Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2011, 08:20 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,681,536 times

Advertisements

McCain blames some Arizona wildfires on illegal immigrants

Old 06-20-2011, 08:38 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,854,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
McCain blames some Arizona wildfires on illegal immigrants
Did he actually say "to keep warm"?...

Old 06-20-2011, 09:10 AM

3,854 posts, read 4,842,393 times
There is a difference in "setting fires" and causing fires. Here in Texas its been extremely dry and HOT [102f-107f daily this past week]. Most counties have burn bans [no burning of trash/brush] in rural areas, No BBQ fires and this 4th...no fireworks. State Parks- no camp fires.

There was a large grass fire on IH 10 in Borne, Tx yesterday that shut down the Highway for hours...most likely it was caused by someone tossing a cirgarette butt out the car[I guess it could have been an illegal alien smoking].

For John to illustrate what illegal aliens are known to have done in the past, and not add all the other causes [natural and man-made]to wild fires...may show a loss of reasoning and congintive skills.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:01 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,586,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post
There is a difference in "setting fires" and causing fires. Here in Texas its been extremely dry and HOT [102f-107f daily this past week]. Most counties have burn bans [no burning of trash/brush] in rural areas, No BBQ fires and this 4th...no fireworks. State Parks- no camp fires.

There was a large grass fire on IH 10 in Borne, Tx yesterday that shut down the Highway for hours...most likely it was caused by someone tossing a cirgarette butt out the car[I guess it could have been an illegal alien smoking].

For John to illustrate what illegal aliens are known to have done in the past, and not add all the other causes [natural and man-made]to wild fires...may show a loss of reasoning and congintive skills.
Given that illegal aliens have proven their disdain for this country, and total disregard for the safety of our citizens, why on earth would they care if they start a fire, or destroy land?

Old 06-20-2011, 10:03 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,681,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Given that illegal aliens have proven their disdain for this country, and total disregard for the safety of our citizens, why on earth would they care if they start a fire, or destroy land?
Totally agree.

They could care less if the USA burn to the ground.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1751texan View Post

It's going to be a heck of a Summer in the Southwest. Most places missed any Spring rains, and the vegetation is dried out. The forest hasn't been managed very well close into the communities over a number of years (the underbrush has been allowed to grow out, and previous small fires put out quickly).

In the Summertime, illegal aliens don't light fires "to keep warm". They also don't want the smoke to give away their positions. McCain is wrong at least in the current season, in that the problem fires have been away from the border (even further North than I am). I don't know what point he is trying to make currently.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
Totally agree.

They could care less if the USA burn to the ground.
Let's not get too carried away...

Old 06-20-2011, 10:15 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,586,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
It's going to be a heck of a Summer in the Southwest. Most places missed any Spring rains, and the vegetation is dried out. The forest hasn't been managed very well close into the communities over a number of years (the underbrush has been allowed to grow out, and previous small fires put out quickly).

In the Summertime, illegal aliens don't light fires "to keep warm". They also don't want the smoke to give away their positions. McCain is wrong at least in the current season, in that the problem fires have been away from the border (even further North than I am). I don't know what point he is trying to make currently.
Are you suggesting that illegal aliens are only in Border States? If so, I have news for you. They reside in every state, including Alaska and Hawaii.

Old 06-20-2011, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Are you suggesting that illegal aliens are only in Border States? If so, I have news for you. They reside in every state, including Alaska and Hawaii.
Away from the border doesn't mean out of the border state. The "Wallow" fire in Arizona (and now in New Mexico) is so far north that the smoke is thick in Albuquerque. Other fires currently in my state of New Mexico are above Santa Fe (an hour North of Albuquerque), Raton (in the far Northeast corner of the state, determined to be accidental from an ATV rider on railroad property), and in the park of Carlsbad Caverns (in the East of the state, having Texas to the South).

If Illegal aliens set fires, they are in very close proximity to the actual border. I would be very surprised for anything over 25 miles away. The "Horseshoe 2" fire in Arizona, currently furthest South of what I am aware of, is even outside that, and of unknown cause.

In fact, specific to this topic, and on the Horseshoe 2 fire, is this: http://www.nytimes.com/2011/06/02/us/02wildfires.html

Quote:
...Mr. Edwards, the ranger, cited four other southern Arizona fires, all of them in known smuggling areas, that were found to have been caused by American citizens. One was caused by a rancher whose welding created a spark that ignited the dry underbrush, he said. Another was found to have been caused by target shooters. In two cases, he said, military aircraft engaged in training exercises set off fires.

“The automatic assumption is that it was an illegal immigrant,” Mr. Edwards said, acknowledging that migrants have been found to have caused wildfires by setting campfires to stay warm...

I've already discussed about "keeping warm" in a Summertime that currently has temperatures in the mid-90's and above...

Old 06-20-2011, 11:33 AM

222 posts, read 501,747 times
If you want the proper information check out the FEMA site, US Border Control site or the US State Park site. Illegal aliens start cooking fires and signal fires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.