Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 04:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,865,638 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Obama is between a rock and a hard place. He needs to placate latino voters somehow, but he doesn't want to lose the support of his corporate sponsors that rely on illegal immigrant labor to sustain themselves. Who knows, maybe Obama and the Democrats will just give lip service to the latino community and throw them under the bus like he does with the black community, knowing that he has their vote in his back pocket no matter what he does and the liberal media will not dare criticize a sitting Democrat president, especially the first black one. The latino community wants legalization, his corporate sponsors wants them to continue to be illegal. Once legalized, their source of cheap labor is gone, and thus the need to import more and more
Tho it's gonna be harder to have more Hispanic illegal aliens since Mexicans ain't known for big families anymore and Mexico don't play nice with OTM's; even other Hispanics there illegally. It's gonna be real hard to import millions of illegals from other countries IMHO.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2012, 04:53 PM

1,575 posts, read 1,731,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
You've got that right. And, we will bite again, only much, much harder.

I think illegals and their supporters are under the impression Obama's victory equals an amnesty mandate. They don't realize many people who voted for him (including some Hispanics) also vehemently oppose illegal immigration. Let him try to pass amnesty.

Dreamies had better be thankful for DACA, because that is all they will get.
I truly hope that you are right. However, since he is building a 35 million dollar home for his family, he nor they will ever have to suffer and endure any of his actions in the future.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:16 PM

62,727 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Lets see. Obama got the:

Black vote
Hispanic vote
Youth vote
Muslim vote
Asian vote
Jewish vote
Poor vote
Union Vote
Single woman vote
And even a good percentage of the White male and Married female vote.

How he did not win by a land slide is beyond me
Romney got a share of those votes also. In case you didn't know it the popular vote was very close.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:41 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,379,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
It's absolutely mind-boggling. The MSM is now only mentioning the "Hispanic vote" as if they alone were responsible. I think it's safe to assume non-Hispanics no longer matter. But, let's see how far the next candidate can go with ONLY the Hispanic vote.
I called this early in the cycle. The vote was close in a few critical states and they made a difference in three of them. When other groups don't show a propensity to switch their votes the only thing left is pander to the new group that may swing elections.

This will probably backfire on the GOP but it has to be done. We tried to stop the illegals but we didn't get the political cover necessary.

Watch when this is announced the phones will go crazy and many of those calling will be from people who voted for Obama. Elections have consequences amnesty is going to be a reality.

Old 11-08-2012, 05:45 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,379,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Obama is between a rock and a hard place. He needs to placate latino voters somehow, but he doesn't want to lose the support of his corporate sponsors that rely on illegal immigrant labor to sustain themselves. Who knows, maybe Obama and the Democrats will just give lip service to the latino community and throw them under the bus like he does with the black community, knowing that he has their vote in his back pocket no matter what he does and the liberal media will not dare criticize a sitting Democrat president, especially the first black one. The latino community wants legalization, his corporate sponsors wants them to continue to be illegal. Once legalized, their source of cheap labor is gone, and thus the need to import more and more
The Black community has been thrown under the bus by Obama that's a given. They're irrelevant, Obama said in an interview off the record that if he wins it'll be because of Hispanics. A first blush at the numbers reveal that one can make that argument.

He does owe them and they'll be rewarded with amnesty. Boehner has already signaled a willingness to deal. The amnesty train has left the station the only question is if it'll reach its destination during the lame duck or 113th Congress?

Boehner says House will act on immigration bill - Washington Times

Old 11-08-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I called this early in the cycle. The vote was close in a few critical states and they made a difference in three of them. When other groups don't show a propensity to switch their votes the only thing left is pander to the new group that may swing elections.

This will probably backfire on the GOP but it has to be done. We tried to stop the illegals but we didn't get the political cover necessary.

Watch when this is announced the phones will go crazy and many of those calling will be from people who voted for Obama. Elections have consequences amnesty is going to be a reality.
You gotta remember that Obama barely won the popular vote; it was very close. Obama no longer needs Hispanics, Blacks or even anglo whites, he's the POTUS again.

I still think there won't be any amnesty for illegal aliens.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:14 PM

3,484 posts, read 2,866,247 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
You gotta remember that Obama barely won the popular vote; it was very close. Obama no longer needs Hispanics, Blacks or even anglo whites, he's the POTUS again.

I still think there won't be any amnesty for illegal aliens.
I hope he double crosses the illegals and their hispanic racist supporters. People are desperate for work right now. The last thing we need when millions of Americans unemployed are Mexican nationals who don't have a high school diploma, don't speak English, think ten bucks an hour a fortune and believe Americans should pay for their medical, housing and food costs.

The election was about meeting the needs of the middle class, repudiating theocracy and helping women. It was not about handing our tax dollars to hispanic foreigners.

Old 11-08-2012, 06:20 PM

62,727 posts, read 28,935,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
The Black community has been thrown under the bus by Obama that's a given. They're irrelevant, Obama said in an interview off the record that if he wins it'll be because of Hispanics. A first blush at the numbers reveal that one can make that argument.

He does owe them and they'll be rewarded with amnesty. Boehner has already signaled a willingness to deal. The amnesty train has left the station the only question is if it'll reach its destination during the lame duck or 113th Congress?

Boehner says House will act on immigration bill - Washington Times
Obama doesn't owe Hispanics the disrespect of our immigration laws for their votes. He was elected to protect Americans of all flavors and that includes our borders. That is his job not cowtowing to special interest groups who desire rewards for disregarding our laws. If the Republicans cave in I will be bitterly disappointed. That will be the end of the soveriergnty of this nation. I will never have a defeatist attitude about this problem....ever!

Old 11-08-2012, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eleanora1 View Post
I hope he double crosses the illegals and their hispanic racist supporters. People are desperate for work right now. The last thing we need when millions of Americans unemployed are Mexican nationals who don't have a high school diploma, don't speak English, think ten bucks an hour a fortune and believe Americans should pay for their medical, housing and food costs.

The election was about meeting the needs of the middle class, repudiating theocracy and helping women. It was not about handing our tax dollars to hispanic foreigners.
I think Obama will double cross the illegals and I'm def OK with that. He don't need them anymore.

Old 11-08-2012, 10:33 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,565,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Lets see. Obama got the:

Black vote
Hispanic vote
Youth vote
Muslim vote
Asian vote
Jewish vote
Poor vote
Union Vote
Single woman vote
And even a good percentage of the White male and Married female vote.

How he did not win by a land slide is beyond me
Yes exactly -- for a such a close election, it's amazing that Obama is gloating so much and thinks everyone but a few heterosexual white males voted for him.

He has no landslide, no mandate. He got little more than half the vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration