Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2011, 02:06 PM

76 posts, read 84,213 times

Advertisements

A man in North Carolina, Richard James Verone, was so desperate for medical treatment that he robbed a bank for one dollar.

N.C. Man Allegedly Robs Bank of $1 to Get Health Care in Jail - ABC News

I just figured out free health care is available to everybody in the US. It just hides in the jails around us that's all.

OR

Basically, all the illegals can get free health care and medicare using anchor baby while the citizens are not. We all should declare to be "undocumented" or "illegal" to get it.

Old 06-22-2011, 02:36 PM

951 posts, read 747,393 times
coolstorybro

What benefits are anchor baby children entitled to that other U.S. children don't get? More important, if this guy had a kid, or an anchor baby how is that going to help him in this situation?

Old 06-23-2011, 07:49 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,577,436 times
No such thing as free medical care. Someone (as tax payers you and I) winds up paying for it. Despite what the government claims.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:03 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,348,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjay51 View Post
No such thing as free medical care. Someone (as tax payers you and I) winds up paying for it. Despite what the government claims.
You are right. However, I would much rather have to pay for our own poor's medical care through our taxes than illegal aliens and their anchors that should never have been made citizens in the first place through violation of our immigration laws. They may be citizens on paper through the misinterpretation of birthright citizenship but I resent having to cover any medical costs for them or their parents.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:11 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,249,938 times
This was extensively discussed in another thread a couple of days ago:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...obs-store.html

But the ludicrous assertion that this scenario gives the anchor babies parents free medical care wasn't covered there.....

Last edited by plwhit; 06-23-2011 at 08:20 AM..

Old 06-23-2011, 08:16 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,577,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
You are right. However, I would much rather have to pay for our own poor's medical care through our taxes than illegal aliens and their anchors that should never have been made citizens in the first place through violation of our immigration laws. They may be citizens on paper through the misinterpretation of birthright citizenship but I resent having to cover any medical costs for them or their parents.
I agree with your sentiments. However our wonderful government (blah) has decided that we should take care of the entire world when we don't even take care of our own.

Old 06-23-2011, 08:18 AM

15,912 posts, read 20,249,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0ngvu View Post
A man in North Carolina, Richard James Verone, was so desperate for medical treatment that he robbed a bank for one dollar.

N.C. Man Allegedly Robs Bank of $1 to Get Health Care in Jail - ABC News

I just figured out free health care is available to everybody in the US. It just hides in the jails around us that's all.

OR

Basically, all the illegals can get free health care and medicare using anchor baby while the citizens are not. We all should declare to be "undocumented" or "illegal" to get it.

How does the parents (which are illegal aliens) of anchor babies get free medical care?

Old 06-23-2011, 08:56 AM

2,553 posts, read 2,441,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
coolstorybro

What benefits are anchor baby children entitled to that other U.S. children don't get? More important, if this guy had a kid, or an anchor baby how is that going to help him in this situation?
I'm not sure what the father of an anchor baby can get but, the mother gets all kinds of aid...housing, food stamps, medical, etc. In all the situations that I personally know of, the father is here illegally (and lives with the mother and child) and usually works for cash as a day worker (or something similiar to that).....sometimes they're married, sometimes they're not but, as far as the government knows, the father is not present in the household.

I'm not sure how it works now but, it's always been that as long as the mother has a child every 5 years, she'll continue to be allowed to stay here and receive aid. I've known mothers that received job training and they intentionally failed the classes too....including learning English.

Here in AZ, the state recently asked the federal government, to be allowed to drop Medicaid coverage for childless adult U.S. citizens because of the state deficit. At first they wanted to drop all of them but, since then they've been trying to figure out a way to avoid having to do that (even if it's just for a portion if not all). Since this is AZ and we're suppose to be a bunch of Neanderthals with us trying to pass 1070, people in other states on the left, jumped all over this. What I don't think most realize is that, including AZ, there are only 6 states that provide Medicaid for childless adult U.S. citizens. What the state is trying to avoid doing, 44 other states have never done all along....so, for this guy if he had a child, he may have been able to get Medicaid.

The details in the story are few but, I don't know why he didn't walk into an emergency room and find out if the lump on his chest was life threatening before he decided to get himself thrown in jail.

Old 06-23-2011, 05:58 PM

76 posts, read 84,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
How does the parents (which are illegal aliens) of anchor babies get free medical care?

I worked at a few hospitals in Los Angeles. I've seen sick anchor babies received health care all their life. They come in, the hospital cannot turn them away. I also see many in vegetable stage (brain dead) for more than 5 years and the illegal parents refused to pull the plug. They are not loving their child at all, they not even come in and see the kid for years but totally refused to let the kid go. WHY? the kid is their meal ticket, medicare, food stamps and the money for taking care of the kid.
And they are LOOKING for every moment, every opportunity to sue the hospital for more $

Now you tell me how they cannot get freebies?

Old 06-23-2011, 06:38 PM

106 posts, read 254,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ph0ngvu View Post
I worked at a few hospitals in Los Angeles. I've seen sick anchor babies received health care all their life. They come in, the hospital cannot turn them away. I also see many in vegetable stage (brain dead) for more than 5 years and the illegal parents refused to pull the plug. They are not loving their child at all, they not even come in and see the kid for years but totally refused to let the kid go. WHY? the kid is their meal ticket, medicare, food stamps and the money for taking care of the kid.
And they are LOOKING for every moment, every opportunity to sue the hospital for more $

Now you tell me how they cannot get freebies?
If that is true it is truly disgusting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration