Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2011, 07:11 AM

1,421 posts, read 1,494,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Anyone would have the same outrage if your child had just died
That illegal got wht he had coming. Id feel the same way if an American did the same crimes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,348,212 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikCortez View Post
That illegal got wht he had coming. Id feel the same way if an American did the same crimes.

Not to mention that he was a grown man, not a child.

Old 07-08-2011, 07:13 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,397,096 times
In the coverage of this story leading up to his execution, the media never once pointed out his immigration status that I saw. (This is for the pro-illegals who think that the rootin' tootin' Texas media is out to lynch illegals. They're not.)

Old 07-08-2011, 07:28 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,859,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
In the coverage of this story leading up to his execution, the media never once pointed out his immigration status that I saw. (This is for the pro-illegals who think that the rootin' tootin' Texas media is out to lynch illegals. They're not.)
Not only that - the pro-illegals are livid when Arizona determines the citizenship of those they arrest, but are also lived when Texas does not.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:09 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,601,804 times
He got exactly what he deserved. Good riddance! I wonder if Obama will try to intervene on behalf of citizens scheduled for execution.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:11 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,397,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Not only that - the pro-illegals are livid when Arizona determines the citizenship of those they arrest, but are also lived when Texas does not.
Exactly...can't win, don't try.

Personally I am opposed to capital punishment due to its high cost and lack of deterrent effect, not to mention the flaws in the system that permit the conviction and execution of innocent people. I have no doubt we have executed innocent people in Texas.

However, consular assistance wouldn't have changed the outcome of this case and the law was carried out properly. I agree with the SCOTUS's assessment of the situation even though I don't agree with CP overall.

Old 07-08-2011, 08:22 AM

34 posts, read 22,155 times
Killing people is bad, even when you outsource your dirty work to your government. That said, I won't be losing too much sleep that there's one less creep out there. But I might lose sleep over how many people here seem to take joy from another's death.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:23 AM

3,010 posts, read 6,323,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TreasuredJewel View Post
Anyone would have the same outrage if your child had just died
The bottom line is if he weren't here ILLEGALLY, that innocent girl he murdered would be living her life right now. Plus, the evidence against him leaves no doubt that his committed this horrific crime.

Sorry, but if any son of mine did this to someone, I would disown him.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:49 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,601,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SitNSnooze2 View Post
Killing people is bad, even when you outsource your dirty work to your government. That said, I won't be losing too much sleep that there's one less creep out there. But I might lose sleep over how many people here seem to take joy from another's death.
No, I have joy in knowing this piece of excrement won’t have an opportunity to victimize again. I feel no compassion whatsoever for ANYONE who would brutally rape and murder another human being, especially someone her age. My sympathies are reserved for the family of the victim. I can’t even allow myself to imagine the horrific experience this poor girl endured. May she rest in peace, and may he burn in hell.

Old 07-08-2011, 09:53 AM

34 posts, read 22,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
No, I have joy in knowing this piece of excrement won’t have an opportunity to victimize again.
Would you have that exact same level of joy if he had been locked away for life without an opportunity to victimize again?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration