U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 08-02-2011, 06:42 PM
 
951 posts, read 686,578 times
Reputation: 89

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Funny, the ONLY person referring to illegals as “dirty” is YOU.
Funny. You guys use many other words insinuating as much without using "dirty". I can dig up quotes about how they are all uneducated, dress cheap, scary in stores, criminals, scourges on society, racists because they support immigration reform, etc. etc. etc. if you want. Is disease carrying the same as dirty or were you guys implying something more or less severe than dirty when you say disease carrying?

Or when you specifically say things like:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Basic humanity does not require a country to become a doormat for miscreants and parasites. Nor does it require a country to provide for foreigners to the detriment of its own citizens.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 08-02-2011, 08:14 PM
 
47,528 posts, read 65,230,940 times
Reputation: 22377
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This proves motives of some fellow Hispanics.

I can't find a hispanic leader that will uphold the law
There are and have been some. Cesar Chavez for example did not want illegals here.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 08:20 PM
 
47,528 posts, read 65,230,940 times
Reputation: 22377
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Even the polls prove that out. Hispanics are mostly the ones advocating for these illegal aliens and you know if the majority of them were Chinese you wouldn't hear a peep out of them other than to join our side. The marches, their politicians, their advocacy groups. One would have to be totally blind not to connet the dots.
That's why you will never see La Raza gripe when Haitians get rounded up in a "hispanic" city like Miami. Or when other non-raza illegals are deported, the La Raza groups will not be out protesting in the streets.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 09:06 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,301 posts, read 20,828,814 times
Reputation: 6534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Well it's a question. Do you agree that the supporters of illegal aliens are the lowest form of scum?

I mean, it seems to be a bit of a quandary for you - rapist or person who supports illegal immigrants? WHY MUST WE CHOOSE?!?!
No they are not the lowest form of scum. That doesnt mean I would want to be neighbors with them because there is a lower form of scum.
My point was why does it always have to be an either or question?
Either your for supporting illegals and an amnesty or you are against immigration.
No I can be for immigration but against rewarding cheats.
Too often it turns into if someone points out hispanics are the majority of illegals then that poster is a racist. Its not racist to point out the facts.
Again with the personal attacks, Please show me a post of mine where I felt a rapist and a supporter of illegals are equally bad. Its no quandary at all but you asked a question that begged to challenged. Why either or? In this country we are free to move and relocate. If I was unfortunate enough to have such as neighbors I wouldn't associate with them. The rapist might find life miserable given my neighbors are old school. The illegal supporter ???? Stay away from me and I'll stay away from them.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 09:13 PM
 
1,569 posts, read 1,121,562 times
Reputation: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
No they are not the lowest form of scum. That doesnt mean I would want to be neighbors with them because there is a lower form of scum.
My point was why does it always have to be an either or question?
Someone said they are the lowest form of scum, so I posed what I felt was an obvious hypothetical. Obviously anyone saying they are the "lowest form of scum" is exaggerating on an enormous, enormous scale.

So yeah, if you were paying attention to the post I was responding to, you'd see why I asked an "either or" question.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 09:18 PM
 
Location: Pa
20,301 posts, read 20,828,814 times
Reputation: 6534
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
Someone said they are the lowest form of scum, so I posed what I felt was an obvious hypothetical. Obviously anyone saying they are the "lowest form of scum" is exaggerating on an enormous, enormous scale.

So yeah, if you were paying attention to the post I was responding to, you'd see why I asked an "either or" question.
But dont you see? posters on both sides are resorting to the low blows to make a point. I agree it is an exaggeration and totally destroys the credibilty of whatever point they were trying to make.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 09:29 PM
 
15,921 posts, read 18,824,955 times
Reputation: 7666
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
A fourth generation Mexican-American advocting for illegal aliens? Need I say more?
Nope, but he's no different then Americans who go out of their way for illegals.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 09:37 PM
 
14,306 posts, read 12,347,557 times
Reputation: 2134
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Nope, but he's no different then Americans who go out of their way for illegals.
The difference is the agendas. None of them pro-American, however
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-02-2011, 09:43 PM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,299 posts, read 4,491,927 times
Reputation: 602
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Why either or? How about neither?
How about who do we give a break? The honest immigrants and their children or the illegals who didnt respect our laws enough to enter legally?
Sometimes it isn't either of those as well...
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-03-2011, 12:26 AM
 
335 posts, read 306,623 times
Reputation: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by huddledmasses View Post

I know it won't change anything. You will continue to be closet racists and proclaim it's only a question of the law that has you so upset despite chi-nut still proclaiming a Hispanic takeover of our culture in every other thread. You will bite your tongue more and watch what you say more because those un-American pro-illegals will construe your racism as racism and that makes you butthurt.
Actually, it's the pro-illegal immigration folks who are the true racists. They support illegal aliens simply because of the color of their skin.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top