Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 08:47 PM

10,908 posts, read 9,567,847 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
I find it interesting that you accuse me of playing what if...yet your posts are repleat with your own fanciful outcomes and what ifs.

I have no plan...I'll leave the critical thinking to you.
So you admit that you have no plan, just support the release of criminals. No "what ifs", just release them, according to you.

Since I have offered no solutions, other tha deportation, what exactly do you find to be fanciful and a what if? You offer no solution, other than amnesty, but criticize any other plan. That is truly a pathetic liberal vision. Hope for change. Against all evidence to the contrary. Back tracking all the way when called on your vision.

Truly pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2011, 09:18 PM

12,867 posts, read 14,934,200 times
Quote:
Lets be clear, these criminal aliens are in California prisons because the committed a crime against the state...most likely not for unauthorized entry into the US. So wouldnt that be sending the message ...committ a serious crime in California and they will simply deport you with no prison time?

Im sure those that are deportable have and will be deported.

One other point...the Home nation does not have to accept a deportable criminal alien. Recently the case of a Cambodian criminal alien that Cambodia refused to accept back.
the home country would accept them back if we threatened to cut off their financial aid, i bet.

let's make the home nation responsible for watching over them after we send them back. we bill them for any who find a way to make it back across, and i bet those in charge would see to it that they stayed in their own homeland.

the illlegal immigrants are not our fault and not our problem, unless we continue to have spineless leaders who choose to make it our problem.

a lot of americans would like to have the america back that they had before the "invasion".

Old 05-27-2011, 04:55 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,841,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
the home country would accept them back if we threatened to cut off their financial aid, i bet.

let's make the home nation responsible for watching over them after we send them back. we bill them for any who find a way to make it back across, and i bet those in charge would see to it that they stayed in their own homeland.

the illlegal immigrants are not our fault and not our problem, unless we continue to have spineless leaders who choose to make it our problem.

a lot of americans would like to have the america back that they had before the "invasion".
If one says that some conflict half way around the world is not of our making and not our problem...that may be true; but we are talking about Amrican immigration policies. That in fact is our problem. Some even argue that it is a problem exacerbated by us.

We can not control the actions of another country...An with all due respect, the fedreral government isnt some guy at a desk making instantanous and autocratic decisions.

If the criminal aliens are non-violent offenders, then I dont see a reason that they could not be deported. I do have a problem with violent criminal offenders being deported to do time in their home country. The crime was committed in this country and the victims deserve justice.

What ever California does in this situation doesnt change the fact that they are 40,000 beds short of compliace. and little will change in the future. California will have to re-look at the penal system and if more space is needed, then they will have to build.

For the first time ever the US Supreme court added photos into their decission...The photo show dorm style incarceration. I dont buy the claim that California doesnt have the money to build low max prisons.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:04 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,567,847 times
Quote:
For the first time ever the US Supreme court added photos into their decission...The photo show dorm style incarceration. I dont buy the claim that California doesnt have the money to build low max prisons.
It doesn't matter what you "buy" or don't. California cn't even seem to pay for programs to support law abiding citizens, let alone those who have already broken federal law by coming here illegaly.

You once again provide no answer except for no deportation, urging that the US should become even more of the nanny to the world. Perhaps you should do some real research and form a workable plan before continuing in this thread. No one is buying your nonsense.

Old 05-27-2011, 11:59 AM

4,904 posts, read 6,021,320 times
Release them, but deport them to Antarctica. Then we wouldn't have to worry about them hopping the border again and going back to shooting a rival Nortenos gang.

Old 05-28-2011, 05:09 PM

884 posts, read 717,386 times
Quote:
California has the option of building low max security prison[s] and moving non-violent offenders there. There is no need to release or even deport criminals from California prisons.
Texan, your above post takes the cake as your least intelligent thought process to date. Did you even read the article 1AngryTaxpayer posted.

Based on your illogical thought processes, one can come to the conclusion that you would rather have the taxpayer foot the bill for the incarcerated illegals instead of sending them back to their country or birth.

Our brain dead Gov. here in California has stated that in order to pay for the move from federal to country systems he will RAISE OUR TAXES. There are around 140,000 prisoners in the Calif system. The SCOTUS ordered a reduction of roughly 46,000 inmates. An estimated 19,000 of California’s convicts are illegal aliens, which by the way cost the tax payer approximately a BILLION dollars a year.

I suppose since this isn't happening in your backyard then let him raise our taxes, because you would rather that than have them deported. WHY DONT YOU TAKE THEM TO YOUR HOUSE TEXAN? Are you an American citizen?

EDITORIAL: Deport California's illegal-alien convicts - Washington Times

California Dreamin’
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration