Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:08 AM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

I keep reading responses to articles based on deporting criminals. Many of these people brought their kids with them. Some of the argument is that we shouldn't deport the child because our Country is the only Country they know.

If the child is over a certain age that same argument could be used to expedite the process of deportation. If it is cruel to the child to be forced to go home is it not just as "cruel" when the kid gets dragged out of the only Country they know to come to ours?

The next is that the child won't be able to communicate with anyone in the home Country. Also a myth. How does the Parent communicate with the child if the Parent doesn't speak English or very little? Sign language?

I mean really, some of these arguments just don't hold water.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2011, 10:28 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,678,035 times
I moved to Brazil with my dad's parents as a child and did not speak the native language at the time. I didn't speak English again until I was 16 and even then had a horrible time communicating because I was just a toddler when I left. So basically Brazil was all I had known up until then. But I moved back to the US on my own almost 10 years ago ( I have family here but we aren't that close ).

It is all BS. That is one of the excuses I will never buy. I started from scratch, and I did it all on my own... With nobody's help.

Once again, the sob stories. There is no reason why they should be here in the first place but as soon as they get people to feel sorry for them and buy their BS, it's all over.

These people do not have my sympathy at all.

Blame it on the parents for putting their children to such think.

We shouldn't have to pay for other people's mistakes. The parents WILLINGLY left their country of origin to come to the United States. They need to be held accountable. Not the taypayers...not the American people.

Last edited by KickAssArmyChick; 04-14-2011 at 11:04 AM..

Old 04-14-2011, 10:33 AM

3,727 posts, read 6,223,207 times
The arguement of cruelty to children ignores the basic nature of children. Because of their youth, children actually adapt to new homes and environments better than do adults, and adjust in a shorter time than do their parents. For an example of this, examine military families. In families in which a parent is career military, frequent moves are the norm. A child born and raised in such a family will have moved several times, attended several different schools, and will have called several different nations home before reaching adulthood. Most of them say that it was a wonderful experience, with only a few rough spots along the way.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:21 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,835,362 times
There is no myth to deportation or deporting children. They both happen...therefore neither is a myth.

What one supposes happens to deported children is just that supposition. Since no one tracks these kids after deportation[or would even care to] no one can say authoratiatively what actually happens.

Since these kids are human, all will react to their deportation differently per their personality, family, living conditions...to name a few.

Im sure Ive dug to deep for this thread...Im sure that it was started to really discuss child deportations...

Old 04-14-2011, 12:42 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
There is no myth to deportation or deporting children. They both happen...therefore neither is a myth.

What one supposes happens to deported children is just that supposition. Since no one tracks these kids after deportation[or would even care to] no one can say authoratiatively what actually happens.

Since these kids are human, all will react to their deportation differently per their personality, family, living conditions...to name a few.

Im sure Ive dug to deep for this thread...Im sure that it was started to really discuss child deportations...
Would you mind quoting the post that denies the existence of deportations? I completely missed it. Thanks in advance.

Old 04-14-2011, 01:24 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,442,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackShoe View Post
The arguement of cruelty to children ignores the basic nature of children. Because of their youth, children actually adapt to new homes and environments better than do adults, and adjust in a shorter time than do their parents. For an example of this, examine military families. In families in which a parent is career military, frequent moves are the norm. A child born and raised in such a family will have moved several times, attended several different schools, and will have called several different nations home before reaching adulthood. Most of them say that it was a wonderful experience, with only a few rough spots along the way.

I agree with most of what you have said here. However i have known childen who have moved around and around, never living in one place for a certain length of time. I would have to say, it depends on the child, some children do not adept good at constanly moving, they would really love a place to call home, is what i have been told.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:09 PM

50,290 posts, read 47,032,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

Why would any Country waste time "tracking" someone that was returned home? That's absurd and sounds like a perfect Govt job. If you leave your house and unlawfully enter mine I really don't care what happens to you after you are removed and sent back to your own home.

Old 04-14-2011, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
I keep reading responses to articles based on deporting criminals. Many of these people brought their kids with them. Some of the argument is that we shouldn't deport the child because our Country is the only Country they know.

If the child is over a certain age that same argument could be used to expedite the process of deportation. If it is cruel to the child to be forced to go home is it not just as "cruel" when the kid gets dragged out of the only Country they know to come to ours?

The next is that the child won't be able to communicate with anyone in the home Country. Also a myth. How does the Parent communicate with the child if the Parent doesn't speak English or very little? Sign language?

I mean really, some of these arguments just don't hold water.
None of them hold water. I always find it interesting that their children are not traumatized when they are brought to this country at various stages of life. Yet, it is always a life-shattering experience if they are forced to return home.

Likewise, illegal aliens routinely abandon spouses and children to come here, and it is never considered a “separation” of families. In addition, they often find new mates while here, and have additional children. Yet, the mere notion of sending them back to their countries of origin is inhumane.

Old 04-14-2011, 03:33 PM

6,612 posts, read 12,840,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
None of them hold water. I always find it interesting that their children are not traumatized when they are brought to this country at various stages of life. Yet, it is always a life-shattering experience if they are forced to return home.

Likewise, illegal aliens routinely abandon spouses and children to come here, and it is never considered a “separation” of families. In addition, they often find new mates while here, and have additional children. Yet, the mere notion of sending them back to their countries of origin is inhumane.
Parents who are here illegally then deported ALSO routinely abandon their children who remain in this country upon the parents' departure.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opyelie View Post
Parents who are here illegally then deported ALSO routinely abandon their children who remain in this country upon the parents' departure.
Of course they do. Elvira Arellano comes to mind. After all, for some, their U.S.-born children have no value outside this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration