Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2011, 09:53 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times

Advertisements

The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday night that ICE refused to take custody of 10 admitted illegal immigrants -- 2 of whom are children.

MCSO: ICE Refused to Book Admitted Illegals (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/mcso-ice-refused-to-book-admitted-illegals-12-21-2011 - broken link)

Be sure to watch the video of the press conference
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2011, 10:53 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,320,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post
The Maricopa County Sheriff's Office said Wednesday night that ICE refused to take custody of 10 admitted illegal immigrants -- 2 of whom are children.

MCSO: ICE Refused to Book Admitted Illegals (http://www.myfoxphoenix.com/dpp/news/crime/mcso-ice-refused-to-book-admitted-illegals-12-21-2011 - broken link)

Unbelievable! So essentially we have no immigration laws since ICE refuses to take custody of illegal aliens and local and state LE's hands are tied also.

Old 12-22-2011, 11:12 AM

5,341 posts, read 6,523,421 times
One would suspect that this comes from Barack Hussein Obama !

It's fairly clear that Janet Napolitano and the DHS Dept could have
not thought of this. So the next question would be, Who will be held accountable If someone or something slips over the unsecured border

We must remind Barack Hussein Obama & Janet Napolitano of the
OATH they took !

Old 12-22-2011, 01:07 PM

4,135 posts, read 2,839,429 times
ICE is a crap shoot, sometimes they come out, sometimes they don't. I've seen them unable to come out for seven UDA's on one call, but on another call, they were able to come out for 1, and vice versa. If they have the available manpower, they'll come out, if they don't, then they don't. I'm surprised BP made 'em come down to Casa Grand, I've seen them shoot up into PHX for roadside pick-ups, here and there.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:39 PM

515 posts, read 716,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mouser View Post

I don't get it...how can they "strip the sheriff of his right to enforce federal law"? What kind of legal tom-foolery is this?

Don't we have the right to sue individual ICE agents for dereliction of duty? I bet they would soon roll over and we could start suits further and further up the chain until we really get some attention.

Yeah, yeah, yeah...my friends and acquaintances with law degrees roll their eyes at me too when I ask this question, but not a one of them has given me a definite answer.

Old 12-22-2011, 01:48 PM

3,948 posts, read 4,306,483 times
They have been instructed by Washington via memos to be careful about who they enter into the deportation process. The idea is to create less chaos for the justice system and reduce the deportation processes while going after illegal immigrants that are involved in drugs, murders, gangs and other crimes (other than illegal immigration). Of course, this benefits the illegal immigrants that get to stay here and it sucks for those of us who would like to see them deported and a secure border.

Old 12-22-2011, 02:55 PM

4,866 posts, read 5,679,379 times
Welcome to the Obama Administration!

Old 12-22-2011, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoEdible View Post
They have been instructed by Washington via memos to be careful about who they enter into the deportation process. The idea is to create less chaos for the justice system and reduce the deportation processes while going after illegal immigrants that are involved in drugs, murders, gangs and other crimes (other than illegal immigration). Of course, this benefits the illegal immigrants that get to stay here and it sucks for those of us who would like to see them deported and a secure border.
I don't understand this Obama policy. Even though those he is putting on hold for deportation may not have committed a violent crime what about the fact that they are working here illegally and probably committed felony I.D. theft to do so? What about all the tax dollars they are costing us? In a time where jobs are scarce and millions of Americans are out of work you would think he would deport them to free up jobs for Americans and to decrease our tax burden. I just don't get it.

Old 12-22-2011, 03:06 PM

29,981 posts, read 42,939,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Unbelievable! So essentially we have no immigration laws since ICE refuses to take custody of illegal aliens and local and state LE's hands are tied also.
ICE has their orders form the Obama administration. It is Obama who is refusing to enforce immigration laws.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
I don't understand this Obama policy. Even though those he is putting on hold for deportation may not have committed a violent crime what about the fact that they are working here illegally and probably committed felony I.D. theft to do so? What about all the tax dollars they are costing us? In a time where jobs are scarce and millions of Americans are out of work you would think he would deport them to free up jobs for Americans and to decrease our tax burden. I just don't get it.
George Soros's Open Society calls for open borders. Obama is doing the bidding for his puppeteer while also pandering for votes with La Raza.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...ouncil-la-raza

Old 12-22-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
ICE has their orders form the Obama administration. It is Obama who is refusing to enforce immigration laws.
Oh, I think we all fully understand that. The question is, why? I don't buy the nonsense that they can't be deported or that it is too costly to do so. Hasn't Obama read Homeland Security's report that it is cheaper to deport them than to allow them to remain here? Obama says he wants to create jobs and yet if millions of illegals were sent home that would open up/ create jobs for Americans.

Is he really that anti-American that he would trade our own citizenry's well being for some special interest group's votes? Perhaps so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration