't so pathetic. Mexico City has had some of the worst air pollution on the planet for decades, the 'New River' which originates in Mexico is the most polluted river in the US and is destroying the Salton Sea (http://www.sci.sdsu.edu/salton/NewRi...oison.html)and
Hasn’t Mexico City been rated the most polluted city on Planet Earth many times? My recollection might be incorrect, but I do recall something along those lines. “Mexico’s Environment Department”—indeed! If only I had the talents of a cartoonist; I have some ideas of how to show what a joke that department must be.

Quote:
. . . the border crashing illegals have left over 25 million lbs. of garbage strewn all over the place. Now let me guess, someone is going to point out that we have failed to provide trash cans for them.........
If the so-called government of Mexico is genuinely concerned with the degradation of the environment, then said government should be supplying trash cans. But then they’d have to admit complicity in the exodus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration