Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2007, 09:22 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,508,748 times

Advertisements

Who cares what Mexico thinks? We cater to Mexico far too much as it is. And for what???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2007, 09:23 AM

457 posts, read 431,478 times
I don't give half a care what the mexican govt thinks. But, I care about what folks like Fella has to say. CHANGE will only occur if the Mexican citizens start pressuring their own govt to change, forcibly so, through revolution, if nescessary.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:34 AM

1,511 posts, read 978,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PApisces View Post
"WE" never "needed' them. Big business chose to use them and the govt turned a blind eye to the issue, in favor of Big Business's desire to pay bottom dollar for labor and charge top dollar for the fruits of the ILLEGALS labor.. In fact, big business and the govt STILL are. We, the People, are not any longer.
the people of the united states were able to live very comfortably in the early-mid 20th century (depression-era aside). it is our devaluation of the dollar that has changed our lifestyles, NOT immigration. immigration (and cheap immigrant labor) has been consistent throughout the history of the united states. why would our economy continue to fluctuate when our immigrant populace and workforce was stagnant?

the answer is simple: our government. just like mexico's government, and not their people, are to blame, it is the same here in america.

Old 10-14-2007, 09:38 AM

Quote:
I don't give half a care what the mexican govt thinks. But, I care about what folks like Fella has to say. CHANGE will only occur if the Mexican citizens start pressuring their own govt to change, forcibly so, through revolution, if nescessary.
yay! another myanmar! i cant wait!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:39 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,199,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crittersitter View Post
Who cares what Mexico thinks? We cater to Mexico far too much as it is. And for what???
Very well said! What does Mexico do for us? Its not like Mexico sent any soldiers to Afghanistan or Iraq!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
Very well said! What does Mexico do for us? Its not like Mexico sent any soldiers to Afghanistan or Iraq!
mexico has done quite a bit for us. read my link in the "one man's historically educated opinion" thread. first post.

Old 10-14-2007, 10:46 AM

14,044 posts, read 27,219,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
What do you think people? should we Mexican citizens become more involved in this debate and contribute with ideas?

Please don't get confused, I'm not talking about immigrants here but of mexican citizens, those of us who live in Mexico, pay taxes, respect laws, care about our home and want something done to keep improving it.

I think that thanks to us things are much better than 30 years ago, and they will keep getting better, I guess most of us worry about this immigration issue and I don't think it is be wise to give a blind eye to it and pretend nothing is happening, but what to do?

please share your thoughts, let's try to have a constructive, civilized debate with more head than gut.

Respect!
I think you asked a question with a bit of a different perspective, and in looking at the responses I don't see folks really addressing it.

What type of contribution do you think that the Mexican citizens can make to help address this issue?

Old 10-14-2007, 10:53 AM

1,354 posts, read 4,581,754 times
Quote:
I recently watched "Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee". Kind of a bad movie, but, it certainly reminded me of just how badly we treated the Native Americans. If ANYBODY in this country has the right to be angry, it is the Native Americans. I mean, the U.S. govt laced their blankets with smallpox, for gods sake!
Did you just find that out

Old 10-14-2007, 11:03 AM

402 posts, read 1,061,252 times
I would like to know that too and is it possible for you to be heard by your own government concerning your issues. Will they even care? You as the OP sound like you care what is going on with this issue. What are you doing to encourage you Powers that Be to make things better in your counbtry so your people can live comfortalby there?

Old 10-14-2007, 11:14 AM

15 posts, read 62,156 times
I am confused. Why would a Mexican citizen feel they should have a right to say anything about US gov't issues? The bigger issue is why isn't Mexico looking to create opportunities for their country so their citizens wouldn't want to come to the US illegally? I'm all for immigrants coming to the melting pot. However I'd like to see you come over legally to help create business, education or social advances. I'd rather not see a guy jump a fence, cram into a house, then send your kids to our already overcrowded school system.

I'm a Black American. Thus I do understand the meaning of discrimination. You have to use common sense here. A country can give influence to another country regarding a certain humanitary issue but you cannot come around and force a policy down our throats. For an example of this please see what's happening in Iraq.

Start a debate on how Mexico can keep residents by creating your own opportunities for its people to have a better quality of life. Then those who would still like to come to the US, can arrive legally with pride.
Good Luck--good posted question.
Autumn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration