Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 12:29 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times

Advertisements

This is disgusting!!
This is outrageous & a mockery of our citizenship & legal immigration laws.

Last edited by All American NYC; 12-19-2012 at 12:40 PM..

Old 12-19-2012, 12:48 PM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Government screwing us over in favor of foreign interests, be they illegals or foreign corporations..what else is new?

Old 12-19-2012, 12:53 PM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
And you still think the NWO is tin foil ?

I'm waiting to see "Undocumented American" on a government form.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:01 PM

9,240 posts, read 8,668,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
And you still think the NWO is tin foil ?

I'm waiting to see "Undocumented American" on a government form.
Even though I don't live in NY, but in NY they have immigrant status on some government forms, by not referring to you as a citizen/American to make illegals feel equal.

Example:

1st generation immigrant
2nd generation immigrant
ETC....

Old 12-19-2012, 01:16 PM

5,299 posts, read 4,847,626 times

I think "David North" has a big reading comprehension problem. Does anybody want to hear what this actually is (it's not anything on illegal immigration), or do we need to let ping around a little bit? I'm inclined to let some people make fools of themselves first, but it's negotiable.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:40 PM

62,958 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBMMuseum View Post

I think "David North" has a big reading comprehension problem. Does anybody want to hear what this actually is (it's not anything on illegal immigration), or do we need to let ping around a little bit? I'm inclined to let some people make fools of themselves first, but it's negotiable.
Oh please don't let us make fools of ourselves. We await with baited breath for you to correct the CIS article.

Old 12-19-2012, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Oh please don't let us make fools of ourselves. We await with baited breath for your clarification on this subject.
Cool. Now let's get back to talking about illegal aliens some more. C-D can't be expected to lag behind dozens of other places (do a search on the CIS title) gnashing their teeth right now.

I mean, do you want to be aware of it before them (and miss out seeing what false rumors can start on a single article by one author), or ride the crest of bitterness a little longer?...

Old 12-19-2012, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Cool. Now let's get back to talking about illegal aliens some more. C-D can't be expected to lag behind dozens of other places (do a search on the CIS title) gnashing their teeth right now.

I mean, do you want to be aware of it before them (and miss out seeing what false rumors can start on a single article by one author), or ride the crest of bitterness a little longer?...
Crest of bitterness? What's that supposed to mean? I read the article and if I am comprehending it correctly they aren't talking about giving illegal immigrants a special status but about granting a special status to legal or potential legal immigrants who haven't paid a certain fee that they are supposed to pay. Therefore they will be "undocumented aliens" in a special status until the fee is paid. So are you still saying that the writer of this article doesn't have his ducks in a row?

Old 12-19-2012, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Crest of bitterness? What's that supposed to mean? I read the article and if I am comprehending it correctly they aren't talking about giving illegal immigrants a special status but about granting a special status to legal or potential legal immigrants who haven't paid a certain fee that they are supposed to pay. Therefore they will be "undocumented aliens" in a special status until the fee is paid. So are you still saying that the writer of this article doesn't have his ducks in a row?
Then why is this topic going viral as something else? We've even had the "This is disgusting!!" comments here (which is amusing in the true context). It couldn't be that CIS is misrepresenting something for the reaction?

If you are able to easily discern what it means, why is it in this Illegal Immigration section, and getting scattered out on the Net as something about "illegals"?...

Old 12-19-2012, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Then why is this topic going viral as something else? We've even had the "This is disgusting!!" comments here (which is amusing in the true context). It couldn't be that CIS is misrepresenting something for the reaction?

If you are able to easily discern what it means, why is it in this Illegal Immigration section, and getting scattered out on the Net as something about "illegals"?...
Probably because of the topic heading in the article. I thought it was about illegal immigrants also until I read it. I don't think the topic heading was misleading though. It is all explained in the article and the term "undocumented alien" was accurate. Why do the misinterpretations by some get you all worked up?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration