U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2012, 04:56 PM

47,531 posts, read 63,161,959 times

Advertisements

With hispanic poverty rising very fast, a lowered birth rate can only be a good thing.

Lowered birth rates to people who cannot afford their children is --impoverished people need to finish educations and find jobs instead of cranking out baby after baby. Hispanic illegitimacy rates are sky high --- certainly a very large portion of hispanic illegitimate births include births to women here illegally. We all benefit immensely if they learn to limit their births.

Large families are fine --- if and only if they aren't taxpayer burdens.

Also birth rates are down in Mexico -- and you don't hear any alarm bells going off in Mexico about that. They're doing better without the sky high birth rates which of course are the highest in the indigent classes.
Rate this post positively

Old 11-30-2012, 05:58 PM

39,667 posts, read 35,493,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Apparently, you missed this. . .

Please see the last sentence of the above quote. It clearly states that "most" of the births are to Hispanic women who were born outside the U.S. Do I also need to post data on the "first time in U.S. history" we have had more illegal immigration than legal?

You should know by now, I don't make up stuff. As requested. . . .

Illegal Immigrant Births - At Your Expense - CBS News

Congratulations! There are millions of Hispanics in this country legally who give birth. I have no problem with that. As long as I don't have to support them, more power to them. I assume your stepdaughter and/or her husband work to support the child. However, the fact remains, illegal immigration accounts for the majority of births.

Sorry, but "minority" has become another code word for Hispanic, just as "undocumented" is a euphemism for illegal alien. I don't make those silly rules, nor do I subscribe to them. In my opinion, it's ridiculous, because Hispanic is not a race. I am still trying to understand how a "white" Hispanic can be a minority.

You started this thread, why don't you prove they aren't. And, if they aren't, why did you post this in the Illegal Immigration forum?
So the biggest abusers of the social service network and tax payer dollars are taking the biggest hit in birth rate, awesome. Sometimes there is a jewel in a recession even if it's hidden.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:19 PM

5,302 posts, read 4,335,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
If it is true that the non-hispanic white birth rates are so much higher than the Hispanic birthrates in this country then would you mind explaining why so many pro-illegal immigrants come into this forum rubbing their high birthrates in our faces claiming that whites have literally stopped producing babies and that they (Hispanics) will be the majority in this country in a very short time? Surely you have read those posts but I have never seen you correct them on it.
I didn't say that non-Hispanic Whites have higher birth or fertility rates...

Time for a math lesson. "Non-Hispanic Whites" are 63.7% of the U.S. population on the 2010 Census. Despite having close to two million babies last year (just under 50%, but the largest amount of any single ethnicity), it is below the "replacement level" for those 63.7% of non-Hispanic Whites. Even though other ethnicities have lower (Asians, whom need immigration to stay at a replacement level), close to (Blacks), or slightly above (notably Hispanics) the replacement level on birthrates, they are lower percentages of the U.S. population.

Old 11-30-2012, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
So the biggest abusers of the social service network and tax payer dollars are taking the biggest hit in birth rate, awesome. Sometimes there is a jewel in a recession even if it's hidden.
Understanding that Whites and Blacks have higher numbers on welfare than Hispanics...

Old 11-30-2012, 07:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
My wife and I have no children and planned that over 20 years ago.
It's not just America that has an historic drop in birth rates, it's also considered at "crisis " levels in most of Europe as well.

Worldwide population across the board is an issue that needs addressing as the earths resources continue to shrink at alarming rates.

The world would be a far better place without human blight.

my wife and I never asked to be born but we certainly had it within our power not to add to the problem of world population and we did something about it.
A few years back I got in a discussion with someone promoting zero-population growth in the United States. He proposed cutting nearly all legal immigration (in addition to removing illegal aliens). When I found out that he had four children, it was evident that he wanted the ideal to benefit his family at the expense of immigrant families like mine.

I commend you for living by the principles you advocate...

Old 11-30-2012, 07:44 PM

10,444 posts, read 4,931,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
"The recent decline in births to foreign-born moms reversed a trend in which immigrant women accounted for a rising share of the country’s births, according to the report. In 2007, immigrant mothers accounted for a quarter of all U.S. births, compared to 16 percent in 1990. By 2010, foreign-born moms accounted for 23 percent of all births."

And, wait for it, "Teen mothers make up a greater share of births among U.S.-born women (11 percent in 2010) than foreign-born mothers (5 percent)."...
Yep, the end of whites being a majority will be a product of their own choosing. When you average less than two children per couple, your demographic shrinks in size. When another demographic has a high birth rate, they grow. The higher the birthrate, the more rapid the growth. Systems like Social Security, Medicare and Medicaid become impossible to fund when you have a massive population of retirees and not enough working aged folks to support them.

Truth be told, the best solution to what ails us just might be dumping our idiotic system of quotas and letting more working-age immigrants into our nation. It's a complicated issue, but ultimately immigration by folks with a high birth-rate will do no worse than breaking even. They'll create just as many jobs as they "steal." And if they have a bunch of kids, paying for all the necessities of those children makes them a net gain.

Sincerely,
Just Your Average White Guy

Old 11-30-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
And here I read the OP as being foreign-born moms. Why are you making it about one Nationality? 23% is roughly 1 in 4. The report doesn't distinguish between citizens and illegals, but merely US-born women (which includes illegals previously born anchors) and foreign-born women (both legal and illegal) who are here one way or the other. Benicar pretty much pointed to the quote from the article that shows there is still a disproportionate birth rate by foreign born moms and if you add in the anchor babies that are having children, that increases it even more.
In the post you are responding to, the "23%" is the drop in the birthrate of women from Mexico (thus the listed nationality), not the percentage of births in the U.S. to foreign-born mothers (also 23%)...

There seems to be many math and comprehension errors on the comments of this topic...

Now back to addressing (again) the biggest one (so far)...

Old 11-30-2012, 08:21 PM

47,531 posts, read 63,161,959 times
Quote:
Understanding that Whites and Blacks have higher numbers on welfare than Hispanics...
Well Americans do have higher numbers on "TANF" which is the cash handout that is considered "welfare" and illegal parents can't receive TANF. However virtually no illegals actually pay for the births or health care of their children and benefit immensely from Medicaid, food stamps, WIC, Section 8.

Hispanics are facing rising poverty --- black Americans' poverty declined and whites' poverty rose only slightly.

Poverty, language skills widening achievement gap for Hispanics

Hispanic poverty doubles in U.S. - U.s. - Catholic Online

Hispanic poverty doubles in U.S.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:24 PM

43,025 posts, read 18,883,312 times
Quote:
I didn't say that non-Hispanic Whites have higher birth or fertility rates...

Time for a math lesson. "Non-Hispanic Whites" are 63.7% of the U.S. population on the 2010 Census. Despite having close to two million babies last year (just under 50%, but the largest amount of any single ethnicity), it is below the "replacement level" for those 63.7% of non-Hispanic Whites. Even though other ethnicities have lower (Asians, whom need immigration to stay at a replacement level), close to (Blacks), or slightly above (notably Hispanics) the replacement level on birthrates, they are lower percentages of the U.S. population.
Quote you: "How can a category of "Hispanic immigrant births" be the "majority of growth" when births to non-Hispanic Whites are double all Hispanic births in the United States? A little over a year ago, all minority births together barely eclipsed births to non-Hispanic Whites. About four million babies were born that year, less than a million to Hispanics, slightly over a million to other minorities, and two million to non-Hispanic Whites"

Please don't turn this into another circular argument. I won't play that game with you.

Old 11-30-2012, 09:37 PM

43,025 posts, read 18,883,312 times
Quote:
Numbers alone don't tell the story, only when the per cent of the population is also taken under consideration can there be a clear picture. If one race or ethnic group comprises 15 % of the population but makes up 68% of the welfare roles, that is a clear picture.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or