Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 07:08 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,577,209 times

Advertisements

I wonder what she considers “significant” criminal record. And, when did illegal aliens become “immigrant New Yorkers?”

Quote:
"It is in no one's interest to put the public at risk," Ms. Quinn and several other officials wrote. "At the same time, the deportation of immigrant New Yorkers who do not pose a public safety risk and do not have significant criminal records seems senseless, destroys families, ruins lives and is often simply cruel."
Quinn, Feds Clash on Inmate Records - WSJ.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2011, 07:18 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,330,892 times
So I guess it isn't deemed "cruel" for these illegals to rape our tax coffers, steal jobs and identities from Americans?

Old 04-23-2011, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
So I guess it isn't deemed "cruel" for these illegals to rape our tax coffers, steal jobs and identities from Americans?
It is never cruelty when citizens are being victimized by illegals. We are considered collateral damage.

Old 04-23-2011, 08:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,758,067 times
Destroys families? What about their families when they left them to come here illegally? They sure didn't give a damn about their families then.

Many illegals have children they left behind in their own countries, children they never care if they see again. Deporting illegals can reunite families.

Old 04-26-2011, 10:01 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,309,672 times
Poor NYC, my favorite city.

Old 04-27-2011, 04:14 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,718 times
I saw Mayor Bloomberg on Sunday News show saying... "we want immigrants"...

I wonder why a mayor of one of America's greatest citys..."just doesn't get it?"...

I wonder why the people of NYC would vote such a person into office? Why isnt he out there fighting against this illegal invasion? Why is he inviting this invasion to NYC? Why arent the people of NYC running him out of town on a rail? Why arent the people of NYC e-mailing, faxing, and blogging this guy out of office?

Old 04-27-2011, 07:32 AM

9,949 posts, read 8,861,588 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I saw Mayor Bloomberg on Sunday News show saying... "we want immigrants"...

I wonder why a mayor of one of America's greatest citys..."just doesn't get it?"...

I wonder why the people of NYC would vote such a person into office? Why isnt he out there fighting against this illegal invasion? Why is he inviting this invasion to NYC? Why arent the people of NYC running him out of town on a rail? Why arent the people of NYC e-mailing, faxing, and blogging this guy out of office?
immigrants /= illegal immigrant

Old 04-27-2011, 01:28 PM

3,854 posts, read 4,839,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backspace View Post
immigrants /= illegal immigrant
I dont have a problem saying illegal immigrants...Bloomberg does.

Old 04-27-2011, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I dont have a problem saying illegal immigrants...Bloomberg does.
Has Bloomberg confided in you that when he says “immigrants” he actually means “illegal aliens?” Or, is this just more wishful thinking/supposition?

Or, have you finally admitted that “immigrants” is just a euphemism favored by pro-illegals who are too disingenuous to call a spade a spade?

Old 04-27-2011, 02:04 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,330,892 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what is going on View Post
As long as illegals get work and are not prosecuted they will keep on coming. As long as the children of illegals born here get citizenship they will keep on coming. As long as the phony document business is in business they will keep on coming. As long as the politicians who look the other way are re-elected they will keep on coming.In Mexico,Poland,etc.etc. I cannot get a job without proper documentation. We can stop them without fences by not allowing them to work PERIOD. Wake up America there is a simple solution. If an employer is found to have hired an illegal, first time offense Hefty fine second time JAIL TIME. Take away the profit motive from both sides problem solved
Of course we need to remove all the magnets that keep them here and more from coming but it will take the cooperation of the president and congress to make it happen and that is the big problem right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration