U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 07:04 AM

1,575 posts, read 1,656,968 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnTraveler View Post
I don't know what to make of this insanity any more, especially this quote:

“I strongly support state legislation that will allow every Chicagoan, regardless of legal status, to enjoy the rights and responsibilities that come with a driver’s license,”

What?! Rights and responsibilities? Driving is not a right. If they were responsible they would take the time to be a LEGAL citizen. As others have stated many of them cannot read signs, do not obey laws or simply do not know them, have no insurance. What happens when they run over your kid? Oops?

This is just nuts.
This entire situation is nuts. It's as if they have all lost their collective minds.

Quote:
Unlicensed, uninsured drivers are involved in almost 80,000 accidents in Illinois each year, resulting in $660 million in damage, according to the Illinois Highway Safety Coalition. Unlicensed immigrant drivers cost $64 million in damage claims alone.
http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2012...mmigrants?lite
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2012, 09:17 AM

4,853 posts, read 5,401,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post

Illinois officials push for illegal immigrant driver's licenses - Springfield, IL - The State Journal-Register

Granting drivers' licenses will not cure the fact that they can't speak or read English thus they cannot read traffic signs on our streets, the majority of which are in English. Additionally, they don't understand the rules of the roads or the signs. If they don't respect our immigration laws, what makes these idiots think that they will buy insurance and cease fleeing the scene of a traffic accident or even worse a fatality. The more I read out of the mouths of the political panderers the more twilight zone like this entire fiasco is getting.

You know they will accomodate them and have the test in several different languages right? Because this country is all about catering to law breakers who don't care about our laws at all.

Old 11-23-2012, 09:02 AM

46,270 posts, read 41,290,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PurpleRain_1 View Post

Illinois officials push for illegal immigrant driver's licenses - Springfield, IL - The State Journal-Register

Granting drivers' licenses will not cure the fact that they can't speak or read English thus they cannot read traffic signs on our streets, the majority of which are in English. Additionally, they don't understand the rules of the roads or the signs. If they don't respect our immigration laws, what makes these idiots think that they will buy insurance and cease fleeing the scene of a traffic accident or even worse a fatality. The more I read out of the mouths of the political panderers the more twilight zone like this entire fiasco is getting.
It's bad enough with the few tourists that rent cars. I can't imagine adding 10 million more non-English readers to the roads.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:23 AM

7,691 posts, read 4,639,387 times
First of all from someone that lives in the Chicago area, I can promise you there are more than 250,000 illegals here.

They are by FAR the WORST drivers as they drive under the speed limit, hog the left lane causing road rage, and there are tons of illegals crashing their cars drunk and damaging property or killing citizens.

The insurance industry does pay for these illegals, but I'm sure they transfer the cost to the consumer. So again, the middle class citizen gets the fist.

Brought to you by YOUR united states of American government. Reagan started the DISASTER with giving three million illegals amnesty in 1986.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
You know they will accomodate them and have the test in several different languages right? Because this country is all about catering to law breakers who don't care about our laws at all.
No doubt. They will probably have interpreters standing by to insure tha they fill in the correct circles in order to pass.

Old 11-24-2012, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
It's bad enough with the few tourists that rent cars. I can't imagine adding 10 million more non-English readers to the roads.
It's time to get that imagination in gear. I have no doubt that the process will be rubber stamped nationwide.

Old 11-24-2012, 07:08 PM

3,184 posts, read 6,768,264 times
I dont know any details about the Illinois plans but wonder if they will issue just the standard class c drivers license or will also give them A and B class license too. A and B are required for all commercial truck drivers nation wide. If they give the illegals a CDL ( class A and B ) then they could take the jobs now had by american citizens who are truck drivers. It would put hundreds of thousands of americans out of work...I bet even though the ones pushing for the illegals to get license know this but we wont hear them talk about it. Well Im asking right now. Will they issue class A ,B, and C licenses to the illegals? Maybe they in Illinois figure that by giving them drivers license they will leave and go elsewhere to steal driving jobs,,,,

Last edited by crestliner; 11-24-2012 at 08:09 PM..

Old 11-25-2012, 03:55 AM

7,691 posts, read 4,639,387 times
The politicians no longer work for the people. They have given the middle class and this country the fist!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration