Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 11:10 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,679,286 times

Advertisements

It should be called illegal criminal bill.

I wonder what planet he thinks he is living on?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 11:15 AM

884 posts, read 717,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

I believe he is from planet spend-every-one-else's-money. It it is in the I-want-your-vote-and-will-cater-to-you system.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:17 AM

48,502 posts, read 96,959,274 times
I don't see the everybody he talks of. Last time it was brought up they all heard from the people who disgreed. Basicaily they have been told no amnesty and seal the boder has promised in the 80;'s bill.Its just more election rethoric based on the coming elections which will go nowhere.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:30 AM

1,574 posts, read 1,020,804 times
Quote:
lol, you guys should really drop the pretense that you care about THE LAW.

I mean, this is a bill that is specifically about increasing legal immigration, but to you they'd STILL BE CRIMINALS. Because no matter what happens, to people like you they'll ALWAYS be criminals.

There's a word for people like you.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:47 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,595,619 times
Does he plan to include education in that bill because most come here with less than an 8th grade education.
They are NOT going to be creating any jobs soon.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:51 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,595,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post

I mean, this is a bill that is specifically about increasing legal immigration, but to you they'd STILL BE CRIMINALS. Because no matter what happens, to people like you they'll ALWAYS be criminals.

Read it more carefully. It's about legalizing the illegals already here (amnesty without calling it amnesty). Proponents want more highly skilled immigrants and that would knock Mexico practically off the list and the activists are very much against that.

It's a nightmare no matter how you look at it.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post

All this bill does is encourage more illegal activity.

Old 07-20-2011, 01:35 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,310,943 times
Yes, legal immigration can help the economy. We have enough people that want to come in legally, why not cater to them? Illegal immigrants are all about numbers to these politicians. Most of them seem to not care about the laws or illegal immigrants, just numbers and money.

Old 07-20-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
Yes, legal immigration can help the economy. We have enough people that want to come in legally, why not cater to them? Illegal immigrants are all about numbers to these politicians. Most of them seem to not care about the laws or illegal immigrants, just numbers and money.
1st. Legal immigration can only help an healthy economy. Our economy is hardly healthy. There are too many Americans out of work that must compete with non Americans.

2nd. These are illegals. They have broken our laws. Many of them are receiving government aid through their children. What use could they be to this economy?

Old 07-20-2011, 03:34 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,334,964 times
Quote:

In the article he talks about pushing CIR. This has nothing to do with legal immigraton. It is about rewarding immigration lawbreakers with amnesty. The ones who would benefit from an amnesty are mostly low-skilled, uneducated workers. All they do is steal jobs rather than creating them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration