U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-19-2013, 08:47 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
32,800 posts, read 42,763,386 times
Reputation: 21781

Advertisements

Rand Paul is about to endorse a path to citizenship and declare opposition to deportation of people who entered the US illegally.

Rand Paul endorses path to citizenship - CBS News
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-19-2013, 08:52 AM
 
Location: texas
9,127 posts, read 7,118,358 times
Reputation: 2375
The two staw poll winners at CPAC were Paul and Rubio...both seek CIR.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 08:53 AM
 
42,953 posts, read 18,867,053 times
Reputation: 11895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Rand Paul is about to endorse a path to citizenship and declare opposition to deportation of people who entered the US illegally.

Rand Paul endorses path to citizenship - CBS News
Just another Republican fool who thinks this will garner more votes from the Hispanic community for their party. There still are some saner heads prevailing in congress and I hope they don't all end up selling our country down the river by caving into this travesty called CIR.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 09:06 AM
 
Location: texas
9,127 posts, read 7,118,358 times
Reputation: 2375
what have they gained by sticking to old tired fears. Losing the two past elections.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 09:14 AM
 
25,058 posts, read 24,548,097 times
Reputation: 11709
Of course I knew this would happen. He's a libertarian. Real libertarians, instead of Republicans who call themselves libertarian because it's the hot new thing now, support open borders.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Just another Republican fool who thinks this will garner more votes from the Hispanic community for their party. There still are some saner heads prevailing in congress and I hope they don't all end up selling our country down the river by caving into this travesty called CIR.
If I were you, I'd start adjusting myself now for CIR to become reality. It has a 75% chance of passing, might as well get used to it. Otherwise, you're just gonna be angry and bitter for no reason like white nationalists are.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 10:16 AM
 
Location: Eastern Missouri
3,046 posts, read 5,497,698 times
Reputation: 1386
The ONLY PATH illegals need is right out of the NATION ! ANY FOOL that thinks otherwise needs a horsewhipping.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 11:59 AM
 
42,953 posts, read 18,867,053 times
Reputation: 11895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimuelojones View Post
what have they gained by sticking to old tired fears. Losing the two past elections.
What "fears"?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 12:04 PM
 
42,953 posts, read 18,867,053 times
Reputation: 11895
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
Of course I knew this would happen. He's a libertarian. Real libertarians, instead of Republicans who call themselves libertarian because it's the hot new thing now, support open borders.



If I were you, I'd start adjusting myself now for CIR to become reality. It has a 75% chance of passing, might as well get used to it. Otherwise, you're just gonna be angry and bitter for no reason like white nationalists are.
Don't count your chickens yet. This amnesty was pushed by Bush a few years ago and the outrage by the public was what kept it from passing last time and will again.

Please don't bring white nationalists into this issue. The majority of Americans regardless of their race do not support another amnesty (other than ethnocentric Hispanics, that is). Bitter and angry? Um, millions of illegal immigrants have invaded our country and have costs us billions not to mention the loss job opportunties for Americans. If that isn't reason to be bitter and angry then I don't know what is.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Home, Home on the Front Range
24,016 posts, read 17,540,174 times
Reputation: 13662
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Don't count your chickens yet. This amnesty was pushed by Bush a few years ago and the outrage by the public was what kept it from passing last time and will again.

Please don't bring white nationalists into this issue. The majority of Americans regardless of their race do not support another amnesty (other than ethnocentric Hispanics, that is). Bitter and angry? Um, millions of illegal immigrants have invaded our country and have costs us billions not to mention the loss job opportunties for Americans. If that isn't reason to be bitter and angry then I don't know what is.
About those chickens...

That was then, this is now:

"More than 6 in 10 Americans now favor allowing illegal immigrants to eventually become U.S. citizens, a major increase in support driven by a turnaround in Republicans’ opinions after the 2012 elections.
...
Sixty-two percent of Americans now favor providing a way for illegal immigrants in the U.S. to become citizens, an increase from just 50 percent in the summer of 2010, the last time the AP polled on the question."

AP-GfK Poll: Most back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants as Republican opposition declines | Associated Press GfK Poll
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-19-2013, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
32,800 posts, read 42,763,386 times
Reputation: 21781
Quote:
Originally Posted by TigerLily24 View Post
About those chickens...

That was then, this is now:

"More than 6 in 10 Americans now favor allowing illegal immigrants to eventually become U.S. citizens, a major increase in support driven by a turnaround in Republicans’ opinions after the 2012 elections.
...
Sixty-two percent of Americans now favor providing a way for illegal immigrants in the U.S. to become citizens, an increase from just 50 percent in the summer of 2010, the last time the AP polled on the question."

AP-GfK Poll: Most back path to citizenship for illegal immigrants as Republican opposition declines | Associated Press GfK Poll
Americans are getting weary of the fights. Illegals are destroying the workplace and ripping the social safety net to pieces while gays and lesbians are trampling on our morality and marriage customs. The people with their hands out have taken over the government. Politicians like Paul are compromising core values to get re-elected. There are just too many things going sour in modern America. Traditional Americans are getting too tired to fight it anymore.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top