U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-01-2011, 10:28 PM
 
Location: New Hampshire/Central FL
4,850 posts, read 5,296,540 times
Reputation: 3731

Advertisements

at someone else's expense.

Taking Action Investigation: A Stolen Life - The Tamara Greenhill Story - WHNT (http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-taking-action-investigation-a-stolen-life-the-tamara-greenhill-story-20110719,0,3121752.story - broken link)
Rate this post positively

 
Old 08-01-2011, 10:50 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 928,866 times
Reputation: 124
And real US citizens never do this...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-01-2011, 10:51 PM
 
1,574 posts, read 928,866 times
Reputation: 124
and before chicagonut or benicar rolls around here with their "you can't condemn anything illegals do" act, note that I'm all for prosecuting this sort of crime regardless of the immigration status of the offender.

What's stupid about this thread is the OP takes an isolated incident and turns it into a "THEY are doing this horrible thing" generalization.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 09:41 AM
 
3,484 posts, read 2,699,221 times
Reputation: 2350
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
And real US citizens never do this...


Right back at you for your usual bs thoughtless defense of criminal activity. You forgot to throw in your usual accusation of racism.

Other people do it as well is not an acceptable defense for an errant toddler or a criminal. Illegals engage in identity fraud far more often than American citizens by necessity. If they weren't here breaking the law in the first place they wouldn't need to create false documents to drive, rent apartments and get work. And before you start in with your usual nonsense about it shouldn't be a crime in the first place you ought to remember that we cannot accommodate everyone who wants to come here. American citizenship is not something Americans owe to all the world's six billion people.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 09:47 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,130,015 times
Reputation: 111
We should prosecute aggressively and then use singular cases like this to characterize illegal immigrants generally.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 09:55 AM
 
Location: Massachusetts
10,029 posts, read 7,839,795 times
Reputation: 4210
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
at someone else's expense.

Taking Action Investigation: A Stolen Life - The Tamara Greenhill Story - WHNT (http://www.whnt.com/news/whnt-taking-action-investigation-a-stolen-life-the-tamara-greenhill-story-20110719,0,3121752.story - broken link)

And....if you have a problem with that....Well...then you're a racist
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 10:00 AM
 
3,484 posts, read 2,699,221 times
Reputation: 2350
It is not a generalization to write that many if not most illegals engage in document forgery of some sort. That's the only way they can perform many basic activities including renting apartments and applying for work. I find it repulsive that someone allegedly in law school has so much smug contempt for so many of our laws. Then again what can you expect from someone who rushes to the defense of others who also feel equally contemptuous of the rules of our democratic society?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 10:02 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,130,015 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
It is not a generalization to write that many if not most illegals engage in document forgery of some sort. That's the only way they can perform many basic activities including renting apartments and applying for work. I find it repulsive that someone allegedly in law school has so much smug contempt for so many of our laws. Then again what can you expect from someone who rushes to the defense of others who also feel equally contemptuous of the rules of our democratic society?
This is awkward, but FYI it's not a requirement for lawyers to agree with every law.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 10:05 AM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,130,015 times
Reputation: 111
BTW I love "allegedly in law school." MAYBE HE'S LYING ABOUT IT, WHO KNOWS?!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 10:06 AM
 
9,241 posts, read 8,102,558 times
Reputation: 2218
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
and before chicagonut or benicar rolls around here with their "you can't condemn anything illegals do" act, note that I'm all for prosecuting this sort of crime regardless of the immigration status of the offender.

What's stupid about this thread is the OP takes an isolated incident and turns it into a "THEY are doing this horrible thing" generalization.
It doesn't matter if its isolated. It happened
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top