Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2012, 10:20 PM

1 posts, read 1,127 times

Advertisements

Moderator cut: previously banned troll, thread closed

Last edited by Yac; 06-25-2012 at 03:13 AM..

Old 06-23-2012, 08:04 AM

20,523 posts, read 15,958,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by iturbide19811 View Post
Moderator cut: orphaned
Uh; Arizona is 1 of those states that people STILL want to move to. I ain't that worried about Americans not doing those jobs.

Immigration reform: NO more immigration from Mexico for a few years; let the Argentines, Nigerians, Germans, Japanese and so on have a shot in coming to the US.

Last edited by Yac; 06-25-2012 at 03:13 AM..

Old 06-23-2012, 01:24 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,862,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
...Immigration reform: NO more immigration from Mexico for a few years; let the Argentines, Nigerians, Germans, Japanese and so on have a shot in coming to the US.
There has never been any explanation on this forum how a decrease of immigrants from one country qualifies any potential immigrant from another country to come instead...

But you are welcome to try...

By saying "immigration reform" it sounds like you want to change immigration policies rather than immigrants following existing laws...

Old 06-23-2012, 03:03 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,610,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
There has never been any explanation on this forum how a decrease of immigrants from one country qualifies any potential immigrant from another country to come instead...

I believe you are referring to those of us who believe that due to massive illegal immigration from Mexico, our legal immigration system has been hijacked. Or, do you believe we have unlimited immigration slots, not to mention, resources and jobs, and can therefore accommodate all who wish to enter illegally from Mexico, as well as countless millions of legal immigrants from other countries?

Furthermore, why should only one country account for the majority of immigration, both legal and illegal? How is that fair to other countries whose citizens are waiting for the opportunity to enter this country through legal channels? Illegal aliens have tarnished the image of immigrants in general. Without this massive invasion, immigration would not be an issue. After all, we are already THE most generous "immigrant" country in the world.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:40 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,355,263 times
Quote:

By saying "immigration reform" it sounds like you want to change immigration policies rather than immigrants following existing laws...
I don't know what policies are in place for immigration based on nationality quotas these days. However, this is something that needs to be addressed in order for our country to remain diversified and for immigrants to assimilate rather than colonizing which dilutes our own identity, culture and language. I don't think that policy should be altered just because someone has a loved one who lives here either. That's just my opinion.

Old 06-23-2012, 03:50 PM

Quote:

Mexico has already sent lots of legal aliens here; it's time to cut things OFF for a few years so other countries can have a shot. Mexico's already way past its quota IMHO.

Old 06-23-2012, 05:00 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,862,288 times
Three replies, but no one able to articulate how less immigrants, legal or illegal, from one or more countries, is able to qualify (for the purposes of immigration) potential immigrants to come legally from other countries...

Old 06-23-2012, 05:37 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,355,263 times
Quote:
Three replies, but no one able to articulate how less immigrants, legal or illegal, from one or more countries, is able to qualify (for the purposes of immigration) potential immigrants to come legally from other countries...
My reply was that we need quotas from different nationalities regardless of what policies are in place today. You tell us then why there are more legal immigrants from Mexico and other Latino countries more than any others by far. How did that happen?

Old 06-23-2012, 05:58 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,610,711 times
Quote:
If a stadium holds 80,000 and 50,000 entered without a ticket, yet were granted permission to remain in their seats, could all of the ticket holders be admitted, or would thousands be SOL?

If you don't understand that we do not have unlimited slots for legal immigration, and how having untold millions here illegally (regardless of their country of origin) impacts that process, I certainly can't help you. We can't accommodate the entire world.

Old 06-23-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
Read my post above yours. If Mexico gets mad; that's their problem. I didn't say "less" immigrants from Mexico; I said NO immigrants for a few years. Sheesh!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration