Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-15-2007, 12:46 AM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

The former House speaker said the "war here at home" against illegal immigrants was "more deadly" than the war in Iraq.

WASHINGTON Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich said Tuesday he is "sickened" that President Bush and Congress went on vacation "while young Americans in our cities are massacred" by illegal immigrants.

Gingrich, who is considering a run for the White House, was referring to the recent execution-style murders of three college students on a school playground in Newark, N.J.

One man whom police believe was involved in the murders -- Jose Lachira Carranza -- is an illegal immigrant from Peru who had been released on bail on charges of raping a child when the murders occurred.

Gingrich said that the "war here at home" against illegal immigrants is "even more deadly than the war in Iraq and Afghanistan."

News: Gingrich says young Americans "massacred" by illegal immigrants | gingrich, illegal, police, murders, newark - OCRegister.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2007, 01:47 AM

2,433 posts, read 6,677,572 times
He certainly has a point. We need to get the illegal aliens out of America, but our current leadership in Washington want them to remain.

Old 08-15-2007, 01:29 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,604 times
Gingrich is a genius. Anyone with concerns about how low this country has gotten, how out of hand the illegal alien influx has become and how utterly unsafe we are from terrorists due to our lack of border security, needs to watch this man. If he decides to run for President he has my vote! He not only points out problems HE OFFERS SOLUTIONS! It is time for a big CHANGE in this country if we want to salvage anything of what our forefathers made of this great nation.

Old 08-15-2007, 08:22 PM

484 posts, read 1,944,535 times
I'm sure Dubya will send troops to Newark, NJ as soon as oil is discovered there.

Old 08-15-2007, 09:43 PM

4,714 posts, read 8,460,936 times
Gingrich is a very ambitious fellow with disgusting personal ethics regarding the opposite sex. Remember how he initiated a discussion of divorce with his first wife (of three wives) while she was in the hospital being treated for uterine cancer. And there's more.

Republican Sexual Hypocrisy - TalkLeft: The Politics Of Crime
Possible Presidential Candidate Newt Gingrich - The Dark Side

Gingrich will never again be elected to anything.

Last edited by ParkTwain; 08-15-2007 at 11:09 PM..

Old 08-16-2007, 11:20 AM

7,359 posts, read 10,277,416 times
ParkTwain: So true. Gingrich is a right-wing nutcase, and NOT the person who should be the public face of those working against illegal immigration.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:27 AM

6,202 posts, read 11,451,251 times
Gingrich is a hedonistic dumbass. I could demagogue out-of-staters by citing Mauldin microwaving his baby in Galveston. Or if he was a legal immigrant, I could use this fact to ban all immigration cause foreigners do crazy things. If the Peruvian was not an illegal immigrant, the demagogues and the media won't be hyping it up at all.

Old 08-16-2007, 04:44 PM

1,211 posts, read 1,495,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Gingrich is a genius. Anyone with concerns about how low this country has gotten, how out of hand the illegal alien influx has become and how utterly unsafe we are from terrorists due to our lack of border security, needs to watch this man. If he decides to run for President he has my vote! He not only points out problems HE OFFERS SOLUTIONS! It is time for a big CHANGE in this country if we want to salvage anything of what our forefathers made of this great nation.
he also has my vote, I hope he does run.

Old 08-16-2007, 11:04 PM

1,463 posts, read 6,221,562 times
All though I consider him a scum bag he's still right to criticize. What a joke, we're letting anybody in now...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration