Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2007, 06:22 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,272 times

Advertisements

<snip: copyrighted article>

WorldNetDaily: Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily

SPREAD THE WORD!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 08:06 PM

989 posts, read 2,761,608 times
Default Give your source

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
Though no federal statistics are kept on murders or any other crimes committed by illegal aliens, a number of groups have produced estimates based on data collected from prisons, news reports and independent research.

While the federal government doesn't track illegal alien murders, illegal alien rapes or illegal alien drunk driving deaths, it has studied illegal aliens incarcerated in U.S. prisons.
Please provide a link to one of these "estimates".

Old 06-05-2007, 08:31 PM

452 posts, read 1,132,126 times
That information may be found at WorldNetDaily.com in an article by Joseph Farah, 11-28-2006.

Quote:
Twelve Americans are murdered every day by illegal aliens, according to statistics released by Rep. Steve King, R-Iowa. If those numbers are correct, it translates to 4,380 Americans murdered annually by illegal aliens. That's 21,900 since Sept. 11, 2001.
WorldNetDaily: Illegal aliens murder 12 Americans daily

Old 06-05-2007, 08:36 PM

47 posts, read 129,400 times
Is that website credible? Those numbers seem extremely high! I seriously doubt that 45,625 Americans have been killed by illegal immigrants since 2001.

Old 06-05-2007, 08:43 PM

47 posts, read 129,400 times
I don't know which article you read, eaglecall, but nowhere in that particular article does it state 45,625 Americans have been killed by illegal aliens.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:05 PM

398 posts, read 1,409,272 times
For those 2 clowns who gave me bad reputation:

The article was deleted because of copyright. However, Evlevo, you can click on the link and it will give you the information about who has made these estimates and based on what.

Second, read the article first, then try to sum 2+2. The article clearily says, there are an estimated 21,900 Americans killed by illegal aliens since September 2001. Then, it says, besides that number, 23,725 have been killed in traffic accidents, specifically by drunk illegal aliens. So that is 21,900+23,725=45,625.

Smell here like some people feels hurt by even using the word "illegal"....that's interesting.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:50 PM

Quote:
Is that website credible? Those numbers seem extremely high! I seriously doubt that 45,625 Americans have been killed by illegal immigrants since 2001.
I find the information to be credible, all you have to do is watch the news or read the paper.

Old 06-05-2007, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaglecall View Post
For those 2 clowns who gave me bad reputation:

The article was deleted because of copyright. However, Evlevo, you can click on the link and it will give you the information about who has made these estimates and based on what.

Second, read the article first, then try to sum 2+2. The article clearly says, there are an estimated 21,900 Americans killed by illegal aliens since September 2001. Then, it says, besides that number, 23,725 have been killed in traffic accidents, specifically by drunk illegal aliens. So that is 21,900+23,725=45,625.

Smell here like some people feels hurt by even using the word "illegal"....that's interesting.
I call B.S.

What basis does King have to make this claim? (Please post what you have.)

To say that 4,300 murders per year are caused by illegal aliens is pretty far fetched. The TOTAL annual murder rate is about 16,000. You you really believe that over 25% are caused by illegal aliens? If true there should be loads of evidence to support that.

Table 1 - Crime in the United States 2005 (http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/05cius/data/table_01.html - broken link)

from the (highly respectedWorldNetDaily)
Quote:

While no one – in or out of government – tracks traffic accidents caused by illegal aliens, the statistical and anecdotal evidence suggests many of last year's 42,636 road deaths involved illegal aliens.

A report by the AAA Foundation for Traffic Study found 20 percent of fatal accidents involve at least one driver who lacks a valid license. In California, another study showed that those who have never held a valid license are about five times more likely to be involved in a fatal road accident than licensed drivers.
This is using VERY shaky logic! First of all, anecdotal evidence isn't worth much, and in a "report" it is totally worthless. Second, not everyone who doesn't have a license is an illegal (look no further than 13 year olds joyriding or the currently jailed Paris Hilton as proof). Also, the AAA report says "involve at least one driver who lacks a valid license". That statement includes "illegal immigrants" who were the innocent party and got killed. I know from my days taking vehicle collision calls for the PD in California that illegal immigrants are not the "at fault" party quite a bit.

Also, what evidence does your "sources" have to control for illegal immigrants being part of those car victims, or the victim of "illegal on illegal" crime? That's the problem with writing "studies" based on stories... you just don't know.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:58 PM

Quote:
Evlevo
Let’s see here, you are or were a Police Officer and you’re married to an immigrant. The reeducation by the "The Party" and the "Thought Police" must have worked. It seems as though you have become the poster child to "The Party", A Good Little Party Member that is now employed or formerly employed with "The Thought Police."

Quote:
Speaking of cops, my two-wheeled journey took me a few hundred yards down the road onto an overpass that crosses over Interstate 70. There, sitting along the highway, was an Ohio State Highway Patrolman with his radar gun shooting at on-coming traffic in the west-bound lanes. “Protecting and serving,” I mumbled to myself, “Probably part of the ‘click-it or ticket’ program being promoted by the safety Nazis.” Funny isn’t it, how much money the “authorities” make by enforcing laws that make us “safer”? Wouldn’t his time, and our money, be better spent looking for car-jackers, or rapists, or illegal aliens?

I heard somewhere, (it could have been me talking to myself on one of my previous bike rides) that you really aren’t committing a crime if there is no victim. In fact, victimless crimes are a whole new genre’ of offenses that have been codified into law. Most of them are nothing more than do-good legislation sponsored by those whose palms are greased by “special interest groups.” The insurance companies want us to buckle-up so they “encourage” some pencil-neck to write it into law. Now our cops spend their time monitoring law-abiding citizens rather than chasing the criminals. Write a law, create a crime, produce a criminal, and make a buck. Is America a great country or what?

Most of what we call laws is nothing more than the intrusion of government into the lives of otherwise peaceful citizens. Every time I see a State Trooper sitting with his radar gun blazing I can’t help but wonder what the real criminals are doing while this policeman stalks the unbuckled? While thousands of man-hours are spent making sure my seat-belt is secure, and my speedometer is not over the posted limit, crime is exploding all around us.

I think law enforcement officials understand the game. They know that they can’t keep criminals from committing crime so they spend most of their efforts making sure that law-abiding citizens are controlled. They must never allow the law-abiders realize that they could get away with breaking the law. “Leave the career criminals alone and go get those dangerous folks who fail to buckle-up.” As my father-in-law likes to remind me the purpose of a law is to keep honest people honest.
Dave Daubenmire -- Policing the Law-Abiding

I think this is someone you should study,

Jim Kouri

His web-site,
Jim Kouri, CPP

Web-sites with his articles,
Jim Kouri column

Jim Kouri -- Archives

Old 06-05-2007, 11:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chloedog View Post
Let’s see here, you are or were a Police Officer and you’re married to an immigrant. The reeducation by the "The Party" and the "Thought Police" must have worked. It seems as though you have become the poster child to "The Party", A Good Little Party Member that is now employed or formerly employed with "The Thought Police."

Dave Daubenmire -- Policing the Law-Abiding

I think this is someone you should study,

Jim Kouri

His web-site,
Jim Kouri, CPP

Web-sites with his articles,
Jim Kouri column

Jim Kouri -- Archives

Wow, since when did the thread topic change to "EVLEVO" (and I didn't marry an illegal immigrant, so why even bring that up)?

BTW, around 90% of criminals with "outstanding warrants" are caught on routine traffic stops (why do you think they give "traffic" officers guns?). Ted Bundy was arrested 3 times (the original capture, plus two escapes). All three times he was caught on traffic stops. I've even known officers who won't tow a gang member's 1-year expired car because it gives them an easy excuse to stop (and search) again.

If anyone is still a bit unclear... (for those who've ever been pulled over) ask yourselves why the officer keeps you sitting there so long... he/she is likely running your vehicle as well as your D/L to check for outstanding warrants, etc.

In California it is an automatic 30 day impound if you don't have a DL (which is most of the illegals who drive). Everytime without hesitation I would impound the car (even if they were the victim of a hit-and-run).

Selling books to neo-cons and doing real police work are two completely separate things.

PS, I'd still like to see some of those "reports" cited in the OP, and a sentence in a dubious newsletter doesn't cut it for me (for those that it does "cut it", enjoy).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration