Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2011, 01:56 PM

403 posts, read 333,961 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyGem View Post
If you're referring to my post:

I don't pass judgment on someone's morality. I don't give a rip if someone is moral or not. Nowhere in my post did I mention morality.

My views are based on the laws of the United States with regard to immigration which have not been enforced.

PERIOD. There is never a reason to spin or insinuate anything from what I posted I always say what I mean.
I'm sorry, I got you confused with EricCortez because the post of mine that you were responding to was directed at him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2011, 03:30 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepgirl27 View Post
Hmm..I dont say the pledge of allegiance..or sing the national anthem..or salute the flag? I was born in this country..but I wont disrespect the flag..
which is completely fine. As long as you always respect it, you are an American. Those scum that burn it, well they can go back to their homeland.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:45 PM

1,103 posts, read 2,260,185 times
i can't watch those videos. makes my blood boil. thank god i live in va, if i lived in ca or az i'd be in fights probably every day.

Old 06-29-2011, 05:50 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,313,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
i can't watch those videos. makes my blood boil. thank god i live in va, if i lived in ca or az i'd be in fights probably every day.
I live in Calif. and you just have to learn to bite your tongue a lot out in public and don't read the newspapers or watch tv much. Either that or buy yourself a punching bag to keep from going mad.

Old 06-29-2011, 06:25 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,457,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CelticGermanicPride View Post
It is so hard, my blood boils on a daily basis out here.

Old 06-30-2011, 07:48 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,421,922 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I live in Calif. and you just have to learn to bite your tongue a lot out in public and don't read the newspapers or watch tv much. Either that or buy yourself a punching bag to keep from going mad.
It got to the point in Calif, where I couldn't hold back anymore. I got into a big dispute at a meeting over Illegal immigration with our Pro illegal "San Bernardino County Board of Supervisors". (mainly Josie Gonzalez)

Old 06-30-2011, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronFlyer View Post
I talked about this in another topic, but this isnt how wages work. It doesnt take much skill to be a crop worker. I did it in high school and all it requires is the willingness to work long hours doing a repetitive back-breaking task in very hot conditions. I basically worked from sunrise to sunset every day in the summer other than the weekend.
I can also tell you from my experience (since we love anecdotal evidence on this forum so much) that no one outworked the migrant worker crews. They work at an amazing pace, generally without complaint. I can also say they are great people to be around.

Quote:
Back to the wages issue, it all goes back to supply and demand. Not everyone can be a professional athlete for instance. No matter how hard you work, you arent going to be the second coming of Michael Jordan. Same goes for entertainers. It is also the reason highly skilled professions earn greater wages.
Quote:
It isnt the employer's job to provide you a "fair, decent wage". Its his job to pay for the value that you provide to business while remaining profitable. An unprofitable business soon becomes a non-existent business and non-existent businesses dont hire anyone
Leave Sports and Entertainment out if it.

You have no clue on what the wage issue is.
Your just coming up with excuses for illegals to remain here at unaffordable wages.

Your twisting and spinning of what's being said, is not working,
One more thing:
Before you come back saying that you know how farming wages work:
Just remember, I was born and raised on a farm myself.

Quote:
no one outworked the migrant worker crews.
Show some factual proof to that

Last edited by mkfarnam; 06-30-2011 at 08:20 PM..

Old 07-01-2011, 12:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VoltronFlyer View Post
An unaffordable wage is an oxymoron.
Quote:
If you cant afford to pay a certain wage
and try to do so then you go out of business. And mentioning sports and entertainment was a direct reply to the poster I was replying to.
Go ahead, spin it out of proportion.

Quote:
I grew up in a farming community,
I grew up on a farm and I worked on one so Id say my experience is not inferior to yours.
Inferiority had nothing to do with what I said.

What WAS meant was:.. Just because YOU! seen it in 1 small farming community,
and without comparison, does NOT draw the final conlusion!

Quote:
Thats an asinine request as there is obviously no way to prove that.
I pointed out that it was anecdotal. But this forum seems to thrive on anecdotal evidence and performs
the internet equivalent of putting your hands over your ears and saying "LALALALALA" as loud as you can
whenever you place any sort of facts or figures in front of them.
yada, yada, yada,

Quote:
But I can tell you where Im from I never saw a crew that could clear a field faster than the migrant worker crews.
And like I said, Just because YOU saw it where your from, doesn't set presidence.

Old 07-01-2011, 12:54 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,136,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viridian Ideals View Post
The second two points are opinions. For your first point please provide a source to support your assertion that all illegal immigrants live with twenty relatives.
How about this one ??

General Code: overcrowding; illegal occupancies; residence ...
Overcrowding and Illegal Occupancies ... the problem of overcrowded rental property and illegal ... of what are commonly known as "illegal apartments ...
General Code: laserfiche;codification;document management;municity;novusagenda;municipal codifier;municipal codes;laserfiche document imaging;municipal software;ordinances;municipal codification
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration