U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Do you support the Dream Act
I support the Dream Act 7 12.28%
I do not support the Dream Act 8 14.04%
Children of Illegal Aliens should be deported with their parents 42 73.68%
Voters: 57. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-03-2007, 03:50 PM
 
Location: VA
786 posts, read 4,542,204 times
Reputation: 1154

Advertisements

What should be done about the Children of Illegal Aliens? That is a difficult question for Congress. In some cases, kids who have lived in America most of their lives are being deported in immigration sweeps. Many are top students in school and completely American in almost every way.

Critics of the Dream Act say that it will encourage parents to bring their kids to America as illegal aliens so they can get the American dream illegally. What do you think?

Here is more information about the Dream Act:

DREAM Act - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-03-2007, 04:50 PM
 
Location: The best country in the world: the USA
1,499 posts, read 4,634,217 times
Reputation: 735
The DREAM Act, a product of Liberals McCain and Ted Kennedy also grants illegal alien kids (NOT born in the USA) full scholarships and in-state tuition!!

It is an outrage! Did you know they tried to include the DREAM Act into the 2007 Bush-Kennedy amnesty, to make sure future illegal aliens who enter can also stay legally??

That goes to show you they KNEW their scam before they started it!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2007, 05:58 PM
 
2,434 posts, read 6,364,454 times
Reputation: 1061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirvana-Guy View Post
The DREAM Act, a product of Liberals McCain and Ted Kennedy also grants illegal alien kids (NOT born in the USA) full scholarships and in-state tuition!!

It is an outrage! Did you know they tried to include the DREAM Act into the 2007 Bush-Kennedy amnesty, to make sure future illegal aliens who enter can also stay legally??

That goes to show you they KNEW their scam before they started it!
Excellent points, we have to be very careful. I think over the next few years Congress is going to try and give amnesty on a piecemeal basis. They will attach legislation to some spending bill or something, and the next thing you know we will have another one hundred million people here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2007, 07:51 PM
 
16 posts, read 12,803 times
Reputation: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dingler View Post
In some cases, kids who have lived in America most of their lives are being deported in immigration sweeps. Many are top students in school and completely American in almost every way.
How can they be top students if they are the children of CRIMINAL parents? I bet they all cheated on their tests! Remember, modern science tells us that people are by nature lawbreakers or law abiders. A wolf can wear sheep's clothing... but he's still a wolf.

They should be deported along with their parents, because they committed the CRIME of being born to CRIMINALS; even if this destroys their future. In fact, they ought to be sent off to forced-labor camps in Alaska before being deported, so they’ll pay their dues for the “education” they got in AMERICAN schools; which, I might add, was paid for with the taxes of all the decent, law-abiding Americans who were forced to hire their parents and to purchase their cheaper, illegal immigrant labor-derived products and services. Oh, and then, instead of being sent back to their homeland all comfy on a bus, they should be made to cross the desert on their way back, barefooted and without water or sombreros, and with a group of Minutemen herding them back and making sure they don’t try to escape.

What do you guys think?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-03-2007, 08:01 PM
NCN
 
Location: NC/SC Border Patrol
21,148 posts, read 23,826,675 times
Reputation: 23393
Children born in America are Americans. This situation will continue to get worse until the border is secured. Secure the border first, then arrest all of those who are here illegally and give them the choice to go to prison or go home. Most of the ones who are legal were illegal in the first place. No more amnesty for anybody. Securing the border will slow down the flow of drugs. Do you ever wonder how many of our elected officials are in the drug business. I hope none, but I have wondered.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2007, 12:51 AM
 
2,434 posts, read 6,364,454 times
Reputation: 1061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtiberian View Post
How can they be top students if they are the children of CRIMINAL parents? I bet they all cheated on their tests! Remember, modern science tells us that people are by nature lawbreakers or law abiders. A wolf can wear sheep's clothing... but he's still a wolf.

They should be deported along with their parents, because they committed the CRIME of being born to CRIMINALS; even if this destroys their future. In fact, they ought to be sent off to forced-labor camps in Alaska before being deported, so they’ll pay their dues for the “education” they got in AMERICAN schools; which, I might add, was paid for with the taxes of all the decent, law-abiding Americans who were forced to hire their parents and to purchase their cheaper, illegal immigrant labor-derived products and services. Oh, and then, instead of being sent back to their homeland all comfy on a bus, they should be made to cross the desert on their way back, barefooted and without water or sombreros, and with a group of Minutemen herding them back and making sure they don’t try to escape.

What do you guys think?
Good post, although I wouldn't intern them in Alaska. It would be too expensive to send them up there and they would ruin the state.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2007, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Bike to Surf!
3,080 posts, read 10,555,550 times
Reputation: 3007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtiberian View Post
How can they be top students if they are the children of CRIMINAL parents? I bet they all cheated on their tests! Remember, modern science tells us that people are by nature lawbreakers or law abiders. A wolf can wear sheep's clothing... but he's still a wolf.

They should be deported along with their parents, because they committed the CRIME of being born to CRIMINALS; even if this destroys their future. In fact, they ought to be sent off to forced-labor camps in Alaska before being deported, so they’ll pay their dues for the “education” they got in AMERICAN schools; which, I might add, was paid for with the taxes of all the decent, law-abiding Americans who were forced to hire their parents and to purchase their cheaper, illegal immigrant labor-derived products and services. Oh, and then, instead of being sent back to their homeland all comfy on a bus, they should be made to cross the desert on their way back, barefooted and without water or sombreros, and with a group of Minutemen herding them back and making sure they don’t try to escape.

What do you guys think?
I think this is a cleverly baited little hook for the nativists and racists. Judging by your other comments on immigration, I'd guess this post was written ironically. However, considering some of the types of people on here, you never know...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2007, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Texas- moving back to New England!
562 posts, read 579,241 times
Reputation: 132
There is NO reason go grant citizenship to babies born in the USA of NON-citizens. To be a citizen of this country, you should either be born of parents who are citizens themselves, or grow up in your native country and apply to immigrate here legally and become a citizen right afterwards. There should be a time limit on 1) learning to speak ENGLISH, and 2) getting your citizenship.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-04-2007, 02:52 PM
 
2,434 posts, read 6,364,454 times
Reputation: 1061
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrey View Post
There is NO reason go grant citizenship to babies born in the USA of NON-citizens. To be a citizen of this country, you should either be born of parents who are citizens themselves, or grow up in your native country and apply to immigrate here legally and become a citizen right afterwards. There should be a time limit on 1) learning to speak ENGLISH, and 2) getting your citizenship.

Agreed, and with the new Bush appointments the conservative SCOTUS may be just a ruling away from reinterpreting the 14TH amendment to say just that.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-11-2007, 03:47 AM
 
2 posts, read 5,692 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celtiberian View Post
How can they be top students if they are the children of CRIMINAL parents? I bet they all cheated on their tests! Remember, modern science tells us that people are by nature lawbreakers or law abiders. A wolf can wear sheep's clothing... but he's still a wolf.

They should be deported along with their parents, because they committed the CRIME of being born to CRIMINALS; even if this destroys their future. In fact, they ought to be sent off to forced-labor camps in Alaska before being deported, so they’ll pay their dues for the “education” they got in AMERICAN schools; which, I might add, was paid for with the taxes of all the decent, law-abiding Americans who were forced to hire their parents and to purchase their cheaper, illegal immigrant labor-derived products and services. Oh, and then, instead of being sent back to their homeland all comfy on a bus, they should be made to cross the desert on their way back, barefooted and without water or sombreros, and with a group of Minutemen herding them back and making sure they don’t try to escape.

What do you guys think?

This is very harsh thing to say!! I'm a illegal immigrant! My visa expired 3 years ago! My parents are also illegal but they have social security numbers and work legally but they are not legal residents and i dont have a SSN. I guess you can say they are "criminals". But don't call me a criminal because i had no choice in coming to America! If i understood the laws of this country as a 10 year old i would not have wanted to come here and be called a "criminal". Its too late for me to back, I have a vocabulary of 4th grader back in my country and my writing isn't that good either. I was never enforced to kepp learning my language, my parents' main concern was for me to learn english. Now i'm a Junior in high school. I DO NOT CHEAT ON TESTS. I have a 4.0! Dream of becoming a pharmacist! I do a lot of tutoring on my own time for friends and kids that struggle with school! So don't call me a cheater and a criminal because i DO the opposite! Teachers love me!! They think I have a bright future and is a great role model! Being Illegal bothers everyday...sometimes i want to go back to my country despite of what awaits for me. I have such guilt because of the future my parents have chosen for me! if we had stayed in our country I would've also been a great and intelligent student. Its worse for children that came to the country younger than me...growing up being called a criminal without the understanding of why! Kids shouldnt be punished for what their parents did! Remember we were never given a choice! If American Schools gave illegal children the option to pay for their education I would rather pay than being a society problem!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top