Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 10:26 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey shows that three-out-of-four Likely U.S. Voters (75%) now favor strict government sanctions on those who hire illegal immigrants. Only 16% oppose such sanctions. (To see survey question wording, click here.)

Fifty-nine percent (59%) also support strict sanctions on landlords who rent or sell property to illegals. Twenty-four percent (24%) are opposed to tough laws against these landlords, but 17% more are undecided.

Nearly two-out-of-three voters (65%) believe that if a police officer pulls someone over for a traffic violation, he or she should automatically check to see if that person is in the country legally. Twenty-six percent (26%) oppose those automatic checks.
75% Support Tough Penalties Against Employers Who Hire Illegal Immigrants - Rasmussen Reports™

We need our laws enforced, period. Unfortunately, the coddling of these miscreants continues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 11:21 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Thx, friend. I appreciate the info you bring here. I was wondering how ordinary people feel in Alabama on the new laws there ? There has been much broohaha about the churches and the Aclu sticking up for the illegal immigrant.

Our government ignores what the ordinary citizen wants and we seem to be fearful of electing someone who has a clear cut stand on illegals. Understandable, I guess.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:27 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,316,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
Thx, friend. I appreciate the info you bring here. I was wondering how ordinary people feel in Alabama on the new laws there ? There has been much broohaha about the churches and the Aclu sticking up for the illegal immigrant.

Our government ignores what the ordinary citizen wants and we seem to be fearful of electing someone who has a clear cut stand on illegals. Understandable, I guess.
It is only those benefiting from illegal aliens or have an ethnocentric interest that don't want our immigration laws enforced. They are among the minority in this country. Most Americans want our immigration laws enforced and don't want another amnesty.

Old 07-26-2011, 11:30 AM

5,297 posts, read 7,629,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
It is only those benefiting from illegal aliens or have an ethnocentric interest that don't want our immigration laws enforced. They are among the minority in this country. Most Americans want our immigration laws enforced and don't want another amnesty.
They seeem to be the ones with the power and can yell the loudest about discrimination.......I see no real movement to do something about illegal immigration that will produce any viable results. I despair. But, I guess that is what they want. Hopefully, I will be dead before I see what this country will be like in 20-50 years. But, my poor grandchildren will be dealing with it and that makes me sad.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnieA View Post
They seeem to be the ones with the power and can yell the loudest about discrimination.......I see no real movement to do something about illegal immigration that will produce any viable results. I despair. But, I guess that is what they want. Hopefully, I will be dead before I see what this country will be like in 20-50 years. But, my poor grandchildren will be dealing with it and that makes me sad.
Don't despair. They can yell till the cows come home but our politicians know how the majority of Americans feel and won't go against us if they value their careers. These illegal alien advocates have not been able to accomplish much for their cause and in fact very little. This is all going to come to a head and mark my words we anti-illegals will be on the winning end.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:14 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,871,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Don't despair. They can yell till the cows come home but our politicians know how the majority of Americans feel and won't go against us if they value their careers. These illegal alien advocates have not been able to accomplish much for their cause and in fact very little. This is all going to come to a head and mark my words we anti-illegals will be on the winning end.
I wish this were true.

But the Dems are too busy pandering to the Hispanic lobby under the presumption they can win California and Texas by doing so. The Reps are too in love with big business's desire for cheap and docile labor. Neither party wants to listen to the American public on this issue.

Old 07-26-2011, 01:22 PM

321 posts, read 362,856 times
Obamination must get amnesty in order to keep his choke hold on America and get re elected.

All Americans who want the laws enforced must stand up and be heard with their vote. You can count on the left wing loons to be voting so we need to out perform them.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:17 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Sadly, I believe the status quo will prevail. Neither side is serious, given their vested interest in illegal immigration. There will be no amnesty. Nor will our laws be enforced. We will just have more of the same nonsense -- more illegals entering our country, record births and welfare recipients, unprecedented deficits, overcrowded schools, bankrupt states, hospital closures, etc, until the citizens of this country FINALLY rise up and DEMAND an end to this invasion, and the brazen fleecing of our nation. Voting for the same corrupt, inept, and pandering politicians will yield the same results. . . NOTHING.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I wish this were true.

But the Dems are too busy pandering to the Hispanic lobby under the presumption they can win California and Texas by doing so. The Reps are too in love with big business's desire for cheap and docile labor. Neither party wants to listen to the American public on this issue.
Then they will pay the price of being booted out of office like I said. Obama is history next year just for starters. Pessimism is not the way to go. We must fight or lose our nation.

Old 07-26-2011, 02:55 PM

1 posts, read 965 times
I am not sure the republicans are actually better than the dems.
Why?
If I remember correctly, Bush, after katrina, got rid of minimum wage and then hired mexican rebuilders. I think i've heard fishy things bout Texas?
You vote, but agribusiness gives money.
I believe in the dream act, IF IF IF the border is clamped shut.
They say its too hard to clamp the border.
I believe its very hard {terrain} but not impossible.
As economic stimulus we should have folk hired to do that
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration