Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-29-2012, 10:48 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,631,220 times

Advertisements

We should move on with this arrogance from them. Holding signs in Spanish & demanding our Govt bend over for them. We should toss them back over the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2012, 11:04 AM

4,421 posts, read 5,294,193 times
Well if the dreamers don't want this they might not get anthing.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:30 AM

62,353 posts, read 28,634,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post
We should move on with this arrogance from them. Holding signs in Spanish & demanding our Govt bend over for them. We should toss them back over the border.
Exactly! Why are these two apparent individuals in their mid to late teens holding signs in Spanish? Didn't they attend our schools and learn English?

Even Obama didn't promise a path to citizenship so just what is their beef with the Republican proposal? You give them an inch and they want a mile. Next they will be demanding that the proposals include legalization/citizenship for their parents. We could see the handwriting on the wall long ago with their constant new demands.

Old 11-29-2012, 11:40 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,488,668 times
This is typical Dreamie arrogance. Given their illegal status, they should be thankful for ANY opportunity. But, Obama and other pandering politicians have made them feel so emboldened, they actually believe they have a "right" to demand more. After all, we "owe" them the world. This is as ungrateful as a starving person demanding filet mignon while rejecting an all-you-can-eat buffet.

For people claiming to be so eager to pursue a college degree or serve in our military, I would expect Dreamies to welcome the Achieve Act. Could it be that few intend to complete college, and even fewer desire to join the military? Perhaps this will open the eyes of some of their bleeding heart supporters. Maybe they'll begin to see them for the ingrates they are.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:36 AM

9,240 posts, read 8,631,220 times
Let them reject it. They can go back to their country if they don't like it. After all they have broken the law & shouldn't be entitle.

Old 12-01-2012, 10:33 PM

31,826 posts, read 14,800,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by All American NYC View Post

It's not arrogance from them at all. They were brought here as children and grew up as an American. They know nothing else and are just trying to stay in a country that they have always known and believe they are a part of.

Old 12-01-2012, 11:05 PM

302 posts, read 471,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It's not arrogance from them at all. They were brought here as children and grew up as an American. They know nothing else and are just trying to stay in a country that they have always known and believe they are a part of.
Then why are the signs in Spanish?

Old 12-01-2012, 11:19 PM

31,826 posts, read 14,800,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadKittehs View Post
Then why are the signs in Spanish?
Are they in spanish...I have no idea. But what difference does it make what language they speak. That's their heritage. If I were in foreign country I would hope I could speak english....my native language...without repercussions by the citizens there.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:32 AM

62,353 posts, read 28,634,738 times
Quote:
Are they in spanish...I have no idea. But what difference does it make what language they speak. That's their heritage. If I were in foreign country I would hope I could speak english....my native language...without repercussions by the citizens there.
There was a picture posted in here of two of them holding signs in Spanish and at protests and marches there were many signs in Spanish. If this is the only country, culture, etc. they have ever known and they are begging to become Americans then why the need to do that when our language is English? You say it is their heritage then why would it be so terrible to go back to their "heritage"? Many of them have come here and have spent just as much time in their homelands as they have here.

It isn't about denying someone the right to speak another language but since they are begging to remain here claiming that this is the only country they have ever known it makes no sense to beg in a foreign language. If they went through our school system they know how to speak English.

Old 12-02-2012, 11:07 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,488,668 times
Quote:
As others have said, if they "know nothing else" why are they protesting in Spanish, the language of their "unknown" country? And, many were not brought here as children. Unless you consider someone who entered at 15-years-old a "child" who couldn't possibly remember his/her homeland. Please explain how a person "grew up" in this country if they're 20-years-old and have lived here for only 5 years. I would be willing to bet the majority were not brought here during infancy or early childhood, and do in fact "know" their countries of origin. Heck, some even entered in their teens without parents. Yet, they too, qualify for DACA. It's a farce, period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration