Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2012, 11:44 AM

19,893 posts, read 18,478,019 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
Jesus, what a vile board full of vile people. I rarely come over here because it absolutely makes me see RED, but wow, just wow.

Hope some of your parental rights are stripped from YOU. Then we can blame you for it, because you know, we're all morally superior and stuff.

Poor kid. Poor adoptive parents. Poor mom. Ugly, ugly state.
And you know what, we feel that people who make excuses for lawbreakers are vile themselves.

You want to be so self rightous, then get after these people who don't seem to give a damn about breaking our laws, coming to this Country illegally, and not caring about their children. If they did, they would think twice before putting children thru something like this.
It it not us, it is the Mom herself, so get after her case. Poor child, at the hands of those who come here illegally, knowing something like this can happen, want to get pissed off, do something about these illegals who continue to use their children, as a means of getting what they want.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 12:00 PM

1,448 posts, read 3,110,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashli M View Post
wow! you guys are a real piece of work.....ever think they might come here to have a decent life? and yes give their children a life that they themselves never had? no of course not they are just asking for their children to get taken away and get their 5 minutes of fame right? and who cares where the father of these kids are. children all over America are growing up in homes with just one parent and that doesnt make them any less of a person. Im sure if any of you negative neds had children then you would understand the heartbreak this situation has caused. And just so you guys know, just because somebody has a kid here does not mean they can get legal! it is a long spendy process and having children dont help you out any.

My God you make Mexico seem like Haiti. People are not starving in Mexico, nor is there a civil war going on. I would wager people are happier overall in Mexico than in the US. Mexican immigrants are more interested in the material things the US offers.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:50 PM

1,059 posts, read 833,402 times
Quote:
Hateful. Think about what you are saying.
I did and feel even stronger about it today. Go home, vile lawbreakers and take your supporters with you!

Old 05-10-2012, 05:31 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,340,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie1004 View Post
I did and feel even stronger about it today. Go home, vile lawbreakers and take your supporters with you!
If only we could deport these supporting anti-American traitors along with them.

Old 05-10-2012, 05:31 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,311,497 times
Quote:
Jesus, what a vile board full of vile people. I rarely come over here because it absolutely makes me see RED, but wow, just wow.

Hope some of your parental rights are stripped from YOU. Then we can blame you for it, because you know, we're all morally superior and stuff.

Poor kid. Poor adoptive parents. Poor mom. Ugly, ugly state.
Some people thrive on hate and ignorance. If this is what makes their lives happier, more power to them, keep the hate alive

Old 05-10-2012, 05:40 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,681,815 times
horrible! this is a horrible case and the responses from the regulars (while not surprising) are equally as horrible.
what we know:
she had a child. she was caught up in an illegal raid. she was taken into custody and put through legal proceedings she could not understand. she is sentenced and locked up, all the while unsure of what is happeneing in more legal proceedings regarding her child. she is released and tries to get her child back.
what we DONT know: her motives for coming to this country. her motives for having a child. her legal representation and her understanding of the options available to her. the quality of life she can provide.

when looking at it compassionately AND logically it makes sense to ensure that this never happens again. there should be policies in place to make sure that parents in custody are not stripped of parental rights. extreme cases notwithstanding (life sentences). the point is to place children with bio family. this child should have never been up for adoption. some one really messed up (and im not talking about the mother)

its horrible to make this woman suffer even more without her child. give her the boy back and get her the eff out of here.
this is a sad case but the knee jerk reaction to automatically blame/vilify the mother is simply perplexing (but mostly heartless).
extenuating circumstances exist and should be taken into account. i really hope this mother gets her child back.
this board has hit a new low with some responses on this thread. im completely disgusted now. im gone.

Old 05-11-2012, 04:21 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,180,675 times
Romero says Carlos was taken from her against her will while she was in federal custody for an immigration related crime. Does she think he should have been locked up with her? I doubt he was put up for adoption without her signing a release form. The courts are very strict about that, and will even go to great lengths to track doen a fly by night baby daddy to get his ok. I believe this is probably part of her "I didn't understand" defense, which is baloney, because she had interpreters to explain things. I suspect she thinks she'll have a better chance of not being deported if she gets him back.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:28 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,365,692 times
I think the system should be overhauled to ensure that illegal immigrant parents are not separated from their children for long periods of time. Lock up the illegals. Find the kids and make sure they're taken care of, either with (legal) relatives or in the foster system, until the parents' case is heard. Then, hand the child back to the illegal immigrant parents when they're deported. If the kid is an anchor, he/she can come back on their own when they're an adult. If not, stay in your country where you belong unless you can get a visa.

As opposed as I am to illegal immigration, I don't believe that illegals deserve to have their parental rights stripped and their children taken away permanently because of it. That's going a bit far. Agencies should coordinate much more closely to ensure continuing contact between parents/children and keeping them together (as the parents are deported) should be a priority. I am NOT advocating a free pass for illegal parents...deport them, just make sure they take their kids with them.

Old 05-12-2012, 02:29 AM

8,732 posts, read 6,795,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
horrible! this is a horrible case and the responses from the regulars (while not surprising) are equally as horrible.
what we know:
she had a child. she was caught up in an illegal raid. she was taken into custody and put through legal proceedings she could not understand. she is sentenced and locked up, all the while unsure of what is happeneing in more legal proceedings regarding her child. she is released and tries to get her child back.
what we DONT know: her motives for coming to this country. her motives for having a child. her legal representation and her understanding of the options available to her. the quality of life she can provide.

when looking at it compassionately AND logically it makes sense to ensure that this never happens again. there should be policies in place to make sure that parents in custody are not stripped of parental rights. extreme cases notwithstanding (life sentences). the point is to place children with bio family. this child should have never been up for adoption. some one really messed up (and im not talking about the mother)

its horrible to make this woman suffer even more without her child. give her the boy back and get her the eff out of here.
this is a sad case but the knee jerk reaction to automatically blame/vilify the mother is simply perplexing (but mostly heartless).
extenuating circumstances exist and should be taken into account. i really hope this mother gets her child back.
this board has hit a new low with some responses on this thread. im completely disgusted now. im gone.
Of course it's horrible when a child or children are taken from their parent(s). Happens to US citizens all the time. The difference is that children of LEGAL residents go into foster care or with a relative. I'm sure that there are many here that find this situation appalling, but would be quick to call Child Services on a citizen if their cihld/children were being neglected or abused.

For her to say she didn't understand what was going on or what was said is had to believe since there are bi-ligual interpreters available to them.

I think the motive of most illegals who enter the US are pretty much the same. Make money, send it back home, live off the government. Having a baby in the US puts illegals in a situation to remain in the US. The majority of children born in the US to illlegals tend to grow with the same mentality as the parents. The parents are illiterate, refuse to learn English, refuse to integrate into society, are not achievers. All they know is money in the moment. IMO those babies are not American citizens by virtue of being born in the US, they are documented citizens, as in they are allowed to remain in the US due to documentation (same as a green card). Exactly what quality of life could she provide for her children - a life living off the government?

There needs to be a complete overhaul of US laws regarding illegals and the "right" to citizenship. One parent should be an American citizen for the child to qualify for citizenship. That would also include the status of the child receiving government benefits. This would also apply to anyone who enters the US legally, on a visa, who gives birth in the US. Many people travel to the states just for the purpose of having the baby that will get instant citizenship, which allows the parents to travel on the child's passport. If neither parent is a citizen and the illegal is caught, the child automatically should accompany the parent(s) upon deportation. Stop creating a mentality with the illegals that they are entitled to the same entitlements/benefits as a US citizen.

What it boils down to is this: if she wasn't in the country illegally, all of this would never have happened to her, the children, and the adoptive parents. She was the catalyst for all the problems. Unfortunately, she is now suffering the consequences of her action - being caught in the US illegally.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:21 PM

487 posts, read 993,374 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by softblueyz View Post
Where's dada???

She was working and left her 6 month old with who??

4-1/2 years after she was arrested she's still in the US? What exactly does she think that she can give that child that the adoptive parents can't? I'm sure when the adoptive parents applied for adoption the father revealed his past mistakes, and in spite of his mistakes the adoption went through.

What the US needs to do is NOT allow these children be put up for adoption until the parent is set to be deported and is given the option to take the child back to their home country with them or relinquish parental rights and leave the child in the US.

I don't get how illegals think that having a child that is a US citizen gives them a free pass if caught. There are consequences to being in the US illegally - to them and as a result, their children. If her children weren't US citizens they would have been deported together. Maybe the word has to get out to illegals that their US children will not keep them in the US nor will it give them a pass against the crime that they committed, which was entering and being in the US illegally.
You are missing the point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration