Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2011, 06:33 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,272,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
If my parents broke the law by robbing a bank, I am not allowed to benefit by spending that money.
Why should these children benefit by their parents committing a crime?

I don't believe that any illegal, that came here with children, started to speak English the day they got here. I am sure the kids have at least a working knowledge of their native language.
Exactly, and I wouldn't shield any of my relatives from the law either. I don't think my family is above our laws nor are they more special than any other families in regards to our laws.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2011, 07:20 PM

3,727 posts, read 7,008,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If the parents abandon them, refuse to take them home when they are deported, then yes, just like other kids abandoned by their families.

If the parents refuse to take their children home, I think if other family members back in their own countries would adopt them then they should be allowed to, but otherwise let them be placed for adoption.

A family that would so easily abandon the children is a totally worthless family and it would be better for the kids to be put up for adoption.
Precisely. When my parents moved, THEY TOOK THEIR CHILDREN WITH THEM!

They didn't leave us back at the old house!

Old 11-28-2011, 01:16 AM

2,075 posts, read 2,130,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If the parents abandon them, refuse to take them home when they are deported, then yes, just like other kids abandoned by their families.

If the parents refuse to take their children home, I think if other family members back in their own countries would adopt them then they should be allowed to, but otherwise let them be placed for adoption.

A family that would so easily abandon the children is a totally worthless family and it would be better for the kids to be put up for adoption.
Most illegals are worthless as far as being parent's
goes. They just see children as $$$ signs. Something
they can use to extract more money from the government. You see them all over southern AZ with
4 or 5 kids in tow.

How does this sound as a partial solution to the "Dream Act" ????? If you got through K-12, you
go down and join the military for 4 years (male or
female) and after that you are a citizen,you qualify for
the GI bill and go to college. If you are below 10th
grade you go back to your country of origin unless
some American family will .take you in until you
graduate.. It probably wouldn't work, but, it sure
show your intent to be an American..

Old 11-28-2011, 10:24 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,501,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jodipper View Post
If my parents broke the law by robbing a bank, I am not allowed to benefit by spending that money.
Why should these children benefit by their parents committing a crime?

I don't believe that any illegal, that came here with children, started to speak English the day they got here. I am sure the kids have at least a working knowledge of their native language.
That's an excellent question. We don't reward the children of citizens who choose to live outside the law. So, why should we reward the children of illegal aliens? Are the children of illegal aliens so special that they deserve better treatment than the children of citizens? Perhaps someone will explain the difference.

Old 11-28-2011, 03:36 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,460,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYChistorygal View Post
Precisely. When my parents moved, THEY TOOK THEIR CHILDREN WITH THEM!

They didn't leave us back at the old house!
When I was a kid, I would have that nightmare, that I came home from school and my family was gone. However my parents would not have abandoned any of the kids, for the children of illegals, this would not just be a nightmare, in many cases once they no longer get food stamps because they had to go home, they'll simply leave their kids behind.

And what's really bad is that they come right out and admit it, they won't be taking their own flesh and blood kids back home with them because they have no desire to raise them if they have to work to support them.

Old 11-28-2011, 10:05 PM

2,233 posts, read 5,466,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I know many of you oppose it, so I just want to try to convince some in changing their minds.

What is wrong it giving a pathway for adults and teenagers who were brought over by their parents? They had no choice. They did not choose to come to this country in the first place. Why punish someone for something their parents did? Many of them don't even know the language of their birth place. All they know is the American way of life.

Here are points to take note

1. They are not a threat to our national security.

Same with tourists.

2. They are not people who just want to break are laws.

Same with tourists.

3. They can help our country being that they have dreams of becoming meaningful people in our society.

Same with tourists. Gonna give them green cards upon entry now, too?
Ok, my take. I oppose it because I have immigrants in my family who came here LEGALLY. And let's face it: They don't want to stay here because they like it so much, they want to stay here because Mexico etc. are ****holes, to say it nicely.
Did you read about the incident a few weeks ago where the students were prohibited from wearing t-shirts with the American flag? Because some other students were celebrating Mexico and didn't like that.. Not even those who were born here want to be American. And there are countless other stories, not just this one. So don't spread lies. I'm sure you know better, but don't know what else to use to support your argument, so you say this. Just let's not beat around the bush.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:31 AM

7,791 posts, read 6,346,216 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
I know many of you oppose it, so I just want to try to convince some in changing their minds.

What is wrong it giving a pathway for adults and teenagers who were brought over by their parents? They had no choice. They did not choose to come to this country in the first place. Why punish someone for something their parents did? Many of them don't even know the language of their birth place. All they know is the American way of life.

Here are points to take note

1. They are not a threat to our national security.

2. They are not people who just want to break are laws.

3. They can help our country being that they have dreams of becoming meaningful people in our society.

Lots of Americans are unemployed. If you educate these people they're going to take good jobs from actual Americans instead of the crappy ones.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:49 AM

234 posts, read 241,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
The anti's agenda is to keep these kids at the bottom rung of society and make examples out of them. It's a gamble on American lives as well, basically they are betting these kids being so hopeless turn to crime, and cause enough havoc to get the laws enforced...

Political agenda > Kids Futures
That sounds like what early America did to Blacks. Use the law to keep them dumbed down, don't teach them to read & write and ensuring they're ignorant to the world around them. It's bad enough that Americans are in some cases ignorant to the world around them as well. We don't need more which is why we don't need millions of uneducated illegal immigrants freely roaming the USA unchecked.

Too bad the Federal Dream Act was not more clearly written. California has their own version of the Dream Act that's under a potential recall election. If it fails in California then you can bet your lucky stars that'll be the end if that ploy for sometime to come!!!

Old 11-29-2011, 11:58 AM

234 posts, read 241,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
Lots of Americans are unemployed. If you educate these people they're going to take good jobs from actual Americans instead of the crappy ones.
I wonder if Congress will pass another unemployment benefits extension. What I see today is a bunch of unemployed Americans content on their benefits rather than looking for a job.

Of course I only say that because I know some unemployed people who rather collect the unemployment check & food stamps instead of taking a low skilled low paying job. In case you have not noticed, jobs that pay well are like finding a needle in a hay stack.

With Americans being spoiled rotten with decent paying jobs in the past, it's natural to only seek out decent paying jobs while rejecting the low paying jobs.

Well guess what?

When an unemployed American on unemployment benefits chooses to sit on their butts instead of taking one of those low paying jobs, the likely hood of an illegal immigrant sneaking in to get that job dramatically increases.

So who's fault is it really?

Old 11-29-2011, 12:09 PM

4,865 posts, read 5,657,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rico from East Los View Post
I wonder if Congress will pass another unemployment benefits extension. What I see today is a bunch of unemployed Americans content on their benefits rather than looking for a job.

Of course I only say that because I know some unemployed people who rather collect the unemployment check & food stamps instead of taking a low skilled low paying job. In case you have not noticed, jobs that pay well are like finding a needle in a hay stack.

With Americans being spoiled rotten with decent paying jobs in the past, it's natural to only seek out decent paying jobs while rejecting the low paying jobs.

Well guess what?

When an unemployed American on unemployment benefits chooses to sit on their butts instead of taking one of those low paying jobs, the likely hood of an illegal immigrant sneaking in to get that job dramatically increases.

So who's fault is it really?

Speak for yourself and your own experiences dear.

And no, people hire illegal aliens because they are greedy. It is that simple. Why don't you report those lazy people you know to the Department of Labor in the state? When you are receiving unemployment, you are required to look for a job. If you don't think they are doing that, why are you sitting back and doing nothing about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration