Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2011, 09:07 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times

Advertisements

Oh dear, now where will people eat?

Mexican National Sentenced to Nearly Four Years in Prison | WKBW News 7: News, Sports, Weather | Buffalo, NY | Crime Report

Simon Banda-Mireles, 50, aka Jorge DeLarco, a native and citizen of Mexico, also must pay restitution in the amount of $239,089 to 15 illegal aliens who worked for him. Previously, the defendant had agreed to forfeit money and property valued at $70,009 to the government.

"Today the leader of a criminal organization received both a significant sentence and financial penalty for using illegal alien labor to operate seven Mexican restaurants throughout New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania and West Virginia," said Lev J. Kubiak, special agent in charge of ICE HSI in Buffalo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2011, 10:33 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
What? No defenders of this poor soul.

Old 07-14-2011, 10:38 PM

321 posts, read 362,913 times
More IRS fraud. And the far left *******s wonder why we have a 14 trillion dollar deficit. Why dont you raise this guys taxes you stupid left wing hypocrites.... Oh yeah cause he doesn't pay any lol and neither did the illegals. Scum bag aliens only here to rape and pillage our country and not contribute or assimilate to our society.

Pay your fair share *******s and illegal aliens

Old 07-14-2011, 11:18 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,435 times
Quote:
"This case should serve as a warning and a deterrent to any individual who would attempt to exploit others for their own financial benefit," said U.S. Attorney William J. Hochul Jr., Western District of New York. "In this case, the defendant used those who were particularly vulnerable due to their status in order to illegally maximize his profit."
From the above article. Its a shame that illegal immigrants are exploited this way. I doubt they will get all their earnings back. It should be noted that not all employers exploit illegal immigrants. It is also not a secret why employers prefer to hire immigrants. Here is another case...

Quote:
After the terminations, the East Coast owner said he was struggling to get replacement workers up to speed. He has endured a substantial increase in customer complaints — to 30 a week from about three — and has reduced his 2011 sales goals by 15 percent. The terminated employees included members of his management team who earned $12 to $15 an hour. He paid them all their vacation pay, and said he was bothered by the perception that employers like him were unscrupulous and treated undocumented workers unfairly. “We did everything by the book,” he said. “There were a lot of tears here.”
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/14/bu...s&st=cse&scp=1

Old 07-15-2011, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
From the above article. Its a shame that illegal immigrants are exploited this way. I doubt they will get all their earnings back. It should be noted that not all employers exploit illegal immigrants. It is also not a secret why employers prefer to hire immigrants. Here is another case...

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/14/bu...s&st=cse&scp=1
Has your friend considered providing work visas?

There is an honest way to bring in foreign workers, actually there are a number of honest ways.

Why do you want to keep it all illegal? Look at the big common burial pits they've recently found in some northern state near the border, filled with these would-be illegals.

If your friend and others need foreign workers, they can either relocate their businesses to the countries of the workers, or they can sponsor them to come legally -- but the downside, they have to make at least some half-hearted attempt to hire Americans first and pay legal wages.

But look at the benefit -- the foreign citizen doesn't have to pay a cartel ring to be smuggled over, doesn't have to go through cartel controlled openings in the fence. He can board a bus, take a taxi, plane -- and come perfectly legal.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:34 PM

1,890 posts, read 2,653,965 times
That's the problem with most businesses who hire illegal aliens - they can't pay the fines after a raid. It's a lose-lose situation.

Old 07-17-2011, 03:21 AM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Has your friend considered providing work visas?

There is an honest way to bring in foreign workers, actually there are a number of honest ways.

Why do you want to keep it all illegal?
What friend? I don't think you and I know each other outside of this forum. Please don't pretend you know something about me.

I don't want to keep it all illegal. The whole goal is to fix the current problem we have of 10 million or 12 million illegal immigrants living in this country. Why? Because they will not self deport and we don't have the budget to deport them either. So what to do with a generation of people that are not leaving and will become part of the future of the U.S.

Did you read the article that ICE is making this guy do back PAY the illegal immigrants are owed? What does that tell you? They are not deportable, they are staying and without legal papers, they will move on to another job in the area paying some taxes, if not none. We can make them pay a fine, make sure from there on they are honest. If not honest and they commit a crime, once registered, we can deport them. Remember there are only two options: we not legalize them or we legalize them and have them contribute to the economy. Either way, they are staying and there is nothing you or I can do, as our government has pretty much decided where they stand. Which path do you choose?

Old 07-17-2011, 05:16 AM

Quote:
What friend? I don't think you and I know each other outside of this forum. Please don't pretend you know something about me.

I don't want to keep it all illegal. The whole goal is to fix the current problem we have of 10 million or 12 million illegal immigrants living in this country. Why? Because they will not self deport and we don't have the budget to deport them either. So what to do with a generation of people that are not leaving and will become part of the future of the U.S.

Did you read the article that ICE is making this guy do back PAY the illegal immigrants are owed? What does that tell you? They are not deportable, they are staying and without legal papers, they will move on to another job in the area paying some taxes, if not none. We can make them pay a fine, make sure from there on they are honest. If not honest and they commit a crime, once registered, we can deport them. Remember there are only two options: we not legalize them or we legalize them and have them contribute to the economy. Either way, they are staying and there is nothing you or I can do, as our government has pretty much decided where they stand. Which path do you choose?
I choose don't legalize them.

According to the open borders side, we need people here illegally to do the low paying hard work kind of jobs and pay into social security and never be able to take out of it. If you legalize them, it defeats the whole purpose and their their employers would have to start over and bring in new illegals.

Plus many will self-deport, more would self-deport if they realize they aren't going to be rewarded for breaking the laws.

There are actually some illegals who would just as soon return home to the families they left behind someday. And really our social security system cannot handle millions of people who may have just showed up at age 52 starting to claim their check after just 10 years of work, or they'll claim they were here 10 years when actually they weren't.

Leave them here illegally, we know Obama isn't going to do anything about the problem, but some states have plans to have immigration laws enforced. They have the option if they have no record here to return home and start over the right way, but if they are caught, it should bar them from legal reentry and legal residence.

Old 07-17-2011, 07:03 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,318,817 times
Quote:

They won't self-deport right now becasue there are still too many incentives to remain here. The goal should be to remove all of these incentives. As for it being too expensive to forcibly deport them:

DHS confirms cheaper to deport every illegal alien than allowing them to stay - National Immigration Reform | Examiner.com

Why should we allow them to stay? Most have taken a job that an American needs and many have either committed a felony by using fake and stolen I.D.'s to work and/or tax evasion by working under the table. Once legalized they will be able to access our welfare coffers if they aren't doing so already via their anchors. What would be the incentive for employers to keep them since they would have to pay them the same as an American? The next batch of illegals would be forthcoming to satisfy the employers craving for cheap, slave labor.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:07 PM

105 posts, read 298,179 times
And this is why I don't eat at Mexican restaurants. Every single one I've been in to no matter where the in the country...So Cal, Kentucky, Maine, Montana... Everyone speaks Spanish. They all hire there "brothers". Unfortunately as I've seen most Hispanics support illegal aliens based on the fact of their race or nationality. Note that I said most I've met...not ALL. Glad to see the employer get prison time, but will he or the illegal aliens even be deported? Probably not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration