U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-08-2011, 07:03 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,465,770 times

Advertisements

People Have Donated
$120,300.00
Donations Collected

https://www.buildtheborderfence.com/...er/index.xhtml

I would think that donations would be in the millions by now!! Instead of whining on forums all day long, why don't some of you put your money where your mouth is.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 07:06 AM

4,854 posts, read 5,449,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
People Have Donated
$120,300.00
Donations Collected

I would think that donations would be in the millions by now!! Instead of whining on forums all day long, why don't some of you put your money where your mouth is.
What, we need to have a disclaimer before we post here?

"I have donated money to build the fence in Arizona therefore I have the right to come to City Data to complain about illegal immigration"

FYI I have donated. So what is your point?

Old 08-08-2011, 07:51 AM

1,574 posts, read 967,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
FYI I have donated. So what is your point?
I think the point should be obvious. Most people only care about stupid boondoggle plans like this if they don't have to pay for them directly out of pocket.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:59 AM

14,306 posts, read 12,788,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
People Have Donated
$120,300.00
Donations Collected

The economy is bad and many Americans are out of work. How do you expect them to donate any money? How do you know that many of us in this forum haven't donated towards this project? Assume much? You pro-illegals do you own fair share of whining in forums. Proof is right here in this forum.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:12 AM

4,854 posts, read 5,449,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhymetime View Post
I think the point should be obvious. Most people only care about stupid boondoggle plans like this if they don't have to pay for them directly out of pocket.
Oh you mean like the stupid plans like supporting illegal immigration if they don't have to take in a family of 5 of illegal aliens into their house and support them?

Gotcha.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:16 AM

951 posts, read 715,519 times
Well with a total estimated cost of up to $49 billion you guys are getting close.....to paying a few salaries for a few months.

Old 08-08-2011, 11:49 AM

1,574 posts, read 967,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
Oh you mean like the stupid plans like supporting illegal immigration if they don't have to take in a family of 5 of illegal aliens into their house and support them?

Gotcha.
I read this four times and I still don't understand what you're trying to say. Maybe try re-writing it.

Old 08-08-2011, 07:58 PM

15,919 posts, read 19,471,607 times
Just how much national advertising/attention has this plan gotten?

Since most of the national media organizations are pro illegal alien it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why the dollar amount is so low.

(and yes I have contributed)

Maybe another reason people haven't flocked to this idea is that they have seen how easily the illegal alien invaders can scale a fence and feel it is a waste of their money...

It comes to no-ones surprise that CA residents have contributed nothing, if it was within their purview they would contribute to building a high speed rail line across the border instead...

Last edited by plwhit; 08-08-2011 at 08:07 PM..

Old 08-09-2011, 02:43 AM
Yac

6,039 posts, read 7,403,771 times
9 deleted posts later I'd like to ask everybody to either post on topic, or don't post at all. I also simply love how both sides act "stupid" when uncomfortable (for them) issues are brought up. Suddenly everybody here is new and has no idea what the other side is about I also find it funny how one side can condemn the other for using the race card, but only a thread away the same side has no problem playing it (works both ways, not only in this thread). Kudos! (yes, it's sarcasm, in case it's not clear).
Yac.

Old 08-09-2011, 03:14 AM

2,381 posts, read 4,864,614 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by plwhit View Post
Just how much national advertising/attention has this plan gotten?

Since most of the national media organizations are pro illegal alien it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see why the dollar amount is so low.

(and yes I have contributed)

Maybe another reason people haven't flocked to this idea is that they have seen how easily the illegal alien invaders can scale a fence and feel it is a waste of their money...

It comes to no-ones surprise that CA residents have contributed nothing, if it was within their purview they would contribute to building a high speed rail line across the border instead...
While I do agree on building a border fence, why should Californian's contribute to a fence in Arizona when they have their share of border?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration