Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2011, 11:28 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,334 times

Advertisements

More Illegal Immigrants From India Crossing Border - FoxNews.com

"Mexican authorities have been unable to stop smugglers from moving illegal Indian immigrants over their country's southern border, then north to Texas. Instead, Mexico asked neighboring Guatemala to restore the visa requirement for Indians, which it did June 6".

LOL the Mexican government just makes me laugh. Are they afraid Mexicans are going to have to compete with Indians for handouts now? Ha ha.

But seriously. If we tried doing something along the same lines like you know, protecting the borders, we are called racist and intolerant.

What a bunch of hypocrites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2011, 11:35 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Just coming to do those jobs the American people and the Mexican and Central Americans don't want to do.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:09 PM

167 posts, read 239,521 times
Illegal immigrants are coming in from almost every country in the world. You shouldn't be surprised by that.

Old 07-17-2011, 01:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,684,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBAguy View Post
Illegal immigrants are coming in from almost every country in the world. You shouldn't be surprised by that.
It should be surprising since they know they are breaking the laws but also they should know how few jobs there are in this country. It's very likely they aren't coming for jobs because while the jobs are very few, the welfare and social programs are plenty especially to those who choose to have children they can never afford on their own.

At some point the whole thing is not sustainable, we've got all kinds of people pouring over the borders to live the good life here, but jobs are leaving the country and our government is in debt up to it's eyeballs.

Old 07-17-2011, 02:41 PM

884 posts, read 716,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
At some point the whole thing is not sustainable, we've got all kinds of people pouring over the borders to live the good life here, but jobs are leaving the country and our government is in debt up to it's eyeballs.
Excellent point. Our country will fall hard if we don't look at history and see that it is repeating itself as we speak. The entitlement programs in the U.S. need to stop now.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:17 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,274,604 times
Actually there are quite a lot of illegal Indians in I.T.

Old 07-17-2011, 09:28 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,603,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
It should be surprising since they know they are breaking the laws but also they should know how few jobs there are in this country. It's very likely they aren't coming for jobs because while the jobs are very few, the welfare and social programs are plenty especially to those who choose to have children they can never afford on their own.

Whether it is changing countries, states, counties, parishes or cities; the job search is always migrating to the locale where the opportunities are easier or more abundant.

You say there are few jobs here. I will agree from a relative standpoint. There used to be more jobs, so now there are few. Next year, what we have now may seem plentiful in comparison. The problem is that when compared to where the immigrants are coming from, they are plentiful to them now.

If you and I have a job fair and your room has only three recruiters instead of the normal twelve, you complain about the poor opportunities. My room has only one recruiter so all of my attendees start moving to your room where the prospects are three times greater. Sure we had them sign an agreement to pick a room and stay there, but their kids are hungry and their wives are bitching at them to hurry up and get a job or sleep on the floor. Can you blame them for breaking the rules?

I think we should still kick them out of the job fair when we catch them breaking the rules, but I understand the lure.

Old 07-17-2011, 10:55 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,558,654 times
Why should anyone be surprised? The entire world knows our government does not enforce our immigration laws. I am only surprised we don’t have half of the world living here. After all, we are now a free-for-all. That is, with the exception of hardworking U.S. taxpayers. We only foot the bills.

Old 07-17-2011, 11:51 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,044,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
More Illegal Immigrants From India Crossing Border - FoxNews.com

"Mexican authorities have been unable to stop smugglers from moving illegal Indian immigrants over their country's southern border, then north to Texas. Instead, Mexico asked neighboring Guatemala to restore the visa requirement for Indians, which it did June 6".

LOL the Mexican government just makes me laugh. Are they afraid Mexicans are going to have to compete with Indians for handouts now? Ha ha.

But seriously. If we tried doing something along the same lines like you know, protecting the borders, we are called racist and intolerant.

What a bunch of hypocrites.
What is it that you are complaining about? Indians are on their way to the U.S. So what if Mexico prevents them from coming over? Mexico protects its southern border and its our responsibility to protect our southern border? What is wrong with that?

Its part of the Merida Initiative.

Merida Initiative (http://www.state.gov/p/inl/merida/ - broken link)

Old 07-18-2011, 05:12 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zacatecana View Post
What is it that you are complaining about? Indians are on their way to the U.S. So what if Mexico prevents them from coming over? Mexico protects its southern border and its our responsibility to protect our southern border? What is wrong with that?

Its part of the Merida Initiative.

Merida Initiative (http://www.state.gov/p/inl/merida/ - broken link)
I was just pointing out how the Mexican Government is full of hypocrites who don't want their country to be invaded but at the same time call Americans racists and intolerant when we try to enforce our immigration laws.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration