U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 08:21 PM

5,113 posts, read 5,671,022 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
i refer you to wikipedia:

In his 2008 commercial for WeCanSolveIt.org, Newt Gingrich and Nancy Pelosi agree that “our country must take action to address climate change. here it is:

Nancy Pelosi and Newt Gingrich Commercial on Climate Change - YouTube

In February 2007, Gingrich stated that he "would strongly support" a cap and trade system for reducing carbon emissions based on the success of the 'Acid Rain Program' enacted by Congress under his tenure. He later changed his position, saying that such a trading system "would lead to corruption, political favoritism, and would have a huge impact on the economy."

for newt getting 1.6 million dollars from freddie mac, i refer you to bloomberg:
Gingrich Said to Be Paid About $1.6 Million by Freddie Mac - Bloomberg

i realize that a person can change their mind on a major issue like global warming, but it doesn't mean i am going to trust them either.
My first question is: Did you plan on voting for Newt? If not, then why do you care? Are you looking out for conservatives or just trying to demonize Newt to make Obama look better?

Next: Read some current and unbiased information. Listen to what Newt said on why he did that commercial. You will find out that back in early 2007 most people believed the data that was being reported from the "so called" climate scientist. It was a few year later that we all found out that the AWG scientist were committing fraud and attempting to fool us on AGW in an attempt to push the corrupt cap and trade agenda. We found out Obama was a part of that scam and almost committed our country to the corrupt Copenhagen Accord. Thank god the fraud was exposed just before the conference and once exposed many countries refused to sign but Obama flew out and personally tried to convince them to sign anyway but they refused and still refuse today. Obama almost sold out our country. There was another load of emails showing the fraud just the other day.

As far as GSE's: Newt was a paid consultant not a lobbyist ... big difference and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the work he performed.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2011, 01:55 AM

12,770 posts, read 11,157,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antarez View Post
Too early to call it wait until next week after the holiday.

Well on the BIG issue of Illegal immigration.

Gingrich is an absolute FAILURE !!!
I soo agree....too bad, I really wanted to like him. He's not as smart as he thinks he is, or they say he is. What happened to Bachmann, she used to believe in the Constitution, or so she claimed.
Oh, I thought we were talking about the Patriot Act. They all failed to be clear on illegal immigration. Newt and Perry want to reward them for breaking our laws, that is wrong. Romney sounded tougher.

I'll go with RP's idea of eliminating entitlements, although I'm not sure you could do that for single mothers raising a US citizen. We need to stop the anchor babies, by repealing the 14th amendment. That was intended for slaves, not illegals.

Last edited by claudhopper; 11-24-2011 at 02:11 AM..

Old 11-24-2011, 02:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don9 View Post
My first question is: Did you plan on voting for Newt? If not, then why do you care? Are you looking out for conservatives or just trying to demonize Newt to make Obama look better?

Next: Read some current and unbiased information. Listen to what Newt said on why he did that commercial. You will find out that back in early 2007 most people believed the data that was being reported from the "so called" climate scientist. It was a few year later that we all found out that the AWG scientist were committing fraud and attempting to fool us on AGW in an attempt to push the corrupt cap and trade agenda. We found out Obama was a part of that scam and almost committed our country to the corrupt Copenhagen Accord. Thank god the fraud was exposed just before the conference and once exposed many countries refused to sign but Obama flew out and personally tried to convince them to sign anyway but they refused and still refuse today. Obama almost sold out our country. There was another load of emails showing the fraud just the other day.

As far as GSE's: Newt was a paid consultant not a lobbyist ... big difference and there is absolutely nothing wrong with the work he performed.
You are right, he said that commercial was a big mistake. He does not support cap n trade. But, he's a war mongerer, like all the rest of em, cept RP.

Old 11-24-2011, 04:21 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,550,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claudhopper View Post

I'll go with RP's idea of eliminating entitlements

I am reluctant to ask you this, claud...might mess up a friendly relationship...but here goes.

This 'entitlement' issue that Paul expouses...is a major point that angers me strongly!! What Paul has stated regarding this is brutal, irresponsibile...and 'kooky' nut-job nonsense! - This is why rational folks see Ron Paul as void of compassion for the poor and poverty groups of American citizens....and is not a realistic, rational person...fit to be POTUSA!!

So, would you want old folks on Social Security...disabled folks on SSI....truly poor folks who would starve without some aid (food stamps, EBT, etc.) to be completely 'cut off.' ??

Old 11-24-2011, 05:14 AM

22,232 posts, read 17,227,693 times
Newt is for whatever the Heritage people tell him he is for. Anybody think he is touting the Krieble Red Card plan for free? Please!

Old 11-24-2011, 07:42 AM

21,072 posts, read 12,677,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rikoshaprl View Post
The illegal's babies are here to stay regardless. Get over it. If you let the republican's plans to fix the economy get through the senate, there might be enough work for us all.
Newt never said citizenship. Why do you have to lie? He said make them legal; and only the few that have been productive members of society for many years.
What Republican plan to fix the economy? More tax breaks? How can a country fight a war and not pay for it? How can a country give out all that welfare to illegals and not pay for it? If the tree trimmers , roofers, etc. want cheap labor, let them pay for medical care when their employees fall out of a tree or off of a roof.

Go back and check what Speaker Gingrich did when Lamar Smith and Barbara Jordan had a bill to deal with this. His actions are part of the reason we have to deal with this again, now.

Move to a state where business has bought off half the politicians in order to get labor prices down. Check out school districts where property values have been destroyed.

Why has the Republican Party introduced legislation in many states to deal with voter fraud if they don't think there is a problem?

Green cards will just make illegals as greedy as their employers.

Old 11-24-2011, 10:46 AM

5,113 posts, read 5,671,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
Newt is for whatever the Heritage people tell him he is for. Anybody think he is touting the Krieble Red Card plan for free? Please!
Newt is the most conservative candidate running and the one who has the most capability to win.

Watching the debate the other night ... I watched Mitt flip before my eyes on immigration when he first took a stand against Newts statement that illegals living here for a quarter century shouldn't be automatically captured and thrown out ... and then 5 minutes later he agreed ...

Old 11-24-2011, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quality guy View Post
I am reluctant to ask you this, claud...might mess up a friendly relationship...but here goes.

This 'entitlement' issue that Paul expouses...is a major point that angers me strongly!! What Paul has stated regarding this is brutal, irresponsibile...and 'kooky' nut-job nonsense! - This is why rational folks see Ron Paul as void of compassion for the poor and poverty groups of American citizens....and is not a realistic, rational person...fit to be POTUSA!!

So, would you want old folks on Social Security...disabled folks on SSI....truly poor folks who would starve without some aid (food stamps, EBT, etc.) to be completely 'cut off.' ??
I thought you followed his threads and knew his positions. Actually what he proposes will save Medicare and Social Security, by allowing young people to opt out, and plan for their retirement. Many youth know this will work out so much better for them. Why let the gov't tell you how much you can put in your IRA every year? The system needs an overhaul to preserve it.
We used to have 15 people working for every one retired, now it's like 2 - the system has to be changed because it's unsustainable. (may not be precise, just making a point )
No country in the world allows people to illegally enter, then partake of gov't benefits, except the U.S. The hospitals go broke, states like CA go broke, then we look to the federal gov't to take care of us, and we are no longer free and prosperous, we are a welfare state. Safety net for the truly indigent is fine, but it is not the job of the gov't to redistribute someone elses wealth. Private charities , churches, etc will do much more good, because people will be productive, prosperous and generous. The money can be better directed for the needy. People will be more productive, restoring self pride. We have become slaves to this bloated gov't that sucks the pride and self-worth out of individuals.

I don't say it nearly as well as Ron Paul, but what he proposes is all good. It would be an adjustment, and be a gradual change to restore the power to the people, as the founders intended. The following is a short glimpse into his plans, please avail yourself of his many statements to this issue.

Ron Paul on Entitlement Programs - YouTube

Old 11-26-2011, 04:19 PM

14,306 posts, read 12,783,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by california-jewel View Post
Maybe so, but how refreshing, to have someone being honest! and not lying about what his feelings are, unlike some people.

I never thought of it in the capicity he mentioned, until tonight, so i still have to process this.
I honestly have to think about this one, and i am being honest.

Most of my friends are really starting to pay attention to Newt, and for the most part they are pretty much liking what he is conveying.

They also like Mitt.

And he never came out and said he was for total amnesty, he mentioned in detail families that have been in this Country for 25 years, are our friends, work hard, are decent people, how would that make us feel if we knew them and now was asked to leave their families. Still have to think about this one, that is my honest answer.
So the longer someone has evaded the law the bigger the reward aka amnesty? I don't think so! Besides whom among those that have been here for 25 years hasn't committed the felony of working with a stolen/fake I.D. or evaded taxes by working under the table at the very least? Are we to forgive that also?

Old 11-26-2011, 04:22 PM

14,306 posts, read 12,783,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYer75 View Post
He has a point. You can't expect to kick people who have been here for 25 years to pick up and leave. They are members of their communities. They have children and grandchildren here. Members of the church. Extended family and friends. He called the Republicans out and told them to basically practice what they preach when they claim to be the party of the family.
I see, so the Republicans should thumb their noses at our immigration laws to prove they are for family? What about all the American lawbreakers that are separated from their families by going to jail and/or prison? If we enforce the laws they break does that mean we are against "family"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration