Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 05:58 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
No wonder Ron Paul surged into the lead and the media can no longer hide it!
Paul was the only candidate who did not threaten to trade the Constitution for a police state. All the others oped for police state with wire taps and cameras on law-abiding citizen.

Paul correctly quoted Franklin: Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-23-2011, 06:01 AM

20,948 posts, read 19,049,136 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Newt's going to end up like Perry.
You wish.

Newt is far more conservative than the others and far more knowledgeable on all of the issues.

and....he will destroy obama in debates.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:02 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Up until now, no one ask for documentation regarding resources used by undocumented folks in the US.

Some research needs doing to determine what, if anything, these people use. In my district it cost about $7000 a year to school a child. Babies born to undocumented workers can get about $750 a month in rent and food aid.

My local high school went from 8% reduced and free lunch to 65% in 9 years time. Nothing has changed regarding housing. No huge low income apartments, etc. The school population is now majority Hispanic.

Now, comes Newt, the champion liar of all time. He lies to his wives, he lies to his party, he lies to his co-workers, he lies to his employees, he lies to the House Ethics committee, he lies to the IRS. Now y'all want to reward Newt with the White House and the illegals with citizenship.

I do not understand Republicans.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:08 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,416,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
Newt is right. You can't round up every illegal and deport them. So which ones would you deport. First criminals. Second, those with no family ties, before they make anchor babies. Third, those not paying taxes. Fourth, those not working and on the public dole.
Even if you do deport the illegals the kids can stay as Americans. So you are just breaking up a family and turning the kids against their country. Newt just secured a lot of the Latino vote.
Newt is right but that doesn't mean we have to amnesty the illegals. You can deport through attrition.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:36 AM

12,867 posts, read 14,912,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphamale View Post
You wish.

Newt is far more conservative than the others and far more knowledgeable on all of the issues.

and....he will destroy obama in debates.
sorry i have to disagree with you on this one.

newt might destroy obama in the debate (that part i will agree with), but he will destroy the country with a win, as he is clearly NOT a conservative. he believes in global warming and cap and trade. (or at least he used to, unless he is flip-flopping). he got 1.6 million from his lobbying efforts on fannie and freddie, and that wasn't because he gave such good advice.

furthermore, what is it about economics that is so hard for these rich crooks to understand?

we have an oversupply of labor in this country, hurting americans, driving wages down, and hours, as well.

this is the natural consequence of opening the floodgates up.

i want people to look at what is happening in alabama, which has decided they have had enough with lawbreaking and have new laws on illegal lawbreaking:
The war against Alabama’s immigration law has intensified in recent weeks, with a Justice Department lawsuit, visits by DOJ officials, and a showdown over illegal alien children who have been pulled from Alabama schools. Eric Holder sued Alabama, trying to block every aspect of its enforcement provision.

Why has the Administration and their ACLU and La Raza allies frantically tried to stop Alabama’s law from being enforced?

Because it’s WORKING – and putting legal Alabamans back to work. As illegals have fled the state by the tens of thousands, the jobs they took – particularly in poultry processing, building trades and transportation – are being filled once again by Alabama citizens. And the unemployment rate in the state has dropped as a result.

Alabama’s unemployment rate fell a half percentage point last month – five times more than the national average of 0.1%. And the drop is not seasonal because it is also a far larger drop than in surrounding states.

Alabama Law Pays Off: Unemployment Down Sharply After Crackdown on Illegal Aliens | Stand With Arizona

supply and demand, and newt is on the WRONG side of this issue. pathway to citizenship is a code word for "grab for more money now and to hell with the consequences down the road....". .

Old 11-23-2011, 06:46 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,971,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
sorry i have to disagree with you on this one.

newt might destroy obama in the debate (that part i will agree with), but he will destroy the country with a win, as he is clearly NOT a conservative. he believes in global warming and cap and trade. (or at least he used to, unless he is flip-flopping). he got 1.6 million from his lobbying efforts on fannie and freddie, and that wasn't because he gave such good advice.

furthermore, what is it about economics that is so hard for these rich crooks to understand?

we have an oversupply of labor in this country, hurting americans, driving wages down, and hours, as well.

this is the natural consequence of opening the floodgates up.

i want people to look at what is happening in alabama, which has decided they have had enough with lawbreaking and have new laws on illegal lawbreaking:
The war against Alabama’s immigration law has intensified in recent weeks, with a Justice Department lawsuit, visits by DOJ officials, and a showdown over illegal alien children who have been pulled from Alabama schools. Eric Holder sued Alabama, trying to block every aspect of its enforcement provision.

Why has the Administration and their ACLU and La Raza allies frantically tried to stop Alabama’s law from being enforced?

Because it’s WORKING – and putting legal Alabamans back to work. As illegals have fled the state by the tens of thousands, the jobs they took – particularly in poultry processing, building trades and transportation – are being filled once again by Alabama citizens. And the unemployment rate in the state has dropped as a result.

Alabama’s unemployment rate fell a half percentage point last month – five times more than the national average of 0.1%. And the drop is not seasonal because it is also a far larger drop than in surrounding states.

Alabama Law Pays Off: Unemployment Down Sharply After Crackdown on Illegal Aliens | Stand With Arizona

supply and demand, and newt is on the WRONG side of this issue. pathway to citizenship is a code word for "grab for more money now and to hell with the consequences down the road....". .
This post is full of misinformation. Newt is not for cap and trade and does not believe in AGW. He also did not lobby for the GSE's.

Old 11-23-2011, 06:48 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Might as well keep Obama. Gingrich is just another pro-unlimited cheap labor, open borders type.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:01 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,023,344 times
As someone that traditionally leans right, I can honestly say that I don't know how I feel about what Newt was saying on illegal immigration. I think, if we're on the left or right, we tend to want our politicians to campaign to their extreme bases but once elected, we want a centrist.

I can understand, logically, what he's saying and yes, he has a point; after all I still believe in compassion. However, I've always been a rule of law person too so I am conflicted. I will give him credit though for making me actually think about my position on illegals and how to solve the problem. I think that's a good thing and not something to summarily dismiss out of hand because it doesn't line up with my own preconceived notions.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:42 AM

6,940 posts, read 9,678,883 times
You will be surprised at how much undocumented people have lived in the dark for decades. In NYC, there are hundred-thousands or maybe millions of undocumented people who came in the 80s or 70s. Many were brought over by their parents with traveling visas to not returning to their birth place. They grow up with no way of becoming legal residents to having US born children.

Breaking up families in situations like this, is inhumane in my opinion.

Old 11-23-2011, 07:48 AM

23,974 posts, read 15,078,314 times
Go to Numbers USA and watch Roy Beck's gum ball presentation.

We cannot afford to save the world. We could take in every one in the world who wants to feed their families and it would not make a dent. Give me your tired and poor may have been a factory owner's PR piece, but look at the facts.

It is time for the USA immigration policy to get real.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration