Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 09:24 AM

951 posts, read 747,451 times

Advertisements

And we're back to "it's the law". Full circle. Oh and, we apparently don't want dirty blue collar people here. They don't deserve freedom. Only the doctors and lawyers and computer programmers deserve those luxuries. I used to hear about how only in America could a meager person have the opportunity to reverse things and not just provide for their families but even become someone of importance. I guess we require you to be important now to take part in our elite privileges knows as basic human rights. Hell, most of them aren't even asking for the world, they would just like legal status so they could find a job and would be happy with that.

Last edited by huddledmasses; 07-20-2011 at 09:36 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 09:33 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,349,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Easier to come legally, or easier to come legally for unskilled/uneducated Mexicans? We have standards for a reason.

Legal immigrants are afforded the same treatment and protections as citizens. So, please explain how they are being treated unfairly. I am a very strong proponent of equality and freedom for all. However, miscreants cannot be expected to be treated the same as the law-abiding. That’s why we have police, a judicial system, prisons, etc. There are consequences for unlawful behavior, and one is the denial of certain freedoms and privileges. Sorry, but that IS just.
The pro-illegals idea of equality for all is allowing anyone to come here that desires to. In other words no borders and no restrictions on immigration regardless of how it impacts U.S. citizens. You see, we shouldn't have any special rights in our own country according to them.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:33 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,603,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
And we're back to "it's the law". Full circle.
If you’re sick of “it’s the law” why don’t you explain why illegals should be above the law? Why don’t you explain why our country should not have the right to dictate who may enter, or establish criteria? Why don’t you explain why one country (Mexico) should have the right to dump millions of its underclass on U.S. taxpayers, and why we should not have the right to oppose this burden? And, why don’t you explain how the results of another amnesty will differ from 1986. C’mon, give it your best shot.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post
And we're back to "it's the law". Full circle. Oh and, we apparently don't want dirty blue collar people here. They don't deserve freedom. Only the doctors and lawyers and computer programmers deserve those luxuries.
What part of WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING CITIZENS do you not comprehend? U.S. citizens, regardless of socioeconomic status, have a right to be here. Illegal aliens DO NOT!

And, if you are referring to our standards, then no, we do NOT need more low-skilled, uneducated foreigners entering our country. We certainly do NOT need low-class, perpetually pregnant, welfare parasites.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 AM

I added more since you responded. Perhaps you want to reply further.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:37 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,214,429 times
Quote:
What part of WE ARE NOT DISCUSSING CITIZENS do you not comprehend? U.S. citizens, regardless of socioeconomic status, have a right to be here. Illegal aliens DO NOT!
The WHOLE argument is about who should have that right and why.

I mean, how many times can you just repeat what the law is? When pro-choice people argue with pro-lifers, do you think they sitting there saying "we won the court cases!"?

Old 07-20-2011, 09:41 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,349,338 times
Quote:
LOL! I couldn't help but read the post you were replying to. "Dirty blue collared" workers are undesirables? WTH? We have our own blue collared workers in this country and always have. They have my respect for their hard work and without them this country wouldn't have gotten built. The pro-illegals are really grasping at straws now.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
LOL! I couldn't help but read the post you were replying to. "Dirty blue collared" workers are undesirables? WTH?

According to Benicar they are. Here I'll quote her since you apparently missed it.

Quote:
Easier to come legally, or easier to come legally for unskilled/uneducated Mexicans? We have standards for a reason.

And to answer the question, I think it should be easier for anyone who wants to work as long as they pass a criminal background check, etc. Period.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
The WHOLE argument is about who should have that right and why.

I mean, how many times can you just repeat what the law is? When pro-choice people argue with pro-lifers, do you think they sitting there saying "we won the court cases!"?
You have yet to provide one cogent argument to justify open borders or the legalization of untold millions of illegal aliens. Your reasons are always related to personal gain. Sorry, but there are more people in this country than your small group of cheap labor peddlers/profiteers.

Old 07-20-2011, 09:54 AM

If there aren't cogent arguments then why is it always a backpedal to "it's the law"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration