Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 05:10 PM

62,935 posts, read 29,126,415 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
This is two and a half pounds of bologna!
What is?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2012, 05:30 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
They don't even need to be related to illegal immigrants or who have friends who are. Most Americans of Mexican descent that I have spoken with about this issue defend illegal immigrants because most illegal immigrants are Mexicans. It is as if their loyalty is to Mexicans and consider them their family moreso than their fellow Americans of all ethnic groups. Luis Gutierrez was on O'Reilly the other night and that is the way he explained it also. It's very troubling especially since they are a growing demographic. If our politicians don't cave into their demands they threaten to withold their votes.

It is puzzling when they try to compare the plight of illegal immigrants to the Civil Rights movement when blacks were citizens of this country and illegal immigrants don't even have a right to be here. Where is the comparison?
Your post is pretty right on the money. I do have a lot of mexican friends, actually i have friends all nationalities, and different colors. Does not matter more of what is inside.

However this is one topic that i cannot discuss with my mexican friends, some of who, will defend illegal immigrants to the very end, why argue, and get stressed, i will not win.

Even those who are born in this Country, have a loyality to their own. Not all, i do have some very good friends who are American Born Mexicans, who disagree with the stance on illegal immigration, and they will let you know why. But they are few and far behind the rest.
Hard to understand really, how they can compare the plight of lawless illegal immigrants to those of the Civil Rights Movement.

They do not feel as i do. I am Italain nationality, and if these were Italian illegals coming to this Country, i would be just as pissed. For my Ancestors had to go thru hell and high water, to become Citizens of this Country. This is a slap in the face however, to all of our realitives who came to this Country wanting a better life, went thru hell and high water, to become a citizen, learn the language, and some think that they can walk all over those who came to this Country legally. Pisses me the hell gosh dang off.

Old 11-19-2012, 06:14 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,559,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicket View Post
This is two and a half pounds of bologna!
Perhaps you'd like to point to the bolgna in the following post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory
He was promised by congress that it would be secured. Congress failed him and he lived to regret signing that amnesty. It was also promised that there would never be another amnesty and look what has happened long after he left office and died.

Quote:
Public Law 99-603 (Act of 11/6/86), which was passed in order to control and deter illegal immigration to the United States. Its major provisions stipulate legalization of undocumented aliens who had been continuously unlawfully present since 1982, legalization of certain agricultural workers, sanctions for employers who knowingly hire undocumented workers, and increased enforcement at U.S. borders.
USCIS - Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986 (IRCA)

Reagan on immingration 2 - YouTube

The "new" law will be a repeat of the current. Likewise, the results will be the same -- no enforcement, more illegal immigration, and ANOTHER amnesty once illegal immigration is AGAIN out of control. How stupid is this country?

Old 11-20-2012, 10:59 AM

5,299 posts, read 4,846,670 times
Quote:
Amusingly, you are quoting an article that shows the opposite of what you are trying to disprove: That more deportations are happening to those without criminal records. The article doesn't discount the higher numbers of deportations under President Obama, it is reporting that only around 15% of deportees have criminal records.

So your quote reports about 85% of current deportations are in instances where there is not a criminal record...

So much for saying a felony is required to be removed from the country...

Old 11-20-2012, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Amusingly, you are quoting an article that shows the opposite of what you are trying to disprove: That more deportations are happening to those without criminal records. The article doesn't discount the higher numbers of deportations under President Obama, it is reporting that only around 15% of deportees have criminal records.

So your quote reports about 85% of current deportations are in instances where there is not a criminal record...

So much for saying a felony is required to be removed from the country...
The fact remains that Obama did not deport criminal aliens in the numbers that were claimed. In the count of deportees those turned away at the border were also included. Another fact is that Homeland Security was told to prioritize deporting criminal aliens over those who don't have a felony record. He told Homeland Security/ICE if the state of Arizona calls about having a non-felon illegal immigrant in custody not to go get them. I would imagine he specifically mentioned Arizona because of his grudge with Governor Brewer. However, the fact is that any illegal immigrant that doesn't have a felony on their record will remain untouched.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:02 PM

Quote:
The fact remains that Obama did not deport criminal aliens in the numbers that were claimed...
But you were responding about the total number of deportations:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1984 View Post
...I believe Obama has deported more illegals than any other president...
Quote:
Quote:
...In the count of deportees those turned away at the border were also included. Another fact is that Homeland Security was told to prioritize deporting criminal aliens over those who don't have a felony record. He told Homeland Security/ICE if the state of Arizona calls about having a non-felon illegal immigrant in custody not to go get them. I would imagine he specifically mentioned Arizona because of his grudge with Governor Brewer...
Can you source these quotes?...

Quote:
...However, the fact is that any illegal immigrant that doesn't have a felony on their record will remain untouched.
To which the article you quote totally refutes any such notion: 85% of deportations were without criminal records...

Old 11-20-2012, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
But you were responding about the total number of deportations:

Can you source these quotes?...

To which the article you quote totally refutes any such notion: 85% of deportations were without criminal records...
I stated my case accurately in my last post. The link I provided says that Homeland Security will be priortizing deportations. Perhaps you missed it? You're confusing those who were already set for deportation during Obama's early first term and what his new policy has been the past few months. In the past links have been provided about what Homeland Security/ICE were told to do if Arizona officials call them about an illegal immigrant without a felony conviction....don't pick them up. In fact the topic was discussed just recently. Short memory? I don't intend to get involved with your circular arguments and bantering back and forth over and over on the topics.

Old 11-20-2012, 12:28 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,440,811 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post
I would never support the criminal acts of someone simply because we happen to share a race or ethnicity. The only explanation I can come up with for their mindset and support of illegal aliens is that they are the racists. It seems that everyone(particularly illegal mexicans, many of whom are some of the most racist people on the planet) wants to cash in their ticket to citizenship by blackmailing America because of it's unfortunate history of racism.

You think exactly as i do. If these were Italians as illegal immigrants, i would still not welcome them, what, and that being a slap in the face to my ancestors and others who came willingly to become citizens.

And by the way went thru hell and high water to come here, and to become citizens no matter how long it took. And they managed to learn the language, broken english, but no doubt they learned the language.

I don't care if they were my nationality, i was taught that wrong is wrong, and because someone shares my nationality, means not a damn thing, if that means they can break the laws. I can't, you can't ,why should they be able too!

The audacity of these people and how they think that they stand out more then others. But we created this mess, and this mess shall cease to not ever go away.

I only see this problem escalating, and those who are going to pay this high price, will be our children, and their children!

Old 11-20-2012, 02:14 PM

3,183 posts, read 7,203,193 times
The only thing these people are owed is quick severe punishment for their crimes...Lets deal with this first.

Old 11-20-2012, 06:06 PM

Quote:
I stated my case accurately in my last post. The link I provided says that Homeland Security will be priortizing deportations. Perhaps you missed it? You're confusing those who were already set for deportation during Obama's early first term and what his new policy has been the past few months. In the past links have been provided about what Homeland Security/ICE were told to do if Arizona officials call them about an illegal immigrant without a felony conviction....don't pick them up. In fact the topic was discussed just recently. Short memory? I don't intend to get involved with your circular arguments and bantering back and forth over and over on the topics.
The data of your quoted article is on Fiscal Year 2011, the latest available. It reports over 85% of 396,906 deportees had no criminal record. This isn't about any "circular arguments" or "bantering back and forth", you quoted the article (and the ICE news release it is based on: FY 2011: ICE announces year-end removal numbers, highlights focus on key priorities including threats to public safety and national security) to show the mutually exclusive positions that ICE under President Obama's administration is not deporting enough aliens with criminal records and any of those without them.

Every single one of almost 400,000 deportations has to be in one group or the other, which one is it?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration