Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2007, 02:36 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,958,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
This is the immigration forum. Why would news that a legal citizen hit another legal citizen be posted here?
The driver is in the country inviolation of US immigration law. Had he not been here, he would not have hit the woman. Shouldn't be too hard to figure out.
Your right, there should be a forum section about legal America and all of the faults. I'd be posting articles like crazy.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:40 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,485,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ProLogic View Post
Your right, there should be a forum section about legal America and all of the faults. I'd be posting articles like crazy.
Go for it.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:06 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,958,453 times
LOL, after the Moderators hearing my opposition on a lot of things I highly doubt a forum section like this would be added.

Old 10-19-2007, 06:36 PM

17,291 posts, read 29,446,964 times
Quote:
LOL, after the Moderators hearing my opposition on a lot of things I highly doubt a forum section like this would be added.

Give me a break. The ENTIRE FORUM is filled with the DOMESTIC trials and travails of domestic crime and problems.

Why is it hard to understand that we have more than enough of our own scum that we're pissed off that so much scum is flowing up unchecked from South of the Border?

It's like having to take care of and deal with 10 of your own bratty kids and then having the lazy deadbeat next door neighbor send over 4 of their kids to stay in your house (without permission) 24/7.

Old 10-19-2007, 07:52 PM

447 posts, read 799,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by John1960 View Post
An illegal immigrant is in jail without bond after he allegedly hit a Conroe woman crossing a downtown street Saturday night and raced off without stopping.

The woman, 19-year-old Kinsey Burns, has been released from Conroe Regional Medical Center. According to officials, 34-year-old Fernando Saucedo, of Pasadena, never slowed down after he hit Burns and was then pursued and detained by a witness to the hit-and-run accident.
Conroe Police Sgt. Bob Berry said the incident occurred around 9:15 p.m. as Burns was legally crossing in the 300 block of West Phillips at North San Jacinto, near the site of the Conroe Cajun Catfish Festival. Saucedo did not stop, Berry said, but after he was chased and detained by a civilian the responding officer reported Saucedo had slurred speech, bloodshot eyes and smelled of alcohol.

Houston Community Newspapers Online - Police say immigrant hit woman crossing street

thank you john1960 for posting this thread.
while ms. burns may well have crossing the street illegally, the fact that the man who hit her was found to be intoxicated, and ran from the scene of the "accident" and the fact that he was proven to be an illegal alien, makes this story so much worse, in my eyes, what does make it better, is i see action being done....i see government trying to rectify some of their failures with border security. and i say, it's never too late.
the reason may have been because of 9-11 and the fact that the men who caused such grieving were here illegally, (which imo woke a sleeping giant) or maybe because of the number of americans (legal immigrants included) injured killed or maimed by illegal aliens each year...
after my husband was severly injured and almost killed in a drunk driving "accident with an illegal "immigrant" , the man was arrested and in custody for four months, unable to pay the measly 500 dollars it would have taken to get him his get out of jail free card,he pleaded guilty, didnt have to pay bond, and did not have to sign his signature to be released.
his"promise " to appear in court for his sentencing was good enough for albuquerque judge blackmer(now retired) and district attorneys ,and even though his true identity by fingerprinting or contacting ins was never done, the man was released and went on the run from justice for nine years...my husband had not broken any laws, but has lived eleven years of injustice, because much more has happened to our family and other families who have actually lost their loved ones at the hands of an illegal alien, murdered in cold blood, some,by drunk drivers, some child molesters and bank robbers...and then again, raped by the system we as americans think is designed to protect it's citizens (sorry i was told by a district attorney that the laws were only and strictly designed for the accused...never for the victim, and if people think for one moment that that the person who is injured or killed by an illegal is ever considered the victim in court, then they are naive. because the only entity the court considers, or names, is the state.

i say , if the state is the victim, then let the stae decide...the people of the state..

in the case of ms. burns,she is forunate, and my prayers are with her.
for once autorities are doing the right thing...and i applaud them for doing it.

again thank you for posting this thread.

it's nice to see government doing what we elect them to do.

god bless america.

Old 10-19-2007, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Oh so true. Just because the guy was illegal is the only reason it was on the news.

in a small town, or any town or city, just the fact that the hit and run driver had been drunk would have made local news, people are p@@@@d off about drunk driving, but i think that is a different forum all together and will not go there...because i came to this forum to discuss illegal immigration, maybe touch someone with our story, possibly make friends, and make a difference in helping others stand for what they believe in.
i respect your right to make the statements you make, but question exactly why you are so pro ilegal...
maybe you could clue us in.
i am not opposed to helping anyone who asks, but i am opposed to people demanding . and spitting on old glory.
i cry when i watch the news... no matter what horrible situation is aired..i know right and wrong, i cry for people starving ...i cry for peoplebeing slaughtered, i see what is going on everywhere...i am human...and i do not agree with racism, or think anyone here thinks this about race...
i have not seen racsim on this forum,from the anti illegal, yet i have seen it from many pro illegals, insinuating that anyone regeardless of color opposed to illegal immigration is racist.
you sound like MOD CUT..so. cal myself...a legal immigrant to new mexico...america...u.s.a.

keep thinking, and learn.

"our great resources ....are more especially to be found in the virtue, patriotism and intelligence of our fellow citizens...." james monroe.....

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-19-2007 at 09:24 PM..

Old 10-19-2007, 09:22 PM

14,044 posts, read 27,261,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivski View Post
i have not seen racsim on this forum,from the anti illegal, yet i have seen it from many pro illegals, insinuating that anyone regeardless of color opposed to illegal immigration is racist.
I wouldn't state that myself, I believe that the sentiment is inaccurate, and just your perception.

Old 10-20-2007, 05:35 AM

20,300 posts, read 22,255,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Why does it matter if he was illegal or not, a legal citizen could have hit the woman, and it wouldn't be mentioned on this forum? It doesn't make sense and doesn't sound too fair.
The difference is that the illegal compounded his crimes. Either way it is tragic but all the more so when done by someone who had no right to be here, no right to be driving a car and is one more example of why illegals should be hunted done and deported for the criminals that they are.

Old 10-20-2007, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewToCA View Post
I wouldn't state that myself, I believe that the sentiment is inaccurate, and just your perception.

the exact reason my forefathers fought and died , and my relatives who are serving in our military are fighting as we speak is to give you and me the right of free speech, and to give other countries the same rights in their homelands.

we will just have to agree to disagree.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:35 AM

273 posts, read 250,043 times
I routinely call the police on crimes committed by illegal aliens. MOD CUT

Last edited by NewToCA; 10-21-2007 at 12:24 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration