Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 05:14 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,192,873 times

Advertisements

They will have to be 'taxed' if they don't buy insurance. But many don't file anyway or some file with stolen Social Security numbers. I've even read reports that they are getting EIC payments for children they have in Mexico.

How do you think this will work?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 05:18 PM

749 posts, read 839,753 times
Easy....they don't plan to. After all, you don't want to pizz off your constituents.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:24 PM

89 posts, read 122,336 times
By giving them amnesty of course. How else would it work?

Old 07-03-2012, 07:27 PM

1,150 posts, read 1,179,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
They will have to be 'taxed' if they don't buy insurance. But many don't file anyway or some file with stolen Social Security numbers. I've even read reports that they are getting EIC payments for children they have in Mexico.

How do you think this will work?
It will be another one of those things they're not held accountable for, that citizens are.
As to claiming children they have in Mexico, I've heard they also claim nieces and nephews living in Mexico. Supposedly Congress is closing the loophole that allows them to claim EIC though, so we'll see. I don't know how they'll stop those using fake or stolen SS#s.

Old 07-03-2012, 07:54 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,583,836 times
Nothing changes for illegals. They can buy healthcare if they want from the government pool but won't get any subsidies.
If they don't, no penalty and they will still get treated at the ERs.

Old 07-03-2012, 10:28 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,139,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayarcy View Post
It will be another one of those things they're not held accountable for, that citizens are.
As to claiming children they have in Mexico, I've heard they also claim nieces and nephews living in Mexico. Supposedly Congress is closing the loophole that allows them to claim EIC though, so we'll see. I don't know how they'll stop those using fake or stolen SS#s.
In reality, they will never close the loopholes that allow them to steal SS#s, claim EIC, public housing and welfare checks. Not as long as you have the communist in chief (Obama) and his minions in the white house.

If you look at the policies he has put in place, the laws he has bypassed or ignored, it becomes obvious
that the will of the American people mean nothing to hin.

Case in point ? The "Dream Act" which he admited he had bo authority to act on, but, did anyway. His
rational for that fiasco, at a time millions of real American's are jobless, was "they deserved it". He then
declared "Executive Privielege" made it legal. Add to that the fact that he refuses to enforce "287G" in
AZ. He won't prosecute his head weasle Eric Holder and is complicit in the "cover up" is just one more point aainst him.

He is pushing amnesty, whether we want it or not. Wake up America or in another 4 years we willl be just another 3rd world country. Rommeny might be the lesser of two evils., but, at least we know which
side he's on. Not so with Obama.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:02 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,767,958 times
Obama was very careful on that. He was very specific that illegals can continue to expect all free health care, but are not going to be required to pay the tax or the penalty. All the illegals are exempt from Obamacare costs. You don't think he was going to risk losing their votes did you?

Old 07-04-2012, 06:28 AM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Obama was very careful on that. He was very specific that illegals can continue to expect all free health care, but are not going to be required to pay the tax or the penalty. All the illegals are exempt from Obamacare costs. You don't think he was going to risk losing their votes did you?
Although I think there is enough evidence to believe that at least some illegal aliens do vote I don't think Obama is going after their vote in particular. It is the Hispanic-American vote which is much larger that he is pandering to. Which is very troubling that we have an ethnic group of Americans in this country that put ethnic ties above the laws of this country.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:20 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,767,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagonut View Post
Although I think there is enough evidence to believe that at least some illegal aliens do vote I don't think Obama is going after their vote in particular. It is the Hispanic-American vote which is much larger that he is pandering to. Which is very troubling that we have an ethnic group of Americans in this country that put ethnic ties above the laws of this country.
Yes but about 30% of those labeled as "hispanics" are not like that. There are "hispanics" with their family roots in the USA who care about the same things other Americans care about and don't want enormous taxes and unlimited immigration. Cesar Chavez for example -- he worked against illegals being brought in, at that time the UFW understood the relationship with illegals and wages.

I think there should be other labels. "Hispanic" is kind of a strange label because it doesn't indicate citizenship, legal status, race, language, ethnicity, or much of anything. I think a term that Vicente Fox used describes these people who believe in unlimited immigration for Mexicans and Central Americans as the "Mexican diaspora". The Mexican diaspora has no intention of becoming Americans, they rather dislike what they call "gringos" but they do love the gringo money. US citizenship is just a convenient piece of paper that helps them get more of that gringo money and access to everything they want out of the USA.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:19 PM

14,306 posts, read 13,333,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Yes but about 30% of those labeled as "hispanics" are not like that. There are "hispanics" with their family roots in the USA who care about the same things other Americans care about and don't want enormous taxes and unlimited immigration. Cesar Chavez for example -- he worked against illegals being brought in, at that time the UFW understood the relationship with illegals and wages.

I think there should be other labels. "Hispanic" is kind of a strange label because it doesn't indicate citizenship, legal status, race, language, ethnicity, or much of anything. I think a term that Vicente Fox used describes these people who believe in unlimited immigration for Mexicans and Central Americans as the "Mexican diaspora". The Mexican diaspora has no intention of becoming Americans, they rather dislike what they call "gringos" but they do love the gringo money. US citizenship is just a convenient piece of paper that helps them get more of that gringo money and access to everything they want out of the USA.
In my post I mentioned Hispanic-Americans. That means they are citizens of this country of the Hispanic culture. I have never claimed that all Hispanic-Americans are advocates for these illegal aliens, however the polls prove out that the majority of them are and that is what is troubling to me. Not only do the polls prove that out but my personal experiences with them do also. Look at all the so-called "immigrant rights" groups that are usually led by Hispanic-Americans. Major Hispanic groups are also of the same mindset like the NCLR. How about Hispanic politicians? Same deal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration