U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2012, 01:00 AM
 
Location: Jacurutu
5,302 posts, read 4,336,943 times
Reputation: 602

Advertisements

Quote:
The recent decline in births to foreign-born moms reversed a trend in which immigrant women accounted for a rising share of the country’s births, according to the report. In 2007, immigrant mothers accounted for a quarter of all U.S. births, compared to 16 percent in 1990. By 2010, foreign-born moms accounted for 23 percent of all births.


And, wait for it, "Teen mothers make up a greater share of births among U.S.-born women (11 percent in 2010) than foreign-born mothers (5 percent)."...
Rate this post positively

 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:42 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,172 posts, read 16,761,509 times
Reputation: 3033
The damage is done. We will be paying for these "immigrant" births for many, many years to come. I'm surprised you would post this, given your objection to reports that conflate illegal and legal immigration. I would be interested in seeing data specifically on the births related to illegal immigration, as well as the past, present, and projected costs to taxpayers. Of course, that will never happen. But, I would venture to guess, most of the "immigrant" births are the result of illegal immigration.

Oh, I found this to be rather interesting. . .

Quote:
Despite the recent decline, foreign-born moms continue to give birth to a disproportionate share of the country’s babies, the report said. In 2010, immigrants represented about 13 percent of the U.S. population while foreign-born mothers accounted for 23 percent of all births.
And this. . .

Quote:
Despite the drop-off among the foreign-born, Pew population projections indicate that immigrants who arrived since 2005 and their descendants will account for 82 percent of U.S. population growth by 2050. Even taking the recent decline in immigration into account, new immigrants and their descendants are still expected to lead most of the nation’s population increase by mid-century, according to the report.
So, even with the decline, it is clearly a fait accompli.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2012, 08:46 AM
 
9,241 posts, read 7,723,172 times
Reputation: 2216
This is not an illegal immigration issue.

But I will comment on the birth rate.

It has a lot to do with this country fiscal policy. Almost a century ago, it took one person to work for the entire family. The U.S was the worlds largest creditor nation. Now we are the largest debtor nation & it takes the husband, the wife, & credit to keep the household running. Having kids is very expensive because of the high cost of living. Inflation is the #1 reason fertile woman are not having children.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2012, 10:33 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,172 posts, read 16,761,509 times
Reputation: 3033
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post
The same report quoted at CNN:



This needs to percolate a little more, then I'll comment...
It doesn't change the quotes I posted. Again, the damage is done. And, without a doubt, we will pay dearly for our government allowing this country to be overrun by illegals.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2012, 10:39 AM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
15,485 posts, read 14,924,905 times
Reputation: 6904
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

And, wait for it, "Teen mothers make up a greater share of births among U.S.-born women (11 percent in 2010) than foreign-born mothers (5 percent)."...
Here's the link I read: Report Finds U.S. Birth Rate Has Dropped to Lowest Level Since 1920 - Yahoo! News

Mexican women had the largest drop in the rate, at 23% down. But here I thought Mexicans were shooting out 10 children each to mooch off the welfare system. How is this possible? I don't know, but is it possible that people in this forum are, gasp, wrong?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2012, 10:47 AM
 
Location: Lehigh Valley, PA
2,309 posts, read 3,812,353 times
Reputation: 5326
My wife and I have no children and planned that over 20 years ago.
It's not just America that has an historic drop in birth rates, it's also considered at "crisis " levels in most of Europe as well.

Worldwide population across the board is an issue that needs addressing as the earths resources continue to shrink at alarming rates.

The world would be a far better place without human blight.

my wife and I never asked to be born but we certainly had it within our power not to add to the problem of world population and we did something about it.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2012, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
15,485 posts, read 14,924,905 times
Reputation: 6904
Quote:
Originally Posted by julian17033 View Post
My wife and I have no children and planned that over 20 years ago.
It's not just America that has an historic drop in birth rates, it's also considered at "crisis " levels in most of Europe as well.

Worldwide population across the board is an issue that needs addressing as the earths resources continue to shrink at alarming rates.

The world would be a far better place without human blight.

my wife and I never asked to be born but we certainly had it within our power not to add to the problem of world population and we did something about it.
World population is generally expected to peak around 2050-2060 and hold steady or start a slow decline. Most developed nations are already seeing steady declines in rates. If the US didn't have immigration, it's growth rate would be even lower than it is already. Mexico will fall below it's replinishment level mid-century as well, which would likely end most immigration from there even if the US does nothing in regards to reform.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2012, 10:57 AM
 
Location: Mexico City, formerly Columbus, Ohio
15,485 posts, read 14,924,905 times
Reputation: 6904
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
The damage is done. We will be paying for these "immigrant" births for many, many years to come. I'm surprised you would post this, given your objection to reports that conflate illegal and legal immigration. I would be interested in seeing data specifically on the births related to illegal immigration, as well as the past, present, and projected costs to taxpayers. Of course, that will never happen. But, I would venture to guess, most of the "immigrant" births are the result of illegal immigration.

Oh, I found this to be rather interesting. . .



And this. . .



So, even with the decline, it is clearly a fait accompli.
Given these are the only populations really growing, it would make sense they would become a larger segment of the birthing population, even as their own birthrates continue to fall. It's basic math and doesn't mean that immigrants have a significantly higher birth rate. That's not what the numbers say at all. Also, if the minority population is growing, why should I be afraid, exactly? I know why you're afraid, because you assume they're all going to be on welfare, but why should I, as a rational person who knows better, be concerned?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 11-30-2012, 11:44 AM
 
Location: Maryland
15,172 posts, read 16,761,509 times
Reputation: 3033
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Given these are the only populations really growing, it would make sense they would become a larger segment of the birthing population, even as their own birthrates continue to fall. It's basic math and doesn't mean that immigrants have a significantly higher birth rate. That's not what the numbers say at all. Also, if the minority population is growing, why should I be afraid, exactly? I know why you're afraid, because you assume they're all going to be on welfare, but why should I, as a rational person who knows better, be concerned?
I don't give a flying fig whether the "immigrant" or "minority" population grows or declines. But, I do care that millions of babies have been born to people who have no legal right to be here. And, yes, most are born at taxpayers' expense, and most will remain a tax burden for many years to come, if not the remainder of their lives, as well as their offspring. After all, it is not uncommon for generational welfare to exist in many families. As a taxpayer, yes, I do object. Now, please share your "rational" evidence to prove that most are not being supported by taxpayers. I'll wait.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top