Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2007, 03:21 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,492,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Well we got about thirty thousand US soldiers in S. Korea, plus another sixty thousand in Germany that are basically doing nothing. Put those numbers on the border and we won't have any problems at all.
Obviously your government thinks countries with Nuclear capabilities and location relative to the 2 WARS we have going on, are more important than keeping Mexicans out. I think they have a bigger picture than you do on this one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2007, 03:25 PM

1,511 posts, read 977,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducter View Post
I didnt say fence. SECURE the border

If the border is secure..no more illegal immigration. Maybe because it is that simple of a first step you and others want to take focus away from that very simple fact...
securing the border effectively would cost billions if not trillions. it is much more cost effective to change the problem at its true source: the mexican government. a better life for the common man in mexico would eliminate their need to migrate. your solution would not only be a huge investment (and if it failed, a huge waste of money), but it would leave a neighboring nation in a desolate state. out of sight, out of mind?

Old 10-04-2007, 03:25 PM

3,955 posts, read 7,195,871 times
South Korea and Germany have armies that can defend themselves. Nothing would happen to either of those nations if we withdrew our military.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
South Korea and Germany have armies that can defend themselves. Nothing would happen to either of those nations if we withdrews our military.
i agree. i dont know why we feel the need to militarily involve ourselves with other countries. all it does is keep the arms suppliers financed and stretch our standing army too thin. we could take all the money we spend on occupying these countries and actually feed them with it. that would be beautiful.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:27 PM

Quote:
South Korea and Germany have armies that can defend themselves. Nothing would happen to either of those nations if we withdrew our military.
It is about logistics, Germany and Korea are logistically close to all of our enemies.

Mexico is not our enemy, they are our neighbors.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
indeed....

Old 10-04-2007, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50Thunderdart View Post
It is about logistics, Germany and Korea are logistically close to all of our enemies.

The thirty thousand we have in South Korea or the sixty thousand we have in Germany are not going to make a difference in saving either of those nations. Hell I think they are in more danger being there than they would be at home. I mean we could lose all thirty thousand in South Korea if North Korea decided to attack.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:32 PM

8,289 posts, read 13,559,257 times
saw this on CNN last night and that Vet committed a property crime and hopefully he will be charged.

Old 10-04-2007, 03:32 PM

With a neighbor like Mexico we don't need any enemies.lol

Old 10-04-2007, 03:35 PM

Quote:
The thirty thousand we have in South Korea or the sixty thousand we have in Germany are not going to make a difference in saving either of those nations. Hell I think they are in more danger being there than they would be at home. I mean we could lose all thirty thousand in South Korea if North Korea decided to attack.
I am going to be nice to you and explain this, not condescending at all.

The troops are there to maintain our geographical locations close to our enemies and to have a presence globally.

America has over 700 bases in 36 countries for the same reason. America is protecting their interests.

Military of the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration