U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-08-2007, 07:52 PM

2,434 posts, read 6,423,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greatbasinguide View Post
You might want to research MS-13, not your typical gang, actually a product of the Reagan intervention in the El Salvador Civil War

MS-13 was is not a product of the Reagan administration. MS-13 actually originated in LA, and it was formed by illegal aliens from El Salvador. The MS-13 illegal aliens banded together to protect themselves from other more established gangs of Los Angeles, who were predominately composed of Mexicans or Mexican-Americans. Reagan had nothing to do with the formation of the gang.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2007, 08:29 PM

1,394 posts, read 2,672,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GH0ST.. View Post
so how do you screen for "gang member"? how do you screen for the potential to be a gang member?
Are you one of those what if, but if or if people?

Old 11-08-2007, 09:27 PM

1,332 posts, read 1,904,876 times
Quote:
all of the aforementioned screening processes do nothing to determine if someone is a gang member or a potential gang member.
You may want to elaborate...Your response says nothing...

Old 11-08-2007, 09:45 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,059,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye48 View Post
MS-13 was is not a product of the Reagan administration. MS-13 actually originated in LA, and it was formed by illegal aliens from El Salvador. The MS-13 illegal aliens banded together to protect themselves from other more established gangs of Los Angeles, who were predominately composed of Mexicans or Mexican-Americans. Reagan had nothing to do with the formation of the gang.
not to mention that MS-13 are an extremly violent group of people.

Old 11-08-2007, 09:47 PM

3,432 posts, read 2,675,735 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
not to mention that MS-13 are an extremly violent group of people.
You forgot to mention extremely stupid.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:00 PM

1,511 posts, read 882,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texanborn View Post
Are you one of those what if, but if or if people?
i dont know what that is.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migee View Post
You may want to elaborate...Your response says nothing...
i asked you a very straightforward question. how do you screen for "gang members" or potential "gang members"?

if someone is trying to immigrate, what procedure do you use to determine whether or not that specific individual is involved with a gang or will be in the future?

(short of identifying tattoos, it's impossible to tell)

Old 11-08-2007, 10:10 PM

3,689 posts, read 10,059,688 times
Quote:
i asked you a very straightforward question. how do you screen for "gang members" or potential "gang members"?

if someone is trying to immigrate, what procedure do you use to determine whether or not that specific individual is involved with a gang or will be in the future?

(short of identifying tattoos, it's impossible to tell)
you do extensive background checks on them. Most of these gang members and criminals leave a trace of that lifestyle in their old country.

Old 11-08-2007, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noahma View Post
you do extensive background checks on them. Most of these gang members and criminals leave a trace of that lifestyle in their old country.
can you give me an example?

Old 11-08-2007, 10:47 PM

1,904 posts, read 2,187,036 times
"Bloods, Crips, Folk, Vice Lords, Latin Kings are names that often cause alarm and fear MS-13among the gentle people of America. Now a gang is emerging on the scene that causes members of these notorious gangs to fear or at least have second thoughts about venturing onto the wrong street. La Mara Salvatrucha is a well organized and very violent, very brutal gang born in El Salvador. It is more commonly known as MS-13.
........ their paramilitary type structure and order that comes from years of civil wars and insurgencies in Central America,

.........MS 13 first arrived in the USA in California in the 1980’s"
Quote:
The gang originated in El Salvador and initially consisted of violent guerillas who fought in El Salvador's civil war. As the war neared its end, the gang moved operations into the nearby Honduras. In the Honduras, where membership topped 36,000, the gang rose to such power that the Honduran government instigated a crackdown on all gangs and even passed a law aimed specifically at busting up gangs and organized crime.
Quote:
I joined the maras when I was eleven. I felt alone without my mom, my dad and my sisters around, without anyone to guide me…When I first joined the mara it was nice, because I had a lot of friends, brothers and sisters.1
Like many children from poverty-stricken homes in Guatemala, Rosa Jiménez, 12, saw in the Mara Salvatrucha gang everything she sought after—money, clothes, a sense of belonging, and guidance.
Mara Salvatrucha, or MS-13, as it is most commonly known, has quickly grown into a transnational gang. It originated in the 12-year civil war between the military and any possible influences of Nicaragua’s Sandinista guerrilla movement within El Salvadora dating from the overthrow of Gen. Carlos Humberto Romero in October 1979. For the next ten years, war raged between the ever-changing government and the guerrillas of the Farabundo Martí National Liberation Front (FMLN).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration