Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-26-2013, 02:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
" African American leaders "
"African American leadership council"

Putting "leadership" in the title of your organization and/or thread does not make it so.

Also, if you google search this group, It seems to have not been in existence until about 4 weeks ago. They have been around longer, but the point is that they do nothing, have no membership and seem to only be in D.C. and no where else.
So are Jesse Jackson Jr and Al Sharpton the only African American leaders that count?

They want unlimited cheap labor immigration and are doing nothing about high rates of inner city black youth unemployment -- they really don't give a damn, nor do they care about double digit unemployment rates of their followers.

So really why are they the only legitimate two black leaders?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2013, 02:42 PM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
No one has the right to a better life at the expense of others and by breaking laws.

Old 04-26-2013, 06:54 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
These poor people come to the US for a better life. I for one am all for supporting them.
Uh; LOTS of people WANT to go to other countries for a "better life". Let those countries DECIDE who to let in. If an illegal alien gets mad over being told NO, that's NOT our problem. Sheesh!

Old 04-26-2013, 09:18 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
So are Jesse Jackson Jr and Al Sharpton the only African American leaders that count?

They want unlimited cheap labor immigration and are doing nothing about high rates of inner city black youth unemployment -- they really don't give a damn, nor do they care about double digit unemployment rates of their followers.

So really why are they the only legitimate two black leaders?

I dont know, why dont you tell me? Individual members post are searchable right ? You can search my page and you will not see a single positive comment about either of the 2 men you just mentioned.

You jumped to a conclusion based on god knows what and were completely and utterly wrong.

While doing so, you did not even respond to the content of my comment. I said the African American Leadership council where not leaders in the community. You mentioned nothing of them in your response.

the AALC has no membership, no website(other than social media), no publication,no notification system, they barely have a leadership structure of their own and they only exist in one city.

If you wanted to talk about African American leadership, i would think either those elected by a vote of the people or those over the Urban League and NAACP who have constituencies in the hundreds of thousands and even millions.

Last edited by dsjj251; 04-26-2013 at 09:35 PM..

Old 04-26-2013, 09:34 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default I support them too

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintgum84 View Post
These poor people come to the US for a better life. I for one am all for supporting them.
I agree. They come for a better life, and Conservatives want to give them the shaft because they don't vote for them. I say let them in and help them become a part of this society. They vote against Republicans, which means that they are smarter, more enlightened, and more beneficial to the well-being of this country than Conservatives ever have been or ever will be.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:30 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
I dont know, why dont you tell me? Individual members post are searchable right ? You can search my page and you will not see a single positive comment about either of the 2 men you just mentioned.

You jumped to a conclusion based on god knows what and were completely and utterly wrong.

While doing so, you did not even respond to the content of my comment. I said the African American Leadership council where not leaders in the community. You mentioned nothing of them in your response.

the AALC has no membership, no website(other than social media), no publication,no notification system, they barely have a leadership structure of their own and they only exist in one city.

If you wanted to talk about African American leadership, i would think either those elected by a vote of the people or those over the Urban League and NAACP who have constituencies in the hundreds of thousands and even millions.
And are the Urban League or the NAACP doing anything about double digit unemployment rates for the people they claim to represent or addressing high inner city youth unemployment? They are not. No one is except activists like Ted Hayes and this group.

The problem is dire for the inner city youth -- there are 3 possibilities for them -- prison, death, or a job (including military service job) but black leadership and the policitians aren't doing anything to get them into a job. Even the Great Society program called Job Corps has had funding cut and isn't taking applications any more. No one seems to care. Just build more prisons and caskets and keep immigrants pouring in to take the jobs that could be the only salvation for the most disadvantaged American youth.

Old 04-27-2013, 02:48 AM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 22 days ago)

29,551 posts, read 16,539,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
And are the Urban League or the NAACP doing anything about double digit unemployment rates for the people they claim to represent or addressing high inner city youth unemployment? They are not. No one is except activists like Ted Hayes and this group.

The problem is dire for the inner city youth -- there are 3 possibilities for them -- prison, death, or a job (including military service job) but black leadership and the policitians aren't doing anything to get them into a job. Even the Great Society program called Job Corps has had funding cut and isn't taking applications any more. No one seems to care. Just build more prisons and caskets and keep immigrants pouring in to take the jobs that could be the only salvation for the most disadvantaged American youth.
Your response tells me you have no idea what you are talking about. both the NAACP and Urban league hold job and information fairs in african americans communities and at colleges and universities. Both have done research and presented proposals to congress as well as gone onto national tv to give their plans to the public at large

and again, you talk about this group as if it is some giant national organization, it isnt. There presence does not exist outside of lobbying in D.C.

So i will ask again, what exactly has the AALC done besides agree with your political views to be called Leaders ?

And before i even respond further lets get something straight. I dont agree with the immigration reforms taking place right now, but my response to you and this thread is the characterization of a small group as the "black Leadership" when i doubt even 90% of the African American population of their home city even know who they are, let alone the rest of the nation.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:13 AM

382 posts, read 588,470 times
More immigrants that are legal means more stress on the system. Let California tax itself to death taking care of their sanctuary cities. The rest of us need to fight to stop these stupid immigration bills.

Old 04-27-2013, 03:15 AM

382 posts, read 588,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
I agree. They come for a better life, and Conservatives want to give them the shaft because they don't vote for them. I say let them in and help them become a part of this society. They vote against Republicans, which means that they are smarter, more enlightened, and more beneficial to the well-being of this country than Conservatives ever have been or ever will be.
Illegals will be a draw for more illegals in the form of family and friends, they work cheaper and put other real Americans out of work. They draw on the welfare system and put an undue stress on our nation. People like you, are destroying the country.

Old 04-27-2013, 06:38 AM

62,945 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
No one has the right to a better life while making other's lives worse. No one has the right to a better life by breaking laws. Conservatives and even many non-conservatives want our immigration laws respected and enforced. That's a bad thing? If so, why do we even have immigration laws then?

So the Democrats are thinking of the well-being of this country by desiring to give millions of illegal immigrants a pass on our immigration laws especially when we have 23 million Americans out of work? That's enlightenment and intelligence?

There is a legal way to become a part of our society. You don't fly, jump a border, swim over here or get smuggled over here to attain that. Congress together both the GOP and the Democrats have determined that we can accomodate 1 million legal immigrants per year based on our ability to accomodate them in jobs and resources. Do you think that isn't a sane policy that protects those things for Americans and we should just let anyone in who wants to come here for a better life anyway? Surely you jest. Amnesty isn't the answer enforcing our immigration laws is. Are we to amnesty millions more in the next 20 years or so? When does it stop? Whose country is this anyway? U.S. citizens or foreigners?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration