Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2011, 10:52 AM

29,407 posts, read 22,009,955 times

Advertisements

So now accoding to the police chief breaking the law is entirely out of illegal immigrants control. It's not their fault they're here illegally or driving without a license or drunk. Hell soon raping and murdering will be "out of their control" too as they sink California deeper into the sea.

"Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck announced Monday that his officers will no longer automatically tow the cars of illegal immigrant drivers stopped at sobriety checkpoints.

The policy comes in response to the concerns of Latino civil rights activists, who say impound fees are unfairly costing otherwise hardworking illegal immigrant drivers hundreds of dollars.

Los Angeles Police Chief Charlie Beck said his department impounds about 1,000 cars a year from illegal immigrants at sobriety checkpoints – not because they’re drunk but because they don’t have driver’s licenses.
“As we reviewed our impound policies it became obvious to me that they had disparate impact on individuals based on something that was entirely out of their control," Beck said.

California doesn’t issue driver’s licenses to undocumented immigrants.
Under the new policy, officers will give unlicensed illegal immigrants “reasonable time” to find someone else to drive their cars home.
“No longer will these checkpoints have an adverse impact on somebody merely because of their (immigration) status," Beck said. "The sad truth is that the people who were most impacted by this law were the people that could afford it the least.”

LAPD makes it easier for illegal immigrant drivers | 89.3 KPCC
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2011, 10:55 AM

11,578 posts, read 13,950,520 times
This country is going down like the Titanic.

Old 07-20-2011, 10:57 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
And I'm sure they'll have the backing of the DOJ and DHS and ICE and whoever else in DC is "concerned" about illegals.

Do some really not see where this country is going..bit by bit ?

Citizens will get towed but illegals won't ? WTH is going on with this country ?
And will they get a free pass when they have an accident with no license, registration or insurance on the vehicle ?

yeah..Americans just need to just suck it up..the cost of becoming global.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:03 AM

No he says that unlicensed citizens will get a pass on tows too. How bout that. Of course they aren't here ILLEGALLY in the first place so they should get some sort of perk for breaking the law too right?

Old 07-20-2011, 11:08 AM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And will they get a free pass when they have an accident with no license, registration or insurance on the vehicle ?
In this state they have for some time. I remember my mothers car was hit by an illegal who spoke zero english and the cop told my mother the only recourse was civil court. Which was a non-option for my mother as taking someone to court costs MONEY which she didn't have enough of at the time (she had just been outsourced from her puter programming job and was working at WalFart. How ironic. You just can't get away from being affected by illegals no matter where you turn it seems).

And yes, I'm aware that outsourcing isn't illegal and that those taking the job aren't illegals per se. But I still consider outsourcing criminal nevertheless.

Old 07-20-2011, 11:56 AM

455 posts, read 633,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
In this state they have for some time. I remember my mothers car was hit by an illegal who spoke zero english and the cop told my mother the only recourse was civil court. Which was a non-option for my mother as taking someone to court costs MONEY which she didn't have enough of at the time (she had just been outsourced from her puter programming job and was working at WalFart. How ironic. You just can't get away from being affected by illegals no matter where you turn it seems).

And yes, I'm aware that outsourcing isn't illegal and that those taking the job aren't illegals per se. But I still consider outsourcing criminal nevertheless.
People pay car insurance so if anything happens to their vehicle its supposed to be fixed, the ins companies have devised all sorts of ways to deny payment and its wrong ! Why people tolerate this **** from ins comp. is beyond me.If a meteor hits your car, the ins comp should fix it, it has nothing to do with illegal aliens.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:00 PM

6,793 posts, read 5,663,842 times
what if the illegal alien was riding on the meteor??

Old 07-20-2011, 12:01 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,495,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
People pay car insurance so if anything happens to their vehicle its supposed to be fixed, the ins companies have devised all sorts of ways to deny payment and its wrong ! Why people tolerate this **** from ins comp. is beyond me.If a meteor hits your car, the ins comp should fix it, it has nothing to do with illegal aliens.
If the other guy hit you then it's HIS insurance that pays and HE gets the bump in premium.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:03 PM

Unless of course they're illegal and don't have a license or insurance. Then it's your fault. See if you weren't out driving on the roads in the way of these illegals they would have never hit you in the first place.

Old 07-20-2011, 12:22 PM

1,739 posts, read 1,916,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchman View Post
it has nothing to do with illegal aliens.
It DID in this case as the mofo had no insurance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration