Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2011, 09:05 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times

Advertisements

“I'm a fourth-generation Mexican-American, and my friends who are undocumented depend on me to be their voice,” said Tulsa University student Kasey Hughart, president of DREAM Act Oklahoma".

"About 272 undocumented students are attending Oklahoma's public colleges, according to Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education data. They represent less than one percent of the total enrollment".

Oklahoma Watch: DREAM Act Oklahoma wants to put faces on immigration issue | NewsOK.com

A fourth generation Mexican-American advocting for illegal aliens? Need I say more?

How would they know the number of illegal alien students attending Oklahoma's colleges? I thought that question wasn't allowed to be asked.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:07 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,663,903 times
This proves motives of some fellow Hispanics.

I can't find a hispanic leader that will uphold the law

Old 08-02-2011, 09:07 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
“I'm a fourth-generation Mexican-American, and my friends who are undocumented depend on me to be their voice,” said Tulsa University student Kasey Hughart, president of DREAM Act Oklahoma".

"About 272 undocumented students are attending Oklahoma's public colleges, according to Oklahoma State Regents for Higher Education data. They represent less than one percent of the total enrollment".

Oklahoma Watch: DREAM Act Oklahoma wants to put faces on immigration issue | NewsOK.com

A fourth generation Mexican-American advocting for illegal aliens? Need I say more?

How would they know the number of illegal alien students attending Oklahoma's colleges? I thought that question wasn't allowed to be asked.

Ethnocentric

Racists

End

Of

Story.............

Old 08-02-2011, 09:11 AM

1,569 posts, read 1,210,545 times
Quote:
...yes?

Is there some kind of obvious inference everyone is supposed to make from this?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:25 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,555,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
...yes?

Is there some kind of obvious inference everyone is supposed to make from this?
Hasn’t it already been explained? For some, ethnicity trumps all.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Hasn’t it already been explained? For some, ethnicity trumps all.
So the fact that this woman is a Mexican-American means that she is standing up for the rights of illegal immigrants BECAUSE she's a Mexican-American? That's the inference we're making here?

Old 08-02-2011, 09:35 AM

2,112 posts, read 2,695,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
This proves motives of some fellow Hispanics.

I can't find a hispanic leader that will uphold the law
The Governor of New Mexico tries to.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:44 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,341,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockmadinejad View Post
So the fact that this woman is a Mexican-American means that she is standing up for the rights of illegal immigrants BECAUSE she's a Mexican-American? That's the inference we're making here?

Yes....in other news the sky is blue and it's hot in Texas in the summer time......

Old 08-02-2011, 09:48 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,312,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
Yes....in other news the sky is blue and it's hot in Texas in the summer time......
Even the polls prove that out. Hispanics are mostly the ones advocating for these illegal aliens and you know if the majority of them were Chinese you wouldn't hear a peep out of them other than to join our side. The marches, their politicians, their advocacy groups. One would have to be totally blind not to connet the dots.

Old 08-02-2011, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Even the polls prove that out. Hispanics are mostly the ones advocating for these illegal aliens and you know if the majority of them were Chinese you wouldn't hear a peep out of them other than to join our side. The marches, their politicians, their advocacy groups. One would have to be totally blind not to connet the dots.
Yes, people tend to advocate for others that they feel a connection to.

The assertion that you're all agreeing with, however, is that the woman in question supports the cause she is advocating for merely because she is a Mexican-American.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration