U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2012, 01:23 PM

47,531 posts, read 63,161,959 times

Advertisements

Hispanic poverty rates in the USA are rising very fast -- at a much higher rate than black or white Americans. An extremely high number of hispanic children are not covered by private health insurance and so are taxpayer burdens.

Even family sponsors of immigrants are not expected to provide their immigrants a health insurance plan. They leave that up to the taxpayers.
Rate this post positively

Old 12-01-2012, 01:33 PM

And of course with the cultural tendencies to have children out of wedlock and at very young ages, much of this rising poverty becomes generational and of course very government dependent.

Hispanic kids are the largest group of children living in poverty - The Washington Post

Hispanics now make up the largest group of children living in poverty, the first time in U.S. history that poor white kids have been outnumbered by poor children of another race or ethnicity, according to a new study.

In a report released Wednesday, the Pew Hispanic Center said that 6.1 million Hispanic children are poor, compared with 5 million non-Hispanic white children and 4.4 million black children. Pew said Hispanic poverty numbers have soared because of the impact of the recession on the growing number of Latinos.

Old 12-02-2012, 07:02 AM

5,120 posts, read 3,795,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Naturalized but still unable to learn any English, finish high school, marry, or buy their own health insurance and will receive food stamps, WIC, Section 8 housing, and free meals at school for their US born welfare dependent children.

Remember -- if they could have learned responsibility and self control back in their own countries, and limited their family size to what they could afford, their own countries would be in far better shape and they wouldn't have to flee them for the generous American programs like Medicaid and food stamps.
So you don't think the fact that a lot of these people are employed by companies who don't offer health insurance, and pay a wage that even after working 50+ hrs you still qualify for food stamps/public assistance has nothing to do with those stats. As much as social safety net programs are a rallying cry for the so-called pro business right, these programs subsidize their labor force.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
So you don't think the fact that a lot of these people are employed by companies who don't offer health insurance, and pay a wage that even after working 50+ hrs you still qualify for food stamps/public assistance has nothing to do with those stats. As much as social safety net programs are a rallying cry for the so-called pro business right, these programs subsidize their labor force.
It takes two to tango. The illegals pouring over the border will gladly take the very low paying jobs and don't care one bit if they get health insurance or not -- but they also make the decision to start having babies they cannot afford because the babies are completely paid for by the US taxpayers and bring in food stamps and WIC coupons.

But yes, the illegal hiring businesses very much like their taxpayer subsidized cheap work force. I don't think anyone would mind seeing these criminals behind bars and their businesses shut down and assets forfeited.

But as far as the illegals, it's irresponsble as sin for their to have baby after baby that they cannot afford, and that's what they did to their own country and why it's so horrible for them to have to live in it.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:30 AM

15,172 posts, read 16,757,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
Oy vey! - All of those Hispanic women that have immigrated (whether they have now naturalized, are still Legal Permanent Residents, or are illegal aliens) were "foreign born", and will be for the rest of their lives. If the illegal alien component of that are having births, why is it so hard to believe the other portions are not? What percentage of foreign-born Hispanic mothers are you defining as being illegal aliens?
Still can't substantiate your "30%" claim, eh? Still grasping at straws. C'mon, IBM, we both know you have no proof. How could you, considering there is NO reliable data? The government doesn't want us to know the true magnitude of this invasion, which is why they refuse to even attempt to collect data on illegal alien births, crime, fiscal burden, or any aspect of illegal immigration.

Heck, they won't even separate info on illegal aliens in our prison population. No, they prefer to place illegals in the same category as legal immigrants, when they could easily maintain separate data. But, then, they're all "immigrants" aren't they? No distinction should be made between those here legally or illegally. Right? After all, according to PC doctrine, illegal is now synonymous with legal. But, they damn sure can tell us with pinpoint accuracy the number of black welfare recipients, out-of-wedlock births, convicts, etc. can't they?

Old 12-02-2012, 08:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquid Reigns View Post
I find this article from CIS pretty interesting in regards to the purported PEW study as noted in the OP.

Sloppy Reporting, Media Bias Downplay Very High Immigrant Birth Rates | Center for Immigration Studies

and this
Oops! I wonder what "data" they'll issue next to garner support for amnesty. They've already fed us the lie that illegals are doing jobs Americans won't do, our borders are "more secure" than ever, and practically zero are now entering illegally.

IBM, do you have an opinion on this?

Old 12-02-2012, 08:43 AM

I find it rather silly that some people actually think that the soaring hispanic birth rate and population increases have to do with long-time Americans with Spanish last names deciding to start gulping fertility pills. There are places in the USA that show a 400% population increase in hispanics with whole villages moving in practically overnight -- it would be silly to believe that some New Mexican or Texas border town just upped and relocated en masse.

I would suspect that if you looked at only hispanics who have been here since before the late 1980s, their birth rates pretty much match those of other Americans.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:53 AM

3,325 posts, read 2,851,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
My wife and I have no children and planned that over 20 years ago.
It's not just America that has an historic drop in birth rates, it's also considered at "crisis " levels in most of Europe as well.

Worldwide population across the board is an issue that needs addressing as the earths resources continue to shrink at alarming rates.

The world would be a far better place without human blight.

my wife and I never asked to be born but we certainly had it within our power not to add to the problem of world population and we did something about it.
You did just fine. You and your wife contributed to a problem the us now presently has.........we failed to populate our country so................mexico has. Thank you very much.

Old 12-02-2012, 08:57 AM

3,325 posts, read 2,851,775 times
Quote:
I find it rather silly that some people actually think that the soaring hispanic birth rate and population increases have to do with long-time Americans with Spanish last names deciding to start gulping fertility pills. There are places in the USA that show a 400% population increase in hispanics with whole villages moving in practically overnight -- it would be silly to believe that some New Mexican or Texas border town just upped and relocated en masse.

I would suspect that if you looked at only hispanics who have been here since before the late 1980s, their birth rates pretty much match those of other Americans.
.............and you would be wrong.

source
Quote:
Mexican-American Birth Rate Drives U.S. Latino Population Higher
By Uriel Garcia Mon., Jul. 18 2011 at 9:12 AM
The Latino population has risen significantly in the United States in the past decade, but not just because of immigration.

Actually, a higher birth rate among Hispanic women is now the dominant factor in the rise, according to a new study.

The driving force for this surge: Mexican-American babies. This, according to research recently published by the non-partisan Pew Hispanic Center.

One reason why the Mexican-American birth rate surpassed that group's immigration rate is that in the past decade immigration, legal and illegal, from Mexico into the U.S. has declined.

For example, between 2000-2010, 4.2 million Mexican immigrants came to the U.S. During the same period, 7.2 million Mexican-American babies were born.

But in the decade before, there were 4.7 million new Mexican-American immigrants and the same number of babies born.

The main factor in the increasing birth rate, as the study points out, is that Mexican-American women are much younger than women in any other minority group in the U.S......

Old 12-02-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:

I couldn't agree more. I know lots of Hispanics, and only a few have more than 2 kids. Heck, my ex is a so-called Hispanic, so my son would also be included among the "Hispanic" birthrate. Just look at the rapid growth of the Hispanic population during the past 10-15 years, and it doesn't take a brain surgeon to understand the correlation between massive Hispanic illegal immigration and the unprecedented increase in the Hispanic population in this country. Some people just refuse to accept the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or